What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nepal Mist limited edition

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks squatty for your kind words :)

I'm the one who feels immensely grateful and lucky seeing so many growers around the world growing and enjoying the seeds and strains we breed and produce ....
nothing is perfect, but i truly love my job! ;)

And i never keep genetics only for myself if i find them interesting or different, quite the oppostite .... i like to reproduce and spread them as far and as much as possible, unless the person who gave me the genetics put some restrictions on them. Cannabis genepool is amazing and there are always new interesting lines or different fields worth to explore and to keep excited the breeders and growers. Laws, time and resources are the main limiting factors, but certainly i always have the will and energies to learn and explore new things.

Thank you once again for sharing this with us Dubi.

We are so grateful that you have embraced watching others grow your work.

I can't imagine if so many years ago you had decided to keep genetics to yourself!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi friend ;) Exciting to see you so excited with them!

Your 2 Nepal Mist seedlings clearly side the Kali Mist look and growing traits without showing so far much evident influence from the Nepalese Kathmandu. Glad their aromas bring you nice memories as well, hoping for females and i really wish they can meet up your high expectations on them.

Just flipped my two to 12/12... Will know soon if any females :biggrin:

One of the two Nepal Mists looks exactly like her. Purple Striped stems, ultra vigorous, incredible stalks... a plant that required basically nothing to thrive. The smell when rubbing them is exactly the same, the growth structure, internode spacing... everything.

I ended up just doing SOG, incredible for it, and no fuss required. She was so vigorous that it as faster to cut 16 clones and throw them in the tent to get 16 donkey d*cks full of hard as rocks, glittering in resin buds that required 4-7 fan pulls to have them completely trimmed and ready to dry.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi OZZ,

Well... Kali China and Nepal Mist are quite different concepts, with different goals and at different stages of development and refinement.

Kali China is a highly selected and highly inbred tamed indica dom hybrid, with highly refined incensey terpene profiles (coming from both: Kali Mist and purple China Yunnan mother #6) and with a very pleasant effect with surprising and exotic sativa qualities for an indica shaped strain of this kind.

On the other hand, Nepal Mist is very very sativa dom hybrid, rawer, wilder, less selected and less refined, i did not have many seeds of Nepal Mist line and seeds were very old so my main goal when working again with this line was to open pollinate as many different interesting plants as possible to save the maximum genetic diversity, so in future generations i can work and inbred the sativa expressions i like the most.

My goal with these hybrids was not to copy or replicate Kali Mist as it was, but to include her super refined, exotic and loud incense terpenes into some of my different most incensey lines and then work my hybrids to new directions that i like.

I don't know the full story about Kali Mist, only Simon knows and he has never disclosed (to my knowledge) its exact genetic composition. But i have grown and smoked all the best Dutch Haze hybrids from the Dutch golden breeding era (90s) and to me is obvious that Kali Mist descends from the Haze hybrids from Neville. I have found very piney lemony incensey expressions in old Kali Mist which could be more related to male Haze C and its offspring, but i also have found very dark meaty incensey terpenes in some KM plants that were very close to A5 Haze, i also found Skunk and indica traits in the KM seeds i grew so my guess Kali Mist is another super hybrid breed from the magnificent Haze/Skunk/NL genepool. It may contain other things too, but i bet most of her qualities and reputation comes from this genepool.

To be honest and only in my opinion, the best Kali Mist is the best Dutch Haze hybrid of all time. That's why i have huge respect for the line and for what Simon (and others previously did) to contribute to its development. The best Kali Mist are much better than the original NL/Haze F1 hybrids from Neville, only original Jack Herer release came close.

And i'm not going to enter on the famous debate on the 'Old vs New' Kali Mist, first of all because i don't like to comment in public about what other breeders do, secondly because i have not grown Kali Mist from seed for 18 years so i have no experience to compare.

Simon kindly gifted me 4 Kali Mist regular packs during last Spannabis, and i'm sure there will be fire in these seeds.

Dubi, which line do you think is better overall? The Kali China or the Nepal Mist?

Which do you think gets a person closer to the original Kali Mist??

I suppose a person could attempt a BX on one of these lines, any plans to do that? Ive heard you tell stories of how highly you rate the real Kali Mist. Would love to hear your thoughts on the above questions.

TIA :)

OZZ_

Veteran
Great info as always Dubi, thanks for explaining what your goals are for these two lines and your vision moving forward.

Phrenos

Hello everybody!!!
I am growing 7 Nepal Mist currently, as they grow I will upload a photo, there is one that I have kept an eye on ...

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
So nice to hear it Phrenos :)

Eager to follow your progresses. Please, keep us updated :yes:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
My Nepal Mists:

picture.php

Both were fimmed the same if I recall correctly. Sorry for NM on the left, only half seen.

Keeping them in small pots for the time, waiting for them to show sex.

Nepal Mist #1
picture.php

Nepal Mist #2
picture.php

Funny my Kali China growing structure is a exact clone of this last one.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi repuk,

Damn! :D Your Nepal Mists are getting huge indoors. Are they overgrowing the height and space of your indoor room ?
It's important to make sure these sativa doms receive lots of light throughout the entire plant to flower properly indoors.
You can expect very strong stretching in early flowering so plan it accordingly.

Sure, they look very Kali Mist ;) I think i sent you Nepal Mist Kali Mist phenos as you requested,
glad the plants bring you nice memories from the beloved Kali Mists you grew long time ago. Excited to follow their progresses in flowering!

PD: Some Kali China can grow tall if you grow them big and depending on the expression too, but Kali China has ticker stems, wider hashplant indica leaves, lesser stretching in flowering, faster flowering, and a more indica flower structure, etc ... than Nepal Mist or Kali Mist.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Phrenos,

Thanks for sharing a pics of your Nepal Mist family :)
Did i send you Nepal Mist seeds from a specific pheno ?

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Seems I got two nice machos... didn't surprise me at all, dunno if coincidence, back in 2008 from my Kali Mist pack, I got five males and one incredible female from the six seeds remaining in the pack, higher male rate?

Nepal Mist #2, Airy & Branchy structure, the most vigorous one:
picture.php

Nepal Mist #1: Columnar and bushier:
picture.php

Yes, this was a work in progress and some things didn't turn out as planned, have to admit they've been neglected, if I 'd have a SIL on top of them they wouldn't have stretched that much.

No problem so far keeping their size, they're in 4L pots... I'm targeting 1-1.2 tall canopies in this room for trained plants this grow.

Will leave them a little more so that flowers are more developed, then move them to a different room or cut branches, dip in water and leave near a window inside a closed room to collect pollen, thinking in the OTHs :biggrin:

Phrenos

They look really nice Phrenos! Is that coco?

Hello Repuk! no, it is not coco, it is earth but this is not the one I usually use, I don't like nothing :(

Hi Phrenos,

Thanks for sharing a pics of your Nepal Mist family :)
Did i send you Nepal Mist seeds from a specific pheno ?

Hi Dubi!! Yes you send to me 2 different phenos, Kali Mist pheno & Nepalese phenos, but...I had a germination problem with Kali Mist pheno (only 1 survivor XD, I left them on top of the router, and i think too much temperature) nepalese pheno no problem in another place.

Best Regards!!

Phrenos

Hello everybody! I hope all is fine, update with a new photo of theses Nepal Mist :)

Attachments

• nm2.jpg
    nm2.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 91

OZZ_

Veteran
Seems I got two nice machos... didn't surprise me at all, dunno if coincidence, back in 2008 from my Kali Mist pack, I got five males and one incredible female from the six seeds remaining in the pack, higher male rate?

Nepal Mist #2, Airy & Branchy structure, the most vigorous one:
View Image

Nepal Mist #1: Columnar and bushier:
View Image

Yes, this was a work in progress and some things didn't turn out as planned, have to admit they've been neglected, if I 'd have a SIL on top of them they wouldn't have stretched that much.

No problem so far keeping their size, they're in 4L pots... I'm targeting 1-1.2 tall canopies in this room for trained plants this grow.

Will leave them a little more so that flowers are more developed, then move them to a different room or cut branches, dip in water and leave near a window inside a closed room to collect pollen, thinking in the OTHs :biggrin:

I like where your head is at. The Nepal must x OTH would be excellent :ying:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for the update Phrenos, more Nepal Mist seeds Kali Mist pheno on the way ;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Repuk, thinking again about the possibility of an Oldtimer's Haze x Nepal Mist cross, suddenly came to my mind that i already did this cross more than 10 years ago.

I cannot remember the exact season, most probably 2006-2007, when i was reproducing outdoors Nepal Mist 'F1' seeds to make the F2 (F2 seeds that recently we have used to produce the F3 of current Nepal Mist release). So i pollinated a Green Oldtimer's Haze female with Nepal Mist F2 pollen, seeds of the cross fall down in the soil and some volunteers born, i grew and harvest them and damn, the outcome was excellent, super resinous for a sativa and very strong trippy effect, great flower/leaf ratio as well, with enticing and refined sweet floral terpenes, memories are foggy so i cannot remember more details.

Unfortunately i don't know what happened with the harvested Haze x Nepal Mist seeds i kept, i have tried to find them with no luck, they were probably lost when i moved to another house, so please do it! :D You won't be disappointed with the results. I wish we had included Green Haze #19 in latest Nepal Mist reproduction.

Frick

Hello Dubi and thank you for this creation! I love Ace genetics. Just finished a Zamaldelica run and couldn’t be happier! Nepalese genetics are tops in my book. I’m about to run some Satori because they are Nepalese. If you ever need another tester I run latest LED tech for lighting and old-school soil indoors and would love to help anyway I can! Even if it is to prove the plants are newbie proof! Keep up the great work.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Phrenos: yay!! :woohoo: :lurk:

dubi said:
I cannot remember the exact season, most probably 2006-2007, when i was reproducing outdoors Nepal Mist 'F1' seeds to make the F2 (F2 seeds that recently we have used to produce the F3 of current Nepal Mist release). So i pollinated a Green Oldtimer's Haze female with Nepal Mist F2 pollen, seeds of the cross fall down in the soil and some volunteers born, i grew and harvest them and damn, the outcome was excellent, super resinous for a sativa and very strong trippy effect, great flower/leaf ratio as well, with enticing and refined sweet floral terpenes, memories are foggy so i cannot remember more details.

I think there's not better indicator of the quality and potency than you not remembering!!! :biggrin: