What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

?? Terpene Boosters -- Which One ??

brown_thumb

^^^ "Boned" in a good way or bad way?

I'm thinking of nipping the top buds and stripping all the leaves and buds from the stalks because they seem to be lollipopping. If I do that I might bury the stems all the way up to the uppermost leaves when I transplant them. Hopefully, the plants will reverse back into veg.

Picarus

This is why all the lavender farmers water their plants with pure linalool....you guys are on to something here...

electrolytes are what plants crave!

hyposomniac

^^^ "Boned" in a good way or bad way?

I'm thinking of nipping the top buds and stripping all the leaves and buds from the stalks because they seem to be lollipopping. If I do that I might bury the stems all the way up to the uppermost leaves when I transplant them. Hopefully, the plants will reverse back into veg.

Sorry for the lateness. The early flower and reveg was bad.. Killed yield.

Drewsif

The "sweeteners" are nonsense. Budcandy, Sweet, Floranectar, Sour Dee, etc. They are just contaminants. Youre right OP, they contain the "terps", and the bud is suppossed to soak it up. I dont know how it's not obvious, the later you use this crap the stronger the smell of the product. It all tastes horrible, coats your lungs in burnt sugars,and ruins the high. Budcandy isn't as bad as the rest, because it doesn't have as many ingredients I guess. You can line up buds by smell according to the "sweetener" used. Hell, you can group them by color, it changes the buds that much from what they should be . They are adulterants and dead weight additives, thats it. The target market doesn't even have microlife, so the "feeding the micros" argument is out.

Absolem

The "sweeteners" are nonsense. Budcandy, Sweet, Floranectar, Sour Dee, etc. They are just contaminants. Youre right OP, they contain the "terps", and the bud is suppossed to soak it up. I dont know how it's not obvious, the later you use this crap the stronger the smell of the product. It all tastes horrible, coats your lungs in burnt sugars,and ruins the high. Budcandy isn't as bad as the rest, because it doesn't have as many ingredients I guess. You can line up buds by smell according to the "sweetener" used. Hell, you can group them by color, it changes the buds that much from what they should be . They are adulterants and dead weight additives, thats it. The target market doesn't even have microlife, so the "feeding the micros" argument is out.

Very true. The color change in bud from these "sweeteners" is due to the dye's they use in their products.

These are a few of my replies on the topic in another thread.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=7955541#post7955541

Grapes have some of the same terpenes in them as cannabis. I'm quite sure a multi billion dollar industry like wine would have been dumping unused grapes on their vineyards years ago if it was found to add more "terpenes" to the wine. The wine industry has done extensive research on terpenes.
Too bad it wasn't as simple as loading apple orchard fields with unused oranges for a better flavor or vice versa.

Study on wine Terpenes
http://bib.irb.hr/datoteka/346817.1873-Radeka-12.pdf

No one was suggesting that. I used the wine industry as an example because they deal with some of the same terperens we do in cannabis. They have a lot to offer the cannabis industry in respect to terperne profiles and testing.

I would pay good money to see somebody from the cannabis industry take a bottle of "Terpinator" to a plant scientist working on a vineyard and try explaining to the plant scientist how this product will "increase" terperens in grapes for wine. They would laugh at us.

If people can see the commonalities we have with other growers outside of the cannabis community then we can learn from them as well.

brown_thumb

I'll use what little I have left and won't bother with it anymore. When I build a grow room I might supplement with UV though.

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
10k Kelvin

10k Kelvin

I'll use what little I have left and won't bother with it anymore. When I build a grow room I might supplement with UV though.

Do...I finish with 10k Kelvin UV-B MH lamps from Plantmax. This spec sheet on 3k, 7k & 10k MH lamps might be helpful. https://a89b8e4143ca50438f09-7c1706ba3fabeeda794725d88e4f5e57.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/spec_sheets/files/000/047/401/original/plantmax-px-mps60010k-specs.pdf?1482944613

BTW, 1000bulbs.com is my source for lamps...real affordable and excellent customer service.

thedudefresco

As an organic gardener who had lots of success with veggies pre ganja, I've never had much of a reason to delve into the world of liquid nutrients until now.

This year I'm experimenting with containers and synthetic nutrients as a supplement to my normal soil. I'm amazed by what I have found online. The types of products. I have two products in particular I'm wanting to know about.

Signal Terpene Enhancer by TPS Nutrients
https://www.tpsnutrients.com/product/signal/

From Amazon:

TPS doesn't add any PGRs to Signal. Instead we extract 17 specific plants for amino acids, plant hormones, and other phenolic compounds. Part of the intended function of these extracts is to promote your plants to produce their own growth regulators naturally.

"This is a great question, in order to use Signal to it's best extent we recommend using it with every watering from mid to late bloom.
Signal is a very targeted product, not only does it harden and bulk up buds, but it also has a highly specific terpene enhancing pathway. I'm going to dive a little deep into the science, so sorry in advance for this lengthy explanation!
In early to mid bloom your buds are building these big watery terpenes call Mono-Terpenes (example Myrcene, Pinene, Limonene, etc). The True product called 'Bloom' was built to help plants quickly accumulate these big Mono-Terpenes in early to mid bloom. But then sometime around week 4 or 5 in bloom your plants start to break down the big watery Mono-Terpenes and they turn into Sesquiterpenes - these smaller terpenes are what makes your particular strain really stand out and have a unique aroma and flavor. One of Signal's main functions was to guide the plant to break down these Mono-Terpenes into more and more smaller aromatic Sesquiterpenes.
To circle back on your question, the reason it's important to keep feeding Signal every watering is that you want to keep sending the same message to the plant through late bloom, and that message is "keep building flower and keep breaking down mono-terpenes"

Sweet Carbo by Botanicare https://www.botanicare.com/products/sweet/

What is you guys' take on these 2 products? I'm more curious about Signal. Sweet Carbo seems a bit like cheating to me.