What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bangi Congo x Panama feminized limited edition

skoviik

hey guys,

here's a little update on the 4 outdoor girls. Pics taken today. They are filling up nicely, some buds are getting realy hard and almost gigantic, one plant (bgxpnm4)is quite whisky (?)...I thought it was just late flowering but could it be that the flowers have a more airy structure too?
Anyways...tomorrow will be a dry day, saturday afternoon should be rainy and the rains will stop on sunday. Then it should be more or less dry, with only a little if any rain. I wonder if the most mature plants are eligeble for harvest? What do you guys think, is it worth risking it and letting them all out or should I cut a couple tomorrow while they are still unsoaked and dry and leave only on or two of them?
cheers

Attachments

• bgxpnm1 (1).jpg
    bgxpnm1 (1).jpg
    7.2 MB · Views: 63
  • bgxpnm3 (2).jpg
    bgxpnm3 (2).jpg
    2 MB · Views: 63
  • bgxpnm3 (1).jpg
    bgxpnm3 (1).jpg
    7.6 MB · Views: 54
  • bgxpnm2 (4).jpg
    bgxpnm2 (4).jpg
    2 MB · Views: 62
  • bgxpnm2 (3).jpg
    bgxpnm2 (3).jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 53
  • bgxpnm2 (2).jpg
    bgxpnm2 (2).jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 56
  • bgxpnm2 (1).jpg
    bgxpnm2 (1).jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 54
  • bgxpnm1 (3).jpg
    bgxpnm1 (3).jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 57
  • bgxpnm1 (2).jpg
    bgxpnm1 (2).jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 64
  • bgxpnm3 (3).jpg
    bgxpnm3 (3).jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 62

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi skoviik if possible, i would let them continue flowering for a couple of weeks more, although if the forecast predicts several days of strong rains then consider to harvest earlier.

skoviik

Hi skoviik if possible, i would let them continue flowering for a couple of weeks more, although if the forecast predicts several days of strong rains then consider to harvest earlier.
thx dubi...
I checked the weather forecast again...tomorrow afternoon heavy rains, also rainstorms and showers, it will stop until sunday morning. It'll be mostly dry with little or no rain on sunday...I'll risk it since after this they predict dry weather again and the temperatures are also warm.

skoviik

hey guys,

rainy days here...inbetween showers there are dry spells but no sun, just clouds. From today afternoon and untill tuesday evening there are predicted showers, wednesday and thursday are supposed to be sunny but with morning fog. Temperattures are extremey warm for this time of year. 15 degrees C mornings and over 20 degrees C at day is definately too much. But i won't complain :) The girls are doing well, rain came in handy as they grew a little bit. They look quite healthy, fingers crossed they survive this next rain. Trichome heads are getting nicely foggy.

cheers

Attachments

• banngoxpnm (1).jpg
    banngoxpnm (1).jpg
    6.5 MB · Views: 61
  • banngoxpnm (2).jpg
    banngoxpnm (2).jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 63
  • banngoxpnm (3).jpg
    banngoxpnm (3).jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 58
  • banngoxpnm (4).jpg
    banngoxpnm (4).jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 57
  • banngoxpnm (5).jpg
    banngoxpnm (5).jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 49
  • banngoxpnm (6).jpg
    banngoxpnm (6).jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 54
  • banngoxpnm (7).jpg
    banngoxpnm (7).jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 60
  • banngoxpnm (9).jpg
    banngoxpnm (9).jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 65
  • banngoxpnm (10).jpg
    banngoxpnm (10).jpg
    2 MB · Views: 60
  • banngoxpnm (12).jpg
    banngoxpnm (12).jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 61

skoviik

hey guys,

so the weather is extremely warm for this time of year, sunny, the only thing is the morning fog and no wind. One plant , the most mature one, was starting to show mold so after a few days of removing buds from different places I decided to cut her. The buds were nicely filled, rock solid, calyxs were fuIl and almost no fresh pistils but no amber trichomes yet, only foggy and clear ones. I took some pictures but I'm not sure of which plant since my phone is half dead and works only on special days. Anyway, these are taken today and are bangi conogx panama for sure...I've left the other three standing, hoping for the best.
I would love to leave them for at least a week but I don't think it's possible.
cheers

Attachments

• 20221029_152237.jpg
    20221029_152237.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 49
  • 20221029_152241.jpg
    20221029_152241.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 54
  • 20221029_152252.jpg
    20221029_152252.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 55
  • 20221029_152312.jpg
    20221029_152312.jpg
    7.2 MB · Views: 50

skoviik

hey guys,

the girls they are a hangin'.

After a quick analysis of the situation and taking into account all the factors I have and have not influence on I've decided to take them down today. Allthough a bit early, I believe still late enough for a nice effect, and I also prefer taking them down after a longer dry and sunny spell than after a rainy day. Because of the long nights, windless days and strong morning dews after those rainy days botrytis has started ....but luckily not much, just a few spots, not even worth mentioning since they're taken down. Strong smelling plants but I can't define the smell...not of the fruity kind, would say more of the wood, incense kind...maybe carrots, who knows?
As for how late I planted them and how poorly I managed the soil this year I would say they are a very high yielding strain. It was a strange year, they started to flower late, as did all my other plants too, I wasn't expecting such a late harvest. Anyways, beautiful resinous plants, I can't wait to try them out :)
Here's a couple of pre-takedown pics.

Attachments

• banngopnm3KO (5).jpg
    banngopnm3KO (5).jpg
    7.1 MB · Views: 68
  • banngopnm3KO (3).jpg
    banngopnm3KO (3).jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 73
  • banngopnm3KO (2).jpg
    banngopnm3KO (2).jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 74
  • banngopnm1KO (7).jpg
    banngopnm1KO (7).jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 74
  • banngopnm1KO (4).jpg
    banngopnm1KO (4).jpg
    7.4 MB · Views: 73
  • banngopnm1KO (3).jpg
    banngopnm1KO (3).jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 64
  • banngo2KO (4).jpg
    banngo2KO (4).jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 62
  • banngo2KO (2).jpg
    banngo2KO (2).jpg
    2 MB · Views: 67
  • banngo2KO (1).jpg
    banngo2KO (1).jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 62

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Very happy for you to see a happy end with such resinous guerilla sativa plants in your climate ;)
They look ripe enough, and you know how guerrilla works .... better fully harvest earlier than nothing later.

Enjoy the fruits of your hard work skoviik !

skoviik

Very happy for you to see a happy end with such resinous guerilla sativa plants in your climate ;)
They look ripe enough, and you know how guerrilla works .... better fully harvest earlier than nothing later.

Enjoy the fruits of your hard work skoviik !

the fruits will definately be enjoyed to their fullest :D
I have always mixed emotions when harvesting. On one hand I'm extremely happy to make to the end without useless nonsense like thieves, rainy septembers etc. while on the other hand I'm sad to take down such beautiful plants. I could spend countless hours just sitting by them smelling the days away...

skoviik

Here are my 2 cents on bangicongo x panama, which I grew for the first time this year.

I had probems drying them a little cause we all got covid (all ok, not a bad one) and I had to take care for my wife and kids so I didn't have time for weed. At first they weren't drying then I ended overdrying them. I did lose a lot of my sense for smell for about 5 - 7 days. Annoyed the hell out of me cause I knew the buds smelled nice, but when I opened them and smelled them, I could feel the smell going through my brain but the software just didn't work to register the smell. Such a weird feeling - I could'nt smell weed not because of a stuffed nose like with a normal cold, but because the smell just couldn't be registered by the brain. Now that the sense for smell is back, life is easier. Food is again a pleasure and so is weed. So strange to smoke weed without smelling and tasting it - made me think how much of an important part smell and taste is besides the high.
I had four plants, I tried all of them but smoking regularly only two plants. Out of four plants three of them had a similar smell like panama, vanilla/incense, maybe a little bit minty, the fourth has some fruity tones to it, it's a little bit sweeter.

They don't hit after the first puff but they hit well before the joint is finished (I put cca 1g in a joint, no tobacco). They hit hard, no couchlock but more of a head stone with tickling/butterfly sensations in limbs and stomach. I like the high, it is strong and also long lasting. Would not recomend to smoke it before important meetings etc.

The vigour is ridiculous...on the 15th of july they were cca 10cm tall with just 2 pairs of real leaves when I planted them out in the field. All organic grow, just horse shit and water, nothing else. One plant had 250grams of (over)dry flowers. I think there are not a lot of strains out there that could produce more in such conditions in such a short time. Plants were very healthy. At the end of flowering spots of botrytis started because it was extremely wet and surprisingly windless. Just a lot of humidity in the air. I had problems drying it too, so I had to throw away of what would be cca 20 maybe 30grams of dry weed, which is silly, almost nothing.

All in all a lovely plant, with powerful buds and strong and longlasting high. I am glad that I have seeds for next year too :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi skoviik glad you and your family recovered well from covid and that you got your senses of smell and taste back :) Happy to hear you are starting to enjoy your Bangi Congo x Panama harvest, this hybrid has the Panama Goddess vigor and qualities in the terpenes and effects of the finished product, with the earliness and mold and pest resistance of the Bangi Congo mother, great sativa choice for outdoor growers around or slightly over 40º latitude.

dilettante

I harvested my Bangi Congo x Panama yesterday here at 50°N. Perfectly ripe. Just a little mold from the heavy rains last week.

Beautiful tight flowers. They reminded me of the pictures I have seen here on IC Mag of Panama, including the pink pistils.

The plant showed great vigor. Guerilla style with pelleted cow dung in forest soil.

It will yield better that Purple Satellite, Kali China and Violeta, maybe slightly less than NepJam x Kali China and on par with Bangi Haze but earlier.

Sorry, no pix taken this year. It was a great season weather wise and the plants are/were huge.

I have some seeds of (Bangi Congo x Panama) x Purple Satellite ripening.

It will be the 4th Bangi Congo x Panama that I get to taste and am looking forward to seeing how this one turned out. Last year I got a sample of gorgeous lemony balcony grown bud from a friend and it was super nice.

Last edited:

Greencedar

BCP just finishing up. She’s in a tent with some PBH and is shorter and getting less light (350 par) but doing well non the less. She’s also beside the heater. Very stable with less than ideal conditions. Smells are tropical bubble gum and a bit of incense. This is my second time growing this pheno. The high was very up trippy strong/long lasting when smoked the last plant that was harvested a bit early. I’m going to let this one ripen more and see how the effect differs. Very frosty pheno. There’s some pictures of her early growth stages in the group shots in the PBH thread.

This plant checks a lot of boxes. Great structure, loud terps, soaring sativa effects, fast to flower and finish.

I grew Ace’s standard Congo and prefer this hybrid for the reasons listed above. Congo had a very nice strawberry terpene and was very focused high. Good for day time but less “fun” than the BCP and the pheno I grew had a more wild sativa structure.

Attachments

• IMG_0379.jpeg
    IMG_0379.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0380.jpeg
    IMG_0380.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0382.jpeg
    IMG_0382.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0381.jpeg
    IMG_0381.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I harvested my Bangi Congo x Panama yesterday here at 50°N. Perfectly ripe. Just a little mold from the heavy rains last week.

Beautiful tight flowers. They reminded me of the pictures I have seen here on IC Mag of Panama, including the pink pistils.

The plant showed great vigor. Guerilla style with pelleted cow dung in forest soil.

It will yield better that Purple Satellite, Kali China and Violeta, maybe slightly less than NepJam x Kali China and on par with Bangi Haze but earlier.

Sorry, no pix taken this year. It was a great season weather wise and the plants are/were huge.

I have some seeds of (Bangi Congo x Panama) x Purple Satellite ripening.

It will be the 4th Bangi Congo x Panama that I get to taste and am looking forward to seeing how this one turned out. Last year I got a sample of gorgeous lemony balcony grown bud from a friend and it was super nice.

Thanks a lot @dilettante for your positive feedback on all the Bangi Congo x Panama you have grown!
Glad to know BC x P performed so well under your cold/wet climate where others did not and that the finished product of the hybrid is of your taste.

(Bangi Congo/Panama) x Purple Satellite should be a nice and funny cross with lots of colors, interesting terpenes, and potent, resistant early sativa profiles :yes:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for revisiting this old limited edition @Greencedar
A pleasure to meet your Bangi Congo x Panama selection for the second time.
Great growing skills this round to reach the potential of the strain: juicy, fatty, resinous buds everywhere :love:
Glad she chekes all the boxes for you ;) Wish you enjoy her for a longtime!

Greencedar

Thanks for revisiting this old limited edition @Greencedar
A pleasure to meet your Bangi Congo x Panama selection for the second time.
Great growing skills this round to reach the potential of the strain: juicy, fatty, resinous buds everywhere :love:
Glad she chekes all the boxes for you ;) Wish you enjoy her for a longtime!
Thanks Dubi! I forgot to mention that the buds are tight and have a ton of bag appeal. I don't worry too much about that but I know a lot of people do. Really impressive considering the sativa effect.

Greencedar

(Note: I rotated the pics/she's hanging upside down)

Here are some pics of my harvested BCP. She was flipped at 20" and finished around 33" grown in organic soil. She was light deprived and still managed to look this good. The first time I grew her she had good light and buds had less leafy buds (still a very good ratio to me). I figured I'd toss these pics up to show off her lovely structure and bud production. The first time I flowered her from seed her structure was near perfect but I'm happy with this gal considering my cloning abilities are still being worked on. I can see how this would be a treat to grow outdoors in warmer climates.

Attachments

• PC02.JPG
    PC02.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 35
  • PC03.JPG
    PC03.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 31