What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mauritius x Ethiopia limited edition

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi willydread,

Curious to know your opinion about the Mauritius x Ethiopian you harvested now after a bit of curing, and how does she compare with the other tropical sativas you have grown from us :)

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Hi willydread,

Curious to know your opinion about the Mauritius x Ethiopian you harvested now after a bit of curing, and how does she compare with the other tropical sativas you have grown from us :)

Hello to all! I very like it...
The flavor is exotic fruits and especially carrots, the effect is very particular, cheerful, happy, peaceful, very active but at the same time calm (not as an indica, it is difficult to explain, you are active but without haste), with psychedelic strokes. ..
I liked it very much, in moderate quantities it is ideal for working, but if you increase it is better to be free in nature...

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks willydread for the smoke report :)

Sounds like a really good tropical sativa smoke, i think this kind of effects are very much of your taste, mine too :D Enjoy with her!

Rajas

Hi Dubi,

In the description of Ethiopian Sativa (P3) it sais:
"This Ethiopian (P3) is an interesting sativa to develop sativa hybrids of huge vigor and yield, with clean and energetic effects. And to develop hybrids with the potential to have a significant THCV content."

What about THCV in this cross Mauritius x Ethiopian (P2)?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Rajas,

Unfortunately, we haven't had the chance yet to bring Mauritius x Ethiopian flowers to the lab for cannabinoid analysis.
We are also looking forward to learn more about the THCV content of Ethiopian and its hybrids. Thanks for asking.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Rajas,

I would classify pure Zamals as semi autoflowering rather than autoflowering.
You can keep clones of pure Zamals in a mother room for years, but not without trouble, as they will try to flower when feel rootbound, at this point you will need to take clones again of the tops and replace the old mother. 100 % autoflowering plants can not be kept in a mother room neither can be revegged.

Mauritius has the kind of octopus branching similar to Zamals, but Mauritius doesn't show semi autoflowering tendencies, at least this line.

Rajas

Hello to all! I very like it...
The flavor is exotic fruits and especially carrots, the effect is very particular, cheerful, happy, peaceful, very active but at the same time calm (not as an indica, it is difficult to explain, you are active but without haste), with psychedelic strokes. ..
I liked it very much, in moderate quantities it is ideal for working, but if you increase it is better to be free in nature...

Sounds very nice indeed. It may be due to its high THCV content which is definetly present in the Ethiopian side. The cannabinoid does reduce anxiety, calm tremors and blood sugar doesn't drop or may even be higher then before resulting in a calm feeling of energy. Just googled it but it is very promising cannabinoid and so is this strain. Love it!

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
I had this one confused with Ethiopia x Malawi last year which I grew out twice. This winter I do have a Mauritius x Ethiopia that just sprouted. Will see how it goes...

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks Rajas for your interest! :)

Please, keep us updated with the progress of your Mauritius x Ethiopia TexasTea! :yes:

Hi dubi, just stopping by with a random question.

I saw that you submitted a Mauritius sample to Phylos, and that they have assigned it as a relative to several haze hybrids, particularly A5 Haze.

Do you think it is likely that tropical african sativas similar to Mauritius were used in the original haze hybrids that Neville made? I have always seen haze lineage listed as primarily latin american and asian sativas, but that is just what I have read.

Just curious, thank you for preserving these awesome specimens :)

Podenco

Just my 2 cents. My M x E plants and the resulting dry buds look very similar to some plants I see in the Indian landrace exchange topic. And similar to some plants that people call "Kerala". A large part of the human population on Mauritius is of Indian origin, Hinduism is the most common religion. So I bet the Mauritius type is strongly related to tropical Indian grass.

P

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
I up potted to some soil that isn't so rich and she is doing better...well, hope it's a female but I think it probably is. Anyhow, I am surprised I have been able to keep her under control so far. Switched to 12/12 a couple of weeks ago.

Attachments

• photo2025908.jpg
    photo2025908.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 78
  • photo2025909.jpg
    photo2025909.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 79
  • photo2025910.jpg
    photo2025910.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 74

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
She is starting to get a faint but sweet perfume. Smells like light floral, maybe a bit of wildflowers. Flowers are getting sticky and filling out. She is just starting to drop some lower fans.
16197002929747695434201255486326.jpg