What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PM makes me Sick

Fiet

I have problem Houston... My Finished Autoflowers become PM infection after 15 days i fight them but the Shit come back but late in flower it is OK little leafs are infested but good to deal with it. The Main Problem are my New plants are now 15 Days old and 1 of them show the white spores i hope the other 5 are OK but today another show a white spot I remove the half leaf.. How high is the chance my other young plants are not infected??? Do i need to throw the plant away with the new Spot ore is a chance the PM don't come back? It's so sad i never thought it is so shitty to fight against it i dont want starting everything new :(

IMG_20200215_105919.jpg

THC123

Veteran
Sulfur leaves residu. It can be an option in veg, but once they start flowering I would switch to a Cleanlight UV hobby Unit. It really works well but it is a lot of work.

before you trash(if you do)

use a high ph water https://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-1963312-essentia-ionized-alkaline-ph-balancing-water-33-8-fl-oz?scid=scbplp169861&sc_intid=169861&utm_campaign=SC-US-ShoppingCampaign-NB&msclkid=69a8f24d41151239eeafac0ab5ec92a8&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=4581596236998298&utm_content=SC%20-%20Shopping%20Campaign%20-%20USA%20-%20NB

sure it may discolor your plants buts it has worked for me
better and safer then eagle 20 or other chem curative and suppressants
I never use a foliar spray because plants in a dust free environment don't need it
you can also try to spray with milk
milk in veg ph water in flower

pm has a desired humidity temp and ph range
Google it

but sadly its hard to contain and all areas should be cleaned with hydrogen peroxide or bleach at 1 part bleach 4 parts water

good luck

Mr. J

Sulfur leaves residu. It can be an option in veg, but once they start flowering I would switch to a Cleanlight UV hobby Unit. It really works well but it is a lot of work.
If you've still got mildew in flower then you're fucked already. Clean everything, kill everything you don't need, burn every two days and then twice a week on vegging plants as a preventative and by the time they are flowering the mildew should be long gone. It also effectively treats the room, killing spores and like THC said, leaves a fine powdering of sulphur on every surface. And get your environment in check. Big swings in humidity are really bad for encouraging pm.

Lapides

Rosin Junky and Certified Worm Wrangler
Veteran
Powdery mildew is already everywhere.

Your growing environment is encouraging its presence.

Fix that shit and PM will stop making you sick.

Fiet

before you trash(if you do)

use a high ph water https://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-1963312-essentia-ionized-alkaline-ph-balancing-water-33-8-fl-oz?scid=scbplp169861&sc_intid=169861&utm_campaign=SC-US-ShoppingCampaign-NB&msclkid=69a8f24d41151239eeafac0ab5ec92a8&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=4581596236998298&utm_content=SC%20-%20Shopping%20Campaign%20-%20USA%20-%20NB

sure it may discolor your plants buts it has worked for me
better and safer then eagle 20 or other chem curative and suppressants
I never use a foliar spray because plants in a dust free environment don't need it
you can also try to spray with milk
milk in veg ph water in flower

pm has a desired humidity temp and ph range
Google it

but sadly its hard to contain and all areas should be cleaned with hydrogen peroxide or bleach at 1 part bleach 4 parts water

good luck

It is not better to clean it with Water and Isopropanol alcohol? I have done it but the spores are maybe everywhere... Milk buttermilk is better i belive? Ph water i have done it but Mildew came back.

I have bought "Propolis" you guys here from it? Beese made it to protect there larves from all Mildew stuff i give if a try it is 100 bio and a Natural Fungicide.

Nice much help here thx

Fiet

If you've still got mildew in flower then you're fucked already. Clean everything, kill everything you don't need, burn every two days and then twice a week on vegging plants as a preventative and by the time they are flowering the mildew should be long gone. It also effectively treats the room, killing spores and like THC said, leaves a fine powdering of sulphur on every surface. And get your environment in check. Big swings in humidity are really bad for encouraging pm.

My flowering autos are nice the Mildew show some little sign but they are Ready in 10 days no worry but i wash my Harvested Buds then?

What Burn somethink i can't burn something i Grow in my sleeping room sir

knuckles

Veteran
I just installed three units directly into my hvac...they also have self contained units for your grow/flower rooms...

Amynamous

I live in the southwest US. My plants are continually subjected to dust storms, dirty rains, bugs, mold mildew, bacteria and bird shit. I wash and “disinfect” by flowers in the following manner.
First container: contains warm tap water, a few drops of dish soap(surfactant), lemon juice(acidity) and 3% hydrogen peroxide(kills most microbes). I keep the flowers submerged for at least twenty to thirty minutes.
Second container: filtered or RO water, dish soap and 3% hydrogen peroxide. I keep the buds submerged for twenty to thirty minutes.
Third, fourth and fifth container: Filtered or RO water and 3% hydrogen peroxide. Keep buds submerged for 10-15 minutes.
Sixth container: Filtered or RO water. Keep buds submerged for 10-15 minutes.
Ratios: the hydrogen peroxide should be between 20-30% of the overall solution in each step. I typically will use a liter of hydrogen peroxide for the process. Also, if you see bubbles coming from your buds as they are submerged, it means the peroxide is killing the bad stuff.

During each step, i will gently swish the buds around to help the solution reach all surfaces and to help remove bugs, dirt, etc.
I am not sure if the lemon juice (acid)is really that helpful, but it makes me feel better. I keep rinsing/swishing until i no longer see dirt on the bottom of the container. This is probably overkill for your issue, but i believe the hydrogen peroxide with dish soap solution should be helpful with the buds you will be harvesting. Just be sure to rinse enough to remove the soap. The hydrogen peroxide will rapidly break down into water and oxygen and evaporate as the buds dry. I have not noticed any change in potency from my bud washing.
Good luck.

It is not better to clean it with Water and Isopropanol alcohol? I have done it but the spores are maybe everywhere... Milk buttermilk is better i belive? Ph water i have done it but Mildew came back.

I have bought "Propolis" you guys here from it? Beese made it to protect there larves from all Mildew stuff i give if a try it is 100 bio and a Natural Fungicide.

Nice much help here thx

try this site for some ideas for your weed garden I just found it today lol
https://moldresistantstrains.com/6-ways-cure-powdery-mildew-cannabis-organically/

I battled pm in many ways through out my life on many types of plants

I am a registered master gardener in my state so I have seen many cases
milk (1 to 9 or 2 to 9 parts with water)has been my go to lately high ph water is effective on gardens you don't want to give up on.
remember conditions matter so like I said google pm's habitat

alcohol to clean with...its fine but flammable so I don't recommend it to clean rooms with
follow proper horticultural practices always keep on eye on things remember an ounce of prevention is better then a pound of cure

Fiet

I have a important question: Is PM systematic? When a plant show sign are the Plant forever infested with PM ore can i fight the PM to nerver come back? Is this shit in the Plant i only can throw her out because my other Plants are can infected? Maybe all infected i don't know... How is the chance some plants are resistant against Mildew? I don't throw all my Genetics out :(

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
I live in the southwest US. My plants are continually subjected to dust storms, dirty rains, bugs, mold mildew, bacteria and bird shit. I wash and “disinfect” by flowers in the following manner.
First container: contains warm tap water, a few drops of dish soap(surfactant), lemon juice(acidity) and 3% hydrogen peroxide(kills most microbes). I keep the flowers submerged for at least twenty to thirty minutes.
Second container: filtered or RO water, dish soap and 3% hydrogen peroxide. I keep the buds submerged for twenty to thirty minutes.
Third, fourth and fifth container: Filtered or RO water and 3% hydrogen peroxide. Keep buds submerged for 10-15 minutes.
Sixth container: Filtered or RO water. Keep buds submerged for 10-15 minutes.
Ratios: the hydrogen peroxide should be between 20-30% of the overall solution in each step. I typically will use a liter of hydrogen peroxide for the process. Also, if you see bubbles coming from your buds as they are submerged, it means the peroxide is killing the bad stuff.

During each step, i will gently swish the buds around to help the solution reach all surfaces and to help remove bugs, dirt, etc.
I am not sure if the lemon juice (acid)is really that helpful, but it makes me feel better. I keep rinsing/swishing until i no longer see dirt on the bottom of the container. This is probably overkill for your issue, but i believe the hydrogen peroxide with dish soap solution should be helpful with the buds you will be harvesting. Just be sure to rinse enough to remove the soap. The hydrogen peroxide will rapidly break down into water and oxygen and evaporate as the buds dry. I have not noticed any change in potency from my bud washing.
Good luck.
The recipe I have, no soap. Bucket 1: H2O, lemon juice and baking soda. Bucket 2: H2O2 and H2O, Bucket 3: Clean distilled water.

nahual

I have a important question: Is PM systematic? When a plant show sign are the Plant forever infested with PM ore can i fight the PM to nerver come back? Is this shit in the Plant i only can throw her out because my other Plants are can infected? Maybe all infected i don't know... How is the chance some plants are resistant against Mildew? I don't throw all my Genetics out :(

i believe it is not personally, but there is a ongoing debate about PM and whether it is systemic or not. we treat plants with "systemic" fungicides like eagle 20. PM is a fungus growing and reproducing spores on the outside of plants, on their "skin". the spores are reproduced there, and spread via the air. doesnt seem systemic to me, if it only exists on the epiderma, and the sub layer below it. it does not travel throughout the inside of the plant and spread that way.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
I can't tell from your posts how you are growing (inside or out, soil or hydro) but from my own experience growing in the South (indoors/soil) higher humidity creeps in over night.

The most important positive change I made in my system to combat PM
was watering early in the day rather than right before lights out, keep the fan running at night and give plenty of air space between each plant (don't let the leaves touch).

Hope this helps!:tiphat: