What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ever heard of a dog getting meningitis? ...

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
I found out a month ago that my 9 y-old dachshund now has a more serious type of meningitis which i didn't even know dogs could get. Anyway long story short its been around a month in a half since the diagnosis and treatment. She is on so many meds. Shes seemed to be doing a little bit better untill tonight what she could hardly walk. I took her to the overnight emergency room. They did blood work testing and now they r saying her liver is going out the window because of chemotherapy and meds. I fear that her time is near the end. :cry: :cry:

And even though shes not gone yet I've been crying my self to sleep at night rembering the good times over the years with her. Thinking not again its too soon to have to say good bye to a nother one of my furrbsbies. :cry: :cry: :cry:

My heart feels like its being ripped apart yet again.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Here she is around a year ago. Healthy as a horse and as strong as an ox and so beautiful.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1548758511370.jpg
    FB_IMG_1548758511370.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 51
  • FB_IMG_1548758180937.jpg
    FB_IMG_1548758180937.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 46
  • FB_IMG_1548759610472.jpg
    FB_IMG_1548759610472.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 47
  • FB_IMG_1548759480029.jpg
    FB_IMG_1548759480029.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 46

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow, I'm saddened to hear of your beautiful pal's diagnosis. From what I know encephalitis/meningitis is bacterial. Steroids, other Rx and surgery is usually the coarse. Worked in a vet clinic for a while. Saw 2 cases then.....that was years ago.

Hoping she pulls through. Rescue Remedy and HP Pet cream, both naturopathic may help. They lick it so it's internally processed.

Maybe consult a holistic vet?

Hang in there!

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
She is a little beauty,,
Totally gutted for you,,,
In my prayers tonight that she pulls through,,,,944s2

Green Squall

She looks very happy and cute in those photo's
Its clear that you've given her a life any dog would dream for.
I lost my dog a few years ago and my advice is to stay strong and just be there for her.
Give her a good head scritchin' and a milk bone for me :comfort:

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Thanks guys for the warm prayers and well wishes from my dog. She is still here today. 😁 Yesterday she seemed to have a Pep in her step. Maybe the Chemo drugs kicked in. I don't know how much time she has left on earth But I've been making every 2nd Spent with her count. She still able to eat drink water And go outside to go pee/poo.

When the time comes my other dog isn't gonna know whats going on and is gunna be freaking out as will i be.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That’s great news,,,
Hoping you have a long time with her,
All the very best,,,944s2

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Update. My dog with meningitis has gotten back to good health now. She can now walk like normal again with out any leg wabble. She is acting like nothing was ever worng with her.

So this is one of my theories. So she had been getting cemo therapy every 2 months and was getting lil better then she has been getting acupuncture and is mow running all over the place like a puppy and she is 8-9 years old. I think the acupuncture has done WONDERS for her spirit and more importantly her ability to walk, run, and be her old self. And im so grateful that shes better now.

Ok. Now go give your dog or cat a big hug and tell them how much you love them...

Attachments

• 20190906_185147.jpg
    20190906_185147.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 48
  • 20190906_185218.jpg
    20190906_185218.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 20190906_185321.jpg
    20190906_185321.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 20190906_183905.jpg
    20190906_183905.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 45
E

ESTERCHASER

they are giving her chemo treatments for meningitis?
OMFG im here if ya wanna talk. your stronger then i would be seeing my kid sick like that! sending good vibes regardless!

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Thanks for the great vibes. She is definitely back to her old strong self. I give some credit to the chimo therapy but most credit I give to the acupuncture therapy. As far as her being able to walk normal again and even run all over the place again.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
My beautiful Dachshund is still alive and still strong as an lion. She's gonna make it all the way to next year and longer hopefully. And for that I could not ask for a better Christmas gift.

picture.php
:D

Latest posts

Latest posts