What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DWD's Quarantine grow show

deepwaterdude

Hi everyone, I hope you're all enjoying the inside of your 4 walls as I am. In these COVID times, we're lucky we all have a "hobby" that can be practiced indoors, alone, with immense satisfaction. i hope you are all staying safe and well.
I've been keeping busy, having been laid off the 14th of this month. I've prepped my outdoor garden, fired up the inside garden with 8 new fem beans, 5 of which are up this morning.
Here's the lineup:
4 Zamaldelica x Kali China fem - hoping to find a couple of the amazing plants I had last time.
2 Romulan fems - always wanted to try this;)
1 Super Malawi Haze fem - the last, sandwormy plant was some of my favorite smoke, unique.
1 Purple Wreck by Reserva Privada - Purple trainwreck that I bought in the 'Dam in 2010. It was the first bean to crack and first to break ground. Love old seeds;o)

Right now, in order of birth; Purple Wreck, Zam x Kali China #2, the 2 Romulan and SMH are up and going for it.
Just waiting on the other 3 Zam x KCs.
They're in crappy coco mix under 200w of flo. Temps are nice, fans just turned on. Pics when we have some plants to see...

deepwaterdude

Well that was fast - 8/8 up

Well that was fast - 8/8 up

I want to see how the Rom turns out... got my eye on that one

Me, too, man. I hope they turn out like the pictures;) They popped up like the twins they're supposed to be, and with gusto;0) Nice red stems.

Nice selection there D.:eek:)
Hope everything is ok where you're at my friend

Thanks, Red, so far so good. I'm super rural, just hoping the family stays as well as I am. This thing has brought us a lot closer. I was checking out your awesome thread earlier today;)

So I'm happy to say things are off to a good start. My only germination doubt was the Purple Wreck, but apparently she was stamping her feet for 10 years;) She and Super Malawi Haze (SoMuch) needed fingernail surgery this morning, and I got their helmets off without killing them.
Very happy to see all Zam x Kali China up and healthy. I had two or three extremely special plants and 4 really good ones in my first go rounds with her. I'm hoping to see my blue marble buds, the red pyramids or the black again - best stuff ever.
I keep my eyes out for amazons when I have the luxury of popping a few fem beans of the same strain. The blue marbles, my favorite Zam x KC, was just massive leaved and dwarfed her sisters, my hugest and best zamaldelica x panama was the amazon of her bunch, buds were ridiculous, same with Abbott, my huge killer A5 haze... so I've got my eye out for one who stands head and shoulders above the rest.
I expect the Roms to be uniform, being genetic twins, but you never know with pot.
Planning on a month or so veg, but they'll be in coco, so maybe a little faster:biggrin:
Be well all.

Attachments

• SoMuch and P Wreck were helmetheads and needed help.jpg
    SoMuch and P Wreck were helmetheads and needed help.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Zam x KC 2-hairy bugger.jpg
    Zam x KC 2-hairy bugger.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Purple Wreck.jpg
    Purple Wreck.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 21
  • Rom 1 red stem.jpg
    Rom 1 red stem.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Everybody up.jpg
    Everybody up.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 22
M

Mr D

DWD I have Romulan regs just starting to show preflowers in veg.

Zamaldelica F-2's 4 weeks in flower. Real nice juicy fruit gum smell

deepwaterdude

DWD I have Romulan regs just starting to show preflowers in veg.

Zamaldelica F-2's 4 weeks in flower. Real nice juicy fruit gum smell

I really wanted to try the regs. I like the idea of variation, but they were out when I was antsy.
Throw up a pic if you don't have a thread of your own going! Love to see these.

M

Mr D

I have 5 in veg and so far very uniform growth.

picture.php

I'll get a better shot over the weekend so you can see more of the plant, but whenever I post a pic it always seems to end up side ways.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
DWD, thank you brother for this grow show !
I'm very interested in the Romulan myself. I need to study this strain and see if it will finish here outside. I do trust dubi that these are the real deal. I have ordered a few times from Canadian seed banks and been ripped off each time.

I hope you and your family are safe and healthy. I have not worked in two weeks myself. Thank God most of my stuff is paid for. I'm enjoying this time away.
Have a great day my friend. Peace

YukonKronic

I have 5 in veg and so far very uniform growth.

View Image

I'll get a better shot over the weekend so you can see more of the plant, but whenever I post a pic it always seems to end up side ways.

Hey mr.D if you crop your pics a tiny bit (or as much as you want really) before uploading it should “fix” their orientation in the code so they stay upright.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi deepwaterdude,

Always a pleasure to see you posting friend :wave: thanks for starting a new thread for your upcoming gardening projects.
Glad you are happy and motivated to face the quarantine at home working on the new indoor garden :)

The genetic recipe for Zamaldelica x Kali China has not changed since this hybrid was produced for the first time, meaning all the versions so far have been produced with the same Zamaldelica elite mother pollinated by same purple Kali China F4 parental plant (reversed), so you can expect very similar outcome and ratio of desirable/remarkable plants than in your previous grow. I hope so, as you love some of the expressions of this polyhybrid.

Happy you liked also Super Malawi Haze so much and that you want to repeat the experience ;) That's a great sign!

Curious also about the outcome of the Romulan S1 from Jake.
Sounds like a very interesting and fun grow. :yes:

Best wishes, enjoy and stay safe!

deepwaterdude

Day 6 evolutions

Day 6 evolutions

Hi deepwaterdude,

Always a pleasure to see you posting friend :wave: thanks for starting a new thread for your upcoming gardening projects.
Glad you are happy and motivated to face the quarantine at home working on the new indoor garden :)

The genetic recipe for Zamaldelica x Kali China has not changed since this hybrid was produced for the first time, meaning all the versions so far have been produced with the same Zamaldelica elite mother pollinated by same purple Kali China F4 parental plant (reversed), so you can expect very similar outcome and ratio of desirable/remarkable plants than in your previous grow. I hope so, as you love some of the expressions of this polyhybrid.

Happy you liked also Super Malawi Haze so much and that you want to repeat the experience ;) That's a great sign!

Curious also about the outcome of the Romulan S1 from Jake.
Sounds like a very interesting and fun grow. :yes:

Best wishes, enjoy and stay safe!

Hey, Dubi, lovely to see you and hear that you and your family are well. Intense times, perfect for some distraction with a little grow;)

I was just looking at the seedlings today asking myself that very question, if the Zam X KC genetics were the same as they were, so this is most excellent news!

I like variation, obviously, and so would have ordered the reg Romulan had they been in stock, but still very curious to see what properties the cut holds.

Here we are, me smoking some C5 x KC, them at 6 days of life, and all sorts of wondrous stuff going on. They have been under 24hr fluorescent light since pop, and will start 18/6 tomorrow. I've always loved flos for vegging plants.

Alongside are the starts for the garden, that'll probably be in there as long as there's space. There's thai basil, italian basil, cilantro, arrugula, buttercrunch lettuce, other lettuces, spinach, fennel, radishes and swiss chard... maybe other stuff I can't remember. Today I'll put some butternut squash in there to germinate.

The marijuana looks extraordinary, every one of them special, very uniform in their actions and growth. Yesterday they ate 2.5 ml sensi A + B/gal and liked it. Won't have to push anything very hard. love to see the pink in the Super Malawi Haze, and her round leaves. These are both signs I was hoping to see, and as usual, I am very lucky the cannabis Gods grant me favor... which to the philosophers out there may seem an impossible sentence.

One of the high points to quarantine is the opportunity to discover the contents of one's house, and then clean them madly. This included my 13 gal blumat reservoir and cloning station. The latter is going to see quite a bit of use, as I figure some of these strains will be ideal for outdoors. I will clone the hell out of the Romulan, the Purple Wreck a bit, and my favorite Zam x KCs mucho, whichever look best adapted to my short, cold outdoor season.

Big plans for little plants, eh?

Today's slightly better photography, though still bad.

Attachments

• SMH bottom, PWreck top.jpg
    SMH bottom, PWreck top.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG 0907
    IMG 0907
    68.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Zam x KCs.jpg
    Zam x KCs.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 23
  • Day 6 above ground - steaming along.jpg
    Day 6 above ground - steaming along.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Whole shabang, veggies n all.jpg
    Whole shabang, veggies n all.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 19
  • The babes:clone donors.jpg
    The babes:clone donors.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 20
  • Spinaches or lettuces.jpg
    Spinaches or lettuces.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 17
  • Arrugula.jpg
    Arrugula.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 19

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I'm at home with nothing to do, might as well enjoy this show. I popped a few beans too.

deepwaterdude

Just a quick update, with pics to follow. They're at @16 days since birth. They've had nights for four days now and were slightly stressed with the timing change and because I threw the big light in there to cover the veggies. All the lettuces are doing great, but the Cannabis was really much happier under its fluorescent glow. (An understatement, a few looked ready to kick the bucket) I ended up taking the precious plants out of the tent and back under their flo for the last three days. They are finally looking like they wanna go;)

Other things they've already suffered - overwater, fed too early then not enough etc... all products of an unclear mind. They've most lately been top dressed with the heavily amended Coco/Peat mix that'll fill their final shoes.

I can say this; They've got my nose's interest. The Super Malawi Haze is a dark, thick one with a bewitchingly powerful skunk smell. Absolutely lovely as I was hoping for a fatty. The Romulans are also skunky, strong and complex, less aggressive than the SMH. Purple Wreck has a nice, identifiably chemdawg smell and the Zam x KCs, 3 of them very uniform and big, have very complex noses, more apple and green smells ATM. I'll wait until they're happier to say more, as the happiest seem to stink the most;)

I'll post pics after I get a liter or two of coffee in me.

*Edit: I wanted to say that one downside to the 24 hr light schedule is the underdevelopment of the roots, which is the thought that started them on 16.5/7.5. It took them a couple of days to adjust, but they're going up and down with the light now.

deepwaterdude

Pic update day 16 from seed - some real little stinkers

Pic update day 16 from seed - some real little stinkers

I say that in a good way.

Can't believe I've let my tent get hijacked by roughage.

Attachments

• Roms left, smh and PW right.jpg
    Roms left, smh and PW right.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 24
  • ZAm x KCs.jpg
    ZAm x KCs.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 23
  • Anotha angle.jpg
    Anotha angle.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 20
  • Profiles in squatness.jpg
    Profiles in squatness.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 18
  • Wakeup day 16.jpg
    Wakeup day 16.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 22
  • veggies April 10.jpg
    veggies April 10.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 19
  • ZAm x KC 1.jpg
    ZAm x KC 1.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 21
  • SMH front PWreck back.jpg
    SMH front PWreck back.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 18
  • Romulan twins.jpg
    Romulan twins.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 21

deepwaterdude

Little cabbages update

Little cabbages update

Day 23-24 from seed, FIMmed everyone except Romulan 1, Purple Wreck and ZAm x KC 1. Rom 1 needed to catch up to her happier sister, Purple Wreck is showing her seed's age. I remember this happening with the last seed I popped of her a couple years back. Good start, then no vigor and death. We shall see if she makes it into new shoes, a week or two off. Zam x KC #1 is the squattest of the 4 ZAm x KCs, shows good health and vigor otherwise.

Here they be. They've been wanting and getting food these days, always 1/2 recommended dose of whatever they're getting. They'll get repotted in 3 gal amended Coco/Peat in the aforementioned week or two, then stay out of the tent until flower time. Nighttime temps outdoor hover around freezing, so the victory garden stays in the tent maybe another month! It's already overflowing with lettuces and some radishes are ready;)

What's weird is that the tent veggies are expanding super rapidly under that light and in junk soil, whereas the Cannabis didn't like the NextLight at all when they were in there. I think I was maxing them out a bit PARwise, should've had the light higher. I put Purple Wreck in there yesterday to see if the conditions would perk her up, but nope. Anyway, I hope everyone is keeping well - may our usual dry coughs not be COVID related:biggrin:

Attachments

• Da gang before water day 23.jpg
    Da gang before water day 23.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 20
  • Zam x KC 1 and 2.jpg
    Zam x KC 1 and 2.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 19
  • Zamaldelica x Kali China 3 and 4, fimmed.jpg
    Zamaldelica x Kali China 3 and 4, fimmed.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Rom 1 and Rom 2 (topped front).jpg
    Rom 1 and Rom 2 (topped front).jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Super Malawi Haze front, P Wreck, maybe on last legs, rear.jpg
    Super Malawi Haze front, P Wreck, maybe on last legs, rear.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 23

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
Day 23-24 from seed, FIMmed everyone except Romulan 1, Purple Wreck and ZAm x KC 1. Rom 1 needed to catch up to her happier sister, Purple Wreck is showing her seed's age. I remember this happening with the last seed I popped of her a couple years back. Good start, then no vigor and death. We shall see if she makes it into new shoes, a week or two off. Zam x KC #1 is the squattest of the 4 ZAm x KCs, shows good health and vigor otherwise.

Here they be. They've been wanting and getting food these days, always 1/2 recommended dose of whatever they're getting. They'll get repotted in 3 gal amended Coco/Peat in the aforementioned week or two, then stay out of the tent until flower time. Nighttime temps outdoor hover around freezing, so the victory garden stays in the tent maybe another month! It's already overflowing with lettuces and some radishes are ready;)

What's weird is that the tent veggies are expanding super rapidly under that light and in junk soil, whereas the Cannabis didn't like the NextLight at all when they were in there. I think I was maxing them out a bit PARwise, should've had the light higher. I put Purple Wreck in there yesterday to see if the conditions would perk her up, but nope. Anyway, I hope everyone is keeping well - may our usual dry coughs not be COVID related:biggrin:

Nice and green healthy looking ladies.:tiphat:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
DWD, thank you again for sharing this grow. I have enjoyed your updates my friend. Hoping you are safe and healthy.
Peace