What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

KUMAONI RSC

Old Piney

I have fear give so much, i have read, the kumaoni's don't like so much nutrient, she's like poor ground, but because I'm not in full ground, i think I need to fertilize a little bit. But i have fear overfertilized her. For this reason my question 😉
I juiced mine up once early with week chicken manure tea and then just relied on the soil, which is fairly good with plenty of worm castings so don't worry

IndicaFarmer

For sure, for the moment i have 4 femal phenotype in structure, but one dead yesterday for accident 😣( I fell on one of them for my disability)
the dead phenotype
View attachment 18751217
was the most big 3,4m~ but didn't have many branches, im sure its good for hemp but not for charas😂

The three others are enter 2m4, 2m70 and 2m80.
the 2m40 and 2m70 are with red branches

the 2m70
View attachment 18751213
With red branches and the most branches too.
I think go to be early, because The pstiles, are very numerous and developed compared to the others plants, normally I go to fertilize her with the male
the 2m80
View attachment 18751216

And the 2m40
View attachment 18751215

I hope you like it, it's my first with Himalayan strain (but not with rsc, i loved grow the mazar i sharrif)
I'm growing in 56l for more precision ask me😉

Thank you 😁 yes i have 5 Oliver for making oil😉
giver her a drink and some nitrogen man! structure looks strong though.

Jabiru4

Hi from France ( I am new and I will have to introduce myself on this forum, site,.. but I wanted to react first on this subject )
Years ago, I had grown a Kumaoni plant, and I have never seen any plant grows such fast.. at the end it towered most plants of my yard. Even cuttings that I have made in late june, turned into big plants, bigger than the others strains sowed in April. For years I kept the stem of my main plant ( lightweight but very resistant ) so impressed I was to see all this biomass generates in a season.
Great variety.

If anyone has seeds of this strain ( Kumaoni ) I would be glad if we could find an arrangement for an exchange ( I have Kompolti strain, an unknown strain brought back from southern part of Senegal, and others crosses made by myself )

Old Piney

My first-generation from TRSC Kumaoni seeds grown outside last season real big seeds
1675384788704.jpeg

Last edited:

Old Piney

So just a little recap of what I've experienced/learned about kumaoni. It's extremely vigorous and grows gigantic.Outside they should either be started late or pinched early and given support .The first year I grew I started them the first week in June and they grew well over 13’.I harvested early the first week in November because they were falling over .I had them staked up with a big steal snow fence stakes and one snapped right off bending the stake .The second year started late (first week in July ) so as not to get to big. I was only interested in making seeds.They still managed to grow to 9’. Those plants I harvested in the middle of November before a hard freeze although they still were not quite ripe . I believe with some time and selection this can be resolved.These plants were given just a little staking and had no problems Kumaoni has no problem with frost.They seem just fine with good soil and a little fertilizer. My soil is good and full of worm castings , I hit them with one shot of week chicken manure tea early on .I'm not an indoor grower but I believe because of their size they should be put on a flowering light cycle right away.
1675551227602.jpeg

Last edited:

Hashislife

So just a little recap of what I've experienced/learned about kumaoni. It's extremely vigorous and grows gigantic.Outside they should either be started late or pinched early and given support .The first year I grew I started them the first week in June and they grew well over 13’.I harvested early the first week in November because they were falling over .I had them staked up with a big steal snow fence stakes and one snapped right off bending the stake .The second year started late (first week in July ) so as not to get to big. I was only interested in making seeds.They still managed to grow to 9’. Those plants I harvested in the middle of November before a hard freeze although they still were not quite ripe . I believe with some time and selection this can be resolved.These plants were given just a little staking and had no problems Kumaoni has no problem with frost.They seem just fine with good soil and a little fertilizer. My soil is good and full of worm castings , I hit them with one shot of week chicken manure tea early on .I'm not an indoor grower but I believe because of their size they should be put on a flowering light cycle right away. View attachment 18808233
I totally agree with your feedback. I will add that she loves to be trimmed. depending on the phenotypes, even with an apical cut and branches every 10 days, if planted in April, it will measure between 2m20 and 3m in a 50l pot.
IMG_20220918_173410.jpg

Old Piney

You have make it with live or dry resin?
With live resin its more similar to charas in flavours?
I missed this somehow. I just dried it with a cure and froze it and dry sifted it I'm still smoking it. I'm gonna try some bubble with this last seasons crop. I tried hand-rubbing it fresh just couldn't get it down. I got a little really good finger hash picking the dryer flowers of the stems though

synthesis_314

20230408_081403.jpg
20230408_081318.jpg
20230403_081408.jpg
20230331_092552.jpg
20230405_061844.jpg
20230411_074350.jpg

I just finished my kumaoni selection indoors at 13 weeks. The high is so clear and perfect for daytime and very uplifting. Mine stretched incredibly high and I had to take evasive measures. Beautiful huge foxtail colas I was really surprised at how good the flowers looked. Smells like heirloom corn tortillas and temple incense.

It's starting to cure but what I've tested so far has been surprisingly strong and just all around good vibes.

In the last picture you can see a cut of my Kumaoni selection in the back left, she's going to be pollinated by the Afghan mail in the front, and then back right is an Afghan female that will also be part of this project.

These are all from the real seed company, kumaoni and the Afghan mix.

Behold, the mystery!

Dogtown

@synthesis_314
Those look freaking delicious!
Man that high sounds familiar, once tested Charas from a good friend which he brought back to town, it felt like your sitting on a cloud which carry's you through life.

Have you found a nice male to pollinate this gorgeous female?

synthesis_314

@synthesis_314
Those look freaking delicious!
Man that high sounds familiar, once tested Charas from a good friend which he brought back to town, it felt like your sitting on a cloud which carry's you through life.

Have you found a nice male to pollinate this gorgeous female?
I did find a female, in the above pictures the male is front left ... that huge bushy beast. It was one of thr healthiest Afghans and also the densest nodal structure ... I'm hoping this carries through to the super tall Kumaoni leading to something that works well indoors and perhaps a little faster too.

synthesis_314

@synthesis_314

Awesome grow man ! How tall is the Kumaoni ? You clearly had to top her quite often. She does look very chunky though.

Also re: your lights, are those Lumatek Zeus LEDS by any chance ?
At highest she was about 5'5". If left natural who knows ... lroba my 6.5 - 7'. I only topped the Kumaoni in veg, but yeah the stretch was unbelievable. Maybe 4-5x. I ended up supercropping all the top branches at about 16" from the top. The tent looked like a bunch of branches folded over eachother it was bananas. I found my Kumaoni sensitive to topping so currently I'm only taking one snip at a time maybe once a week otherwise they start to downspiral into deficiencies from the stress.

The light is a Photontek 400.

Latest posts

Latest posts