What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Karma Genetics Sour A5 Haze - Testers

Bmac1

Veteran
Thank you for the kind words folks.

Bench, you are correct on the chitin but the calcium was also a factor. Little N and P doesnt hurt either. I think the frass is a good option too.

Black Swallow Soil has crab meal and oodles of other stuff.

nickman

Veteran
Best grow thread I’ve seen in a long time buddy. Massive respect! They must’ve been a lot of work with the staking required, but certainly worth the effort.

Question for you on your organic mix. I’ve had quite a challenge getting crab shell meal & wonder if you think insect frass might be a viable alternative. I’m assuming the crab shell meal was used for its contribution of chitin...?

Looking forward to the smoke report on those girls.

Thank you for the kind words folks.

Bench, you are correct on the chitin but the calcium was also a factor. Little N and P doesnt hurt either. I think the frass is a good option too.

Black Swallow Soil has crab meal and oodles of other stuff.

Looks real nice Bmac1 ...!!!...

I’ve been using insect frass for a minute now and REALLY like the stuff a lot...!!!... can u get Coast of Maine Lobster Compost???
It also has chitin in it as well ...!!!...

B

bench warmer

Awesome info. Black swallow soils is a treasure trove!
I’ll check out the lobster compost too. Thanks a lot guys!

Bmac1

Veteran
Thanks nickman, how are your testers smoking?

I don't believe Coast of Maine is available up here.

Yo Sammy

Veteran
Great work, beautiful plants!
Looks like yr in for a big treat, defo earned it!
Hope you will love the smoke.

Bmac1

Veteran
Thanks sammy and og.naj. I am very pleased and they were a treat to grow. They really have gotten stinky over the past week and are highlighting the fact that I should replace my filter for the next crop, lol.

I am going to chop them and get them hanging tomorrow or Sunday so there will be a cheeky tester or two over the next week.

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran
You nailed it, this was fun to follow, by looks i would say there be somthing there, some may change a bit with a nice litle cure.

Bmac1

Veteran
Thanks for picking me to run them Karma, they really were a treat to grow. Not finicky at all once I got over the fear of them bursting through the roof of the tent, lol. Lesson learned and the cuts I have will be topped next time.

Did you happen to get my PM regarding the A5 S1?

Bmac1

Veteran
They were cut and the full plants hung on Sunday morning. They are really putting it to my filter. It fucking stinks, but in the best way. I may need to get some one gel to help me through the next 4-5 days. I am hoping I can sneak a tester in the next couple days.

Bmac1

Veteran
They are all in jars and being burped now. Looks like a very decent yield overall. I have sampled the two that I was able to back up and am very pleased so far even without any cure time.

I will get some pics up soon and should be able to give a some smoke reports this weekend.

Bmac1

Veteran
I've not forgotten about this. I have been quite sick since the start of the new year. I havent even smoked anything in the past week and am dying to finish trying them out. I hope that I will be in shape to get some reports done this coming weekend.

B

bench warmer

Hope you recover fast and fully B. I’m at the tail end of a brutal virus too. I feel your pain.
At least your buds are curing as your health returns.
:canabis:

Bmac1

Veteran
I have not been "smoking" anything for the past 2 weeks or so. I have used my vaporizer on a couple 9f occasions but there have been many days that I just didnt have any. All in an effort to shake this damn cough and chest congestion.

I did light a J last night and had a few pulls and again this morning. It was from the #9 plant, aka the oddball. Grew very columnar and dense and had a pine smell to it at points while growing. My palette could be more refined but I get an earthy, musky, flower type smell and this translates to the taste as well. No pine at all and nothing hazy at all.

Only took 3-4 pulls which I like to do when trying something new. Mind you it's kind of just how I smoke. Maybe an extra hit or two here and there. The high is pleasant and you feel it right behind the eyes instantly. It stays in the head too and has a head in the clouds type of vibe without creeping into the body at all really. The high just kind of fades away without any burnout. Lasts about an hour or so with just a few puffs.

This could maybe use a bit more cure time but the ash was pretty dark on this one. Still pretty smooth but I know it will improve with another couple of weeks in the jars. The flavor isnt as much as I would like but I wouldnt have any issues if i had paid for a bag and got this.

I didnt get this one backed up but she would have been a 1 and done anyway. Her structure doesnt fit my growing style and the flavor is not really anything extraordinary.

Phone pic could be better but here it is. Might be able to get another report up later but I'll only do 1-2 per day.

picture.php

G

Hit it with some high K Tea's and they should sweat it out.
I may have asked this before but what are you using to bump the K for the tea ? I just use EWC and some Kelp and either high N or high P guano (thanks Tom) depending on how far along with the black strap molasses and bubble for 36 hours or so.