What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Green Honduras Haze limited edition

ghh(a) change litle color after pyretrin,its also more sensitive plant,(f) dosent suffer much at all,tent smell pine soap :) brobably i have wash the bud after harvest, just lukewarm water,dipping style?

The Hatter

Veteran
i start battle against spidermites first time ever,one fucker waved to me.

i start lower temp and spray pine wood oil soap,couple hours later spray again soap and give pyretrin dosage.i give one day off and do same again,
what do you guys/girls think,how many days i keep spray soap/water

Good luck. Those little bastards are tenacious. You might want to look into the heat tent method of wiping them out if your control methods don't pan out, but I must warn that if you aren't careful it can go terribly wrong or even burn your house down. Basically the method involves bringing the temperature in the grow room up to about 120 degrees for a short period of time. It will kill all the above ground insects in there and the plants should be alright if well watered and the space is humid. Sativas do better with this treatment than indicas.

Please do not attempt this without thoroughly reading up on it first. It's basically the same concept people use to wipe out bed bugs in infested houses. Regardless of the methods you try, I wish you the best of luck murdering those evil little things.

thanks yours advise,i have small amount population spidermites brobably long time,my grow space and tents is lots of spider and all kind bugs.they keep everything balance,i go and rise tent temp,then these fuckers get winning,my ghh a/f is now 9 weeks of flower,hope that treatmets inaf,when these ready,i clean tent and give good pyretrin tretment again.
that soap what i use is widely using used to kill bugs garden.its leave oily leaf surface

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Sorry to hear it shaman fin,

It's difficult to keep under control spider mites infections in flowering, especially with long flowering tropical sativas of this kind. I would not recommend you to spray your plants in flowering with pyretrin or with chemical pesticides. Take out the plants of the tent, clean in depth all the tools and growing space with bleach, and wash your plants with cold pressured water, especially on the underside of the main leaves to lower down the spider mite population. Then next spray with neem on the leaves trying to avoid spraying the flowers.

To be honest, there's not an organic definitive solution that will totally get rid off the spider mites in flowering, you will need to finish this cycle and clean properly all the pots, tools and the growing space before starting a new flowering cycle in the same place. It's much easier to eliminate the spider mites from the mother room by spraying in depth with chemical abamectins.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Did a nice smoking session with friends last Friday:

In the following order: C5 Haze from Yo Sammy (outdoors, half year curing)+Angola 2002 (indoor 4 months curing), Green Honduras Haze (outdoor, 1 year and half curing)+Soma Lavender (indoor, 3 months curing) and all of us got a very trippy effect at Green Honduras Haze+Lavender part of the session :D One friend fell down from the chair non stop laughing (not a light weight)

Montuno

...como el Son...
Sorry to hear it shaman fin,

It's difficult to keep under control spider mites infections in flowering, especially with long flowering tropical sativas of this kind. I would not recommend you to spray your plants in flowering with pyretrin or with chemical pesticides. Take out the plants of the tent, clean in depth all the tools and growing space with bleach, and wash your plants with cold pressured water, especially on the underside of the main leaves to lower down the spider mite population. Then next spray with neem on the leaves trying to avoid spraying the flowers.

To be honest, there's not an organic definitive solution that will totally get rid off the spider mites in flowering, you will need to finish this cycle and clean properly all the pots, tools and the growing space before starting a new flowering cycle in the same place. It's much easier to eliminate the spider mites from the mother room by spraying in depth with chemical abamectins.

Que tal regar con harina o torta de neem en polvo?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hola Montuno,

El uso de neem es útil para la araña como preventivo o para reducir poblaciones y mantenerlas a raya, pero dificilmente eliminará por completo la plaga de arañas.
Para ello tendrás que utilizar insecticidas químicos como las abamectinas, o más potentes si la población de araña tiene resistencia contra las abamectinas, lo que va siendo habitual en las plagas de araña hoy en día que se van pasando los cultivadores de interior al compartir clones.

Translation: The use of neem is useful against spider mites as a preventive or to reduce populations and keep them a bit more under control, but it will hardly eliminate the spider plague completely.

For that, you will need to use chemical insecticides such as abamectins, or more powerful ones if the spider population has resistance against abamectins, which is quite common nowadays in spider pests that indoor growers share with clones.

OfCourse

ICMag Donor
Hey Dubi

I have a Green Honduras Haze about 3-4 weeks into flower that spent some time in the corner of a greenhouse. Today I noticed it has adventitious roots growing out of the stock to about 6 inches above the soil.

Has this ever happened to you with this strain?

Today I noticed it has adventitious roots growing out of the stock to about 6 inches above the soil.

Had the same recently with a female mother plant of CBG Jarilla.... is it linked to air humidity?

It seems cuts of plants with this feature can root more easily...

OfCourse

ICMag Donor
Had the same recently with a female mother plant of CBG Jarilla.... is it linked to air humidity?

It seems cuts of plants with this feature can root more easily...

That's what I was wondering. It was definitely high humidity for the last few weeks in there.

It clones very easily. So does its sister Purple Honduras Haze, then again all of Aces gear roots easily...

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Of course! :) This is very typical with tropical sativas, they have an extremely vigorous root system, always trying to expand their roots, if you cover with soil those little roots from the stem, they will expand through the soil in a few days.

These tropical sativas are breeze to clone. Thank you very much for supporting both Honduras Haze limited editions ;)

Hey Dubi

I have a Green Honduras Haze about 3-4 weeks into flower that spent some time in the corner of a greenhouse. Today I noticed it has adventitious roots growing out of the stock to about 6 inches above the soil.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=84295&pictureid=2074650&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=84295&pictureid=2074649&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=84295&pictureid=2074648&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

OfCourse

ICMag Donor
10 days later and Pistil development is starting to pick up a little. There all almost enough for me to pick some seed sites. My Panama just showed sex and I got 1 male and 6 females. I think I'm going to pollinate this with Panama instead of Malawi Gold. It just feels right. I have enough GHH seeds to do a proper forward generation but don't have the room so it's just going to be fun crosses for now.

OfCourse

ICMag Donor
Thanks for the reply dubi! I am loving the way this cross is developing. One of its clones is about to join the flowering room next week.

It is ready enough for me to be pollinated. I don't want to divert too much energy to seed production but I still want to make a few. I think I'll do it the day after tomorrow when I dust Panama.

chusss

GREEN HAZE

GREEN HAZE

Hi everybody, im thinking about growing a couple of seeds of Green Haze soon, as i dont find any specific thread i ask here, any advise about the pot size if i have max height of 1.2m for keep it hidden, the height of the pot that i have is about 22cm and is 7L, im going to make apical prune twice to promove the side branching and get 4 main colas

for the soil my idea is a mix of peat, worm castings, perlite and coco coir, i dunno what proportion yet, probably will change it with trasplants to have a higher EC in the bloom

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi chusss,

Thanks for suporting our work. Green Haze is a pheno of Oldtimer's Haze so you can get lots of info about the line in the official Oldtimer's Haze thread:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=59801

As stated in the Growing Tips of the strain description, Oldtimer's Haze doesn't need high levels of nutrients to thrive so don't make the soil mix too hot.

If you post some pics of your Green Hazes in the Oldtimer's Haze thread then i will try to help you with any doubt you could have during their development.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
EDD7873C-1D53-47B3-9966-AE02B75B2DE9.jpeg
EDD7873C-1D53-47B3-9966-AE02B75B2DE9.jpeg
Echoing dubi, just let the GHH grow to her pleasure. I’m very thankful (dubi and Ace) to be able to grow these genetics in sunny Southern California. I’ve been unable to sex, but here’s the one I put in the citrus patch. I have another in need of up-pot.
Click image for larger version  Name:	EDD7873C-1D53-47B3-9966-AE02B75B2DE9.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	210.8 KB ID:	17898691
Click image for larger version  Name:	EDD7873C-1D53-47B3-9966-AE02B75B2DE9.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	210.8 KB ID:	17898691

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
So nice Ur Humbl Nr8tor ;) Since you liked a lot our old Haze x Thais, i'm sure you will also enjoy with this more recent Haze x HondurasI limited edition. Their finished product are very alike, sharing exactly the same Haze mothers, the tropical feeling and the euphoric, cerebral and ceiling-less pure sativa effects, although the Honduras crosses with Oldtimer's Haze are easier to grow, a bit faster flowering and much better yielding than the Thai crosses. Has the plant confirmed its gender?

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
So nice Ur Humbl Nr8tor ;) Since you liked a lot our old Haze x Thais, i'm sure you will also enjoy with this more recent Haze x HondurasI limited edition. Their finished product are very alike, sharing exactly the same Haze mothers, the tropical feeling and the euphoric, cerebral and ceiling-less pure sativa effects, although the Honduras crosses with Oldtimer's Haze are easier to grow, a bit faster flowering and much better yielding than the Thai crosses. Has the plant confirmed its gender?

Thanks so much, dubi. Looking forward to comparing them to the Haze x Thai. I have just a little bit of the well aged flowers from two seasons ago.

Click image for larger version  Name:	584A82AF-61CC-4007-BF36-296882DCCDC4.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	184.8 KB ID:	17912163

I’m 90+ % sure it’s a girl. I should be 100% confident in the next couple of weeks.

Click image for larger version  Name:	C9878645-F67B-46A2-ADDB-2EA5DC3F182B.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	212.1 KB ID:	17912164

The varmint in the yard chewed a lower branch off.

74407E87-44CF-4245-926E-0266A0E38F6B.jpeg

Hope my barrier will do the trick.

Attachments

• 629A85D9-EFD0-463A-8E10-F617AB2B31C3.jpeg
    629A85D9-EFD0-463A-8E10-F617AB2B31C3.jpeg
    202.2 KB · Views: 59

Latest posts

Latest posts