What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mauritius x Ethiopia limited edition

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
ELEGANT AND REFINED F1 HYBRID OF TROPICAL AFRICAN SATIVAS, WITH EUPHORIC AND PSYCHEDELIC EFFECTS WITHOUT CEILING

This 100% sativa F1 hybrid was created by crossing a rare and exotic sativa from Mauritius islands (with a certain kinship to the Zamal sativas from nearby Reunion Island) with our best second generation Ethiopian sativa parental plants.

The result is an extreme sativa hybrid, with a tropical, wild and untamed profile. Tall, thin and languid plants, with slender and flexible stems, growing with spectacular vigour and branching. Certain expressions (especially when growing large plants in the ground) can show the extreme tentacle-like lateral branchings that are so characteristic of the African sativas from these Indian Ocean islands.

The flowering phase begins slowly, although as it starts to mature this hybrid reveals all its true beauty and tropical sativa essence. The pistils are extremely long, thin and beautiful. The ovaries are of medium/small size, but compact and with a good production of large trichomes. The reflowerings take place very suddenly in the middle of the bloom phase (with the right conditions of heat and strong light intensity), creating large and long, spongy floral structures, with a very good flower to leaf ratio, forming obscene, spear-shaped final reflowerings which allow proper air movement between the floral clusters, making it practically immune to fungi like botrytis in high humidity or rainy conditions.

Sativa hybrid specially dedicated to the lovers of the most cerebral and euphoric pure tropical sativas without ceiling, and for outdoor cultivation in tropical or subtropical climates.

A standard (regular) limited edition, available while stock lasts.

AVAILABLE IN STANDARD FORMAT
F1 HYBRID
% SATIVA / INDICA: 100 % SATIVA
FLOWERING INDOORS: 13-16 WEEKS
FLOWERING OUTDOORS: NOVEMBER / EARLY DECEMBER
YIELD / M2: AVERAGE
RESISTANCE AGAINST SPIDER MITES: AVERAGE
RESISTANCE AGAINST MILDEW: HIGH
RESISTANCE AGAINST BOTRYTIS: VERY HIGH
RESISTANCE AGAINST WHITE FLY: AVERAGE -HIGH
RESISTANCE AGAINST COLD: AVERAGE
RESISTANCE AGAINST HEAT: VERY HIGH
LATITUDE: 0º-43º
THC: 8-13 %
CBD: Null
CBG: 0.5-0.7 %
Terpene profile: It has not yet been analyzed.

GENETICS: Pure sativa from Mauritius (P1) x best 2nd generation Ethiopian parental plants.
STRUCTURE: Tall, thin and lanky sativa, with slender and flexible stems, and a spectacular branching and vigour.
BOUQUET: Classic African sativa terpenes: earthy, woody and floral, hops, with spicy touches, citrus and lemon, with some phenotypes offering appealing lavender aromas.
HIGH: Cerebral effect with no ceiling, speedy, euphoric and trippy, physically energetic. Of moderate duration and with a very clean comedown.

CULTIVATION TIPS

Outdoors, it produces excellent results in tropical/subtropical climates, although it can also be grown with great success in warm coastal weathers with mild autumns (similar to the Mediterranean) until latitude 43º.

Indoors, it requires strong light intensity and enough space to develop properly.

We recommend low/moderate levels of nutrients (especially of nitrogen) for the whole cycle, and slightly higher amounts of PK at the peak of floral production in mid-flowering.

---------------------------------------

Special thanks to Terpene and other friends for helping us to test this new limited edition. You can get more info about the testig of this new limited edition at:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=316097&page=16

Attachments

• Mauritius x Ethiopian.jpg
    Mauritius x Ethiopian.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 158
  • DSCN3781.jpg
    DSCN3781.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 182
  • DSCN3788.jpg
    DSCN3788.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 185
  • DSCN3789.jpg
    DSCN3789.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 202
  • DSCN3783.jpg
    DSCN3783.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 185
  • DSCN3769.jpg
    DSCN3769.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 176
  • DSCN3792.jpg
    DSCN3792.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 191
Hi all,
just a quick look at 8 MxE and one Zamal Bliss. They're in 1 Liter Rootpouches and got germinated 4 weeks ago.
They're grown in a 60x60cm space with 100 watts of 6500k Cree COBs organically 12/12 from seed with 12 minutes of far red lights.

Attachments

• 17.02.2019 Alle.jpg
    17.02.2019 Alle.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 135
Nice looking start Sar..!

I was wondering if anyone had started a MxE grow yet, the description of effects has peaked my intrest..

About 2 Months later I'm down to 4 MxE females. 2 quick females, 1 slow female and 1 extreme slow variety called the Kraken ...

The last one switched to full flower mode this week after changing the light regiment to 11/13.

Attachments

• Alle zusammen untenrum 07.04..jpg
    Alle zusammen untenrum 07.04..jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 228
  • Alle zusammen 07.04..jpg
    Alle zusammen 07.04..jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 169
  • MxE die Krake 07.04..jpg
    MxE die Krake 07.04..jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 179

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Sarayidoja,

Props! :) You really have courage to grow this extreme tropical sativa hybrid in such small indoor space. Really big differences between the different phenotypes. The 2 earlier flowering females look like they are doing quite well under your growing conditions. The other taller females will be very long flowering and will need flowering photoperiods below 12/12 to flower properly. The 'Kraken' branching is a distinctive growing trait of the landrace sativas (Zamal and its relatives) coming from the islands in the southeast coast of the African continent.

How many weeks have they been flowering so far ? How are the aromas in most advanced females ? Thanks a lot for giving a try to this crazy sativa strain! :D

How many weeks have they been flowering so far ? How are the aromas in most advanced females ? Thanks a lot for giving a try to this crazy sativa strain! :D

Hi Dubi,
thanks for chiming in.
The faster females are in week 4 to 5 of flowering, while the first real pistils started showing up about 2 weeks earlier.
The stems smell of hops with hints of wood and some floral scents I can't describe. The flowers just smell like hops.
I'll report back in 4 months when they're done :D

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks Sarayidoja :) Eager to see your upcoming updates.
The hops aroma comes mainly from the ethiopian side of the cross.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Good luck with them willydread ;)

I think you will also enjoy with this one since you are a lover of pure sativas of this kind. Best wishes with your Mauritius x Ethiopian grow. :yes:

I just germinated some ethiopian x Mauritius seeds, I was impressed by how small these seeds are, the smallest I've ever seen, even much smaller than mangobiche!

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
This is a gorgeous looking plant with beautiful elegant leaves. I have one I just put outdoors for this summer and will try to snap some pics soon.

Thanks Sarayidoja Eager to see your upcoming updates.
The hops aroma comes mainly from the ethiopian side of the cross.

Hi Dubi,
Unfortunately I was on a unplanned Holliday for 10 days so I had to harvest everything early, since I didn't got someone trustworthy to water everything.
While the faster 2 Plants where ripe enough (80+% cloudy trichomes) the other 2 were not done.
The faster plants:

What I kept for "normal" curing:

Everything else got cob'ed

The dried flowers smell of wood and hops, with small hints earth and flowers. It's an energetic high, extremely clear headed with a 2 to 3 hour duration. There's not much heart racing even for this early a harvest.

I have 2 Zamal Bliss x (Mauritius x Ethiopian) in early flower, but both a probably male. They sprouted in the pot where the last Zamal Bliss was growing, so kept them in veg. Had to uppot them to a 14 Liter pot to get them over these 10 days ...

Attachments

• Number 2-1.jpg
    Number 2-1.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 162
  • Number 1-1.jpg
    Number 1-1.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 136
  • Mainbuds 1.jpg
    Mainbuds 1.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 150
  • Mainbuds 2.jpg
    Mainbuds 2.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 164
  • Verschnitt.jpg
    Verschnitt.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 155
One of our Mauritius x Ethiopia shows a much shorter growth structure than her four sisters which look very identical. Her leaf color is also a bit darker. She has been flowering for almost 3 weeks now:biggrin:

Attachments

• 20190626_203954.jpg
    20190626_203954.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 110
  • 20190626_203909.jpg
    20190626_203909.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 123

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Sarayidoja,

Congrats on your Mauritius x Ethiopian harvest :)
I think you are one of the very first persons to harvest and sample this new pure sativa tropical release.
Glad you find the smoke of this new sativa clear and energetic, should be a nice smoke to be uplifted during the hot summer days.

Enjoy it! ;)

Konasidegrower

This looks like an interesting cross, love the island flavor in there. Looking at maybe crossing this with some Punto Rojo for some jungle monsters here in Hawaii :) Like the PM and mold resistance too

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks willydread for your feedback :wave:

Glad you managed to finish Mauritius x Ethiopian at your climate, please let us know your opinion after curing, if she lasts enough! :D

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Thanks willydread for your feedback :wave:

Glad you managed to finish Mauritius x Ethiopian at your climate, please let us know your opinion after curing, if she lasts enough! :D

Yes, I was very surprised to see that it managed to finish, it has suffered a bit from the cold(although I have already done oldtimer haze, ot1haze x meao thai and Honduras), at the moment it has a marked scent of carrots, and vaguely some exotic fruit ....
Now a few months must pass and then I will tell you how it is ....

HillBillyAlien

Yes, I was very surprised to see that it managed to finish, it has suffered a bit from the cold(although I have already done oldtimer haze, ot1haze x meao thai and Honduras), at the moment it has a marked scent of carrots, and vaguely some exotic fruit ....

Have you done a sample of what the effects are like. Would love to hear more review of this one!

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran

jeez i want this one real bad

i fear my novice skills will not allow for me to do this one justice indoors

but the ethiopia and the mauritius both show terp profiles i like, and the energetic daytime strain highs are right up my alley... especially ceilingless and trippy...

actually this one and the zamal bliss both sound like true winners in my book.
thanks for sharing your grow!

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Never give up, I didn't say I was an expert, on the contrary, I put earth, water and seeds, nature does the rest ...
In indoor I wouldn't know where to start ....
You should to try... ;)