What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary PCBuds mini-grow

PCBuds

It's Alive !!

My intention is to keep the light on all the time and in that pot for about a month until I harvest my current grow.

Then I intend to transplant it into my closet and decrease the daylight by 1/2 hr a day or so from 24 to 18 hours, then keep it at 18 until it's done vegging.

If anyone has opinions on my plan I want to hear them.

I figure it's got stable genetics (White Widow from Crop King Seeds) so I shouldn't freak it out and make it herm.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What is the K of the light above the seedling? 6500k will cause it to stretch less than 3000k or 2800k.

To answer your question about amount of light per day, all plants I've ever grown are kept under 24/0 light until they get thrown into flower (12/12).

I don't know if it really makes a difference to run them say 18/6 vs 24/0 other than saving some electricity (which in some areas can really add up) and/or not having to run all lights on timers. I prefer not having to deal with timers on veg cabs.

PCBuds

What is the K of the light above the seedling? 6500k will cause it to stretch less than 3000k or 2800k.

To answer your question about amount of light per day, all plants I've ever grown are kept under 24/0 light until they get thrown into flower (12/12).

Awesome!! Thanks!!
That's all I needed to know.

I don't know if it really makes a difference to run them say 18/6 vs 24/0 other than saving some electricity (which in some areas can really add up) and/or not having to run all lights on timers. I prefer not having to deal with timers on veg cabs.

I didn't want to freek out my plant and didn't want to bother with another timer if I didn't have to.

I don't care about the electricity. It's a 10 W bulb.
(less than $7 a year 24/7)

PCBuds

Was this a good idea?

I've been pulling off the yellowing leaves thinking they are dying off anyway so they're just blocking light.

I know the nutes are being resorbed back into the plant but I thought it was more important to get light to the buds.

The upper colas are pretty barren now but the trichs are still clear and she's sprouting a bunch of new white hairs.

Some branches are still green...

I don't pull off green leaves.

Last edited:

PCBuds

I blew on my seedling and it fell over.

I decided to leave it there to see if I will stand up on its own and strengthen the stalk.

PCBuds

I finally noticed some amber trichs so I decided to harvest.

I didn't want to wait anymore so I just cut it.

I planted the seed April 4th.

PCBuds

My next plant is looking pretty good ��!!

I just started giving her some nuted water.
1/4 strength.

I figure if I don't drown her or send her into drought, (like I did with the last plant) I can get her finished sooner.

I have to churn some lime into the soil and install some new light sockets.

I'm thinking 6-8 sockets on each side so I have to go shopping for sockets and lamp cord.

PCBuds

My outdoor plants are doing pretty good too but it's another windy day.

I put two stakes in the ground to push them away from each other to help them get sun in between.

PCBuds

I transplanted my plant to the grow closet and fired up all the lights.

Twelve 10 Watt bulbs on the walls with the globes on.
Five 10 Watt bulbs aiming down with globes removed.
And 160 Watts of four foot old school fluoros.

It took about 2 hours to realize that the temperature rose to 98° and I was roasting my plant.

I unplugged the fluoro, unscrewed three bulbs up top and unscrewed 8 bulbs on the walls.

I think this looks like light bleaching.

PCBuds

I trimmed my plant today after ~6 days drying and put it in a big ole bottle.
I didn't weigh it but it almost filled the jar.

I figure 2~3 ounces.

I've got 5 Boveda packs in the jar but the Relative Humidity shot up to 70%.

I didn't want to overwork my Bodeva packs so I threw in a pack of silica gel to absorb excess moisture so I don't turn my packs crispy.

Does this make sense?
I don't want to burp it twice a day for a month so I'm thinking the desiccant can absorb excess moisture.

The RH dropped to 60% so I figure it's doing its job and not overwhelming my Bodeva packs.

Does anyone have any input on this?

PCBuds

As far as I know it, the point of burping the jars is to release moisture.

I'd rather keep the lid on and seal in the terpines.

PCBuds

Okay.

So lid off for 10 minutes twice a day for two weeks?

Then once a day for two weeks?

Is my jar too big?

I've come this far, I don't want to wreck it now.

Mr. J

Okay.

So lid off for 10 minutes twice a day for two weeks?

Then once a day for two weeks?

Is my jar too big?

I've come this far, I don't want to wreck it now.
Hard to say exactly. Depends on a lot of things. I have buds curing in jars right now and I check them at least 2 or 3 times a day at this point. The other day I took everything back out and let it all breathe for a few hours. That's part of the fun, checking out how the smells are developing, giving a bud a little squeeze to see where it's at, and it's the only way to get a feel for it. There's no "set it and forget it" when it comes to a proper cure, in my opinion.

PCBuds

I decided to empty out my jar to check it out.

That way I could weigh it as well.

The buds look, feel and smell okay and I ended up with 5.38 ounces.
I guess I have pretty dense flowers because I remember 2.5 ounces filling that jar with an earlier grow.

I'm debating on whether or not to burp the jar but I'm going to keep a close eye on the hygrometer.

I've got 5 Bodeva packs in the jar and the relative humidity is 63% which I think is perfect for curing.