What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lost my vertginity, now straight to bondage

smilley

Veteran
Terrific show your putting on man. :) I reread your thead and maybe I was stoned and missed it but is that a 600 or 1000 that you're illuminating the flowering room with?

I've been studying your wifi pics and I now believe that the leaf curl we were discussing earlier is genetic and not environmental. I have a pheno similar to your #2 and in the end the curl was a non-issue other than maybe asthetics and the plant tended to grow out of it as it matured. I'm not certain, but I think that trait may come from The White, while the ones that reach upward are resembling the Fire OG.

The screens are awesome dude. They'll definitely beef up the yield. The trade off is mobility. Harvest coming up, get ready..... :woohoo:

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
The screens are awesome dude. They'll definitely beef up the yield. The trade off is mobility.

I have similar screens in my room and they can be moved in and out of the room if you want too. Makes it easy to run strains with different harvests dates. Just pull it out of the room and leave the longer flowering to finish in the room.

Looking good bmac.

Bmac1

Veteran
The 2 screens in the back are just on the ground but still can be moved if needed. The front 2 screens I have on plastic casters so they wheel in and out of the way with ease.

THanks for popping by folks and smilley, it is a 600W.

Bmac1

Veteran
The curl is almost entirely on the SLH. I am using lucas formula and thought that was a bit too much even but soon as I put a bucket of water instead of nutes in it, it started to yellow very quickly. I think it may be genetic or a response to the vertical bulb but either way, she starting packing on weight once I kept the feed coming.

Bmac1

Veteran
So these pics are from day 56. I have started to flush with just water and carbs and will do so for about 10-14 days. I looked at the trichs and WiFi#2 is cloudy and just starting to get some amber. WiFi#1 is mainly cloudy with a slight bit of clear heads still and surprisingly, the SLH while still throwing white pistils is pretty well all cloudy and maybe 5% amber. I would like to get the SLH to 12 weeks but I cant at the moment as I need to dry in the tent.

WiFi#1

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks great in here B
That wifi looks delicious. Congrats.

Don't be afraid to over veg next time. Veg'n too long, is usually just enough.

Bmac1

Veteran
Thanks guys. I do know I will do some things differently next time. I basically just used the screen to hold branches to where next time, I Will do more training to get hopefully 2 nice rows of colas and a little less messy. I may have to do a run of just the SLH because I really want to see what she can do in 12 weeks.

D

DHF

The 1 thing I`ve noticed about all the vscrogs and donut grows I`ve seen here and other places , is that pinning them bitches back to the wall/mesh too soon retards stretch to an extent and keeps the plants from filling in that perfect sideways canopy/wall of weed , so that`s something to think about as well Bro....

Maybe that`s what Marlo`s getting at bout veggin longer..dunno...now....

You`d prefer to monocrop the Haze plant next run over the wifi ?....wow....That`s a first...

Everyone I know with the wifi wants a full crop of her by herself , but they always end up runnin other shit too....buncha strainwhores....LOL....anyways...

Good luck...DHF....:ying:....

Bmac1

Veteran
Dont get me wrong, its only because after this comes down, I Will have a nice little WiFi stock pile and mums of each, lol. She isnt going anywhere as long as I can help it. She is definitely my #1 bitch, lol. I just like the SLH as a nice day time weed and I have had trouble with it and feel obliged to try to better dial it in. Its a pain in the ass if every plant needs a different feed mixed so plunking 4 of them in the screens would be nice but with what I have in the veg tent, I think that project will be pushed to the back for a while yet.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
If you over veg you will get stiffer stems that are more developed. This will alow you to let them grow toward the light more like this here.

picture.php

Here is another picture looking up toward the light. Keep in mind that my screens are about 22 inches away from the light.

picture.php

If you run a stacked light set up even thought the buds grow toward the light you will not get the major shading you get from using just a single bulb. The crossing pattern of light will cross and illuminate the buds farther back toward the screen.

When I ran just a single 1k buld I averaged between 22-26 ounces per set up. When I switched to a 1k over a 600 my yields went up to 60-64 ounces per set up. That is quite a jump in yield for just a 600 watt bulb increase.

If you over veg your plants you can get more of the thicker branches which will support themselves better leaning out toward the bulbs. Not only that but your buds will be the bigger buds that are of better quality.

With more developed plants you can pick and choose the best branches to tie to your screens. If you take out some of the smaller branches toward the bottom of the plant these larger branches can be bent down toward the no empty lower part of the plant.

Like I said above if you let them lean out your yield will go up significantly with another bulb. I have done many many plants over the last three years tied to screens and this is what had the biggest impact on this stlye of grow. I started out tieing every thing tight to the screen to form a flat grow and now just let them grow out toward the light.

Bmac1

Veteran
Thanks Ichabod, the pics definitely help the visual. Those are some full screens for sure. I have 1 600W right now and love the idea of stacked bulbs but I think the most I could do would be maybe a 400W under the 600W. I cant fuck with electricity and even the 600W was hell for temps in the summer, I had to get a portable AC. I am noticing now that some of the branches have started to flop over on me so the stronger stems sounds nice.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Not all strains are suited for leaning toward the light. Sativas tend to have more fleaxable stems and can not lean out as far. I also run some strains that are more geotropic then phototropic and will not lean toward the light hardly at all. Sweet tooth is like that.

If you have floppy stems just tie them back to the screen and only let them lean out just what they can support them selves. If you want you can tie them back to the screen while still letting them lean out. You can do this with pipe cleaners like Marlo uses. That way you can still move the screens when you need to.

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great advice your getting bro.

It definitely leaves you with alot more work, but imo it's worth it.

:tiphat:

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I have 1 600W right now and love the idea of stacked bulbs but I think the most I could do would be maybe a 400W under the 600W.. I am noticing now that some of the branches have started to flop over on me so the stronger stems sounds nice.

Here is a better picture of how much some stems will lean out.

picture.php

That stem leans out the length of two and a half quart bottles. Some times they will get heavy and i will have to pin them back to the screen. The next picture shows one that I had to do this to. If you look the lower clip was what was holding it in place then I put another one a little higher on the stem. This is what you will need to do with your floppy stems. Just tie them to the screen a little higher.

picture.php

The next two pictures show the crossing light patterns that you get with double lights. If you look at the first one you can see that the braches are about 15 inches deep. If you look at the end of the tape you can see a bud that is getting light from the lower light but is shaded from the upper light. The second picture shows the shadows on the leafs in the front but the light hitting the buds in the back. Double lights work great if you can get them into your grow.

picture.php

picture.php

The last picture shows how I can bend a stem around to get it to a bare spot on the lower part of the plant that had weak branches. If you look in the center you can see two clips holding the branch in place then down lower a third clip. This is a main stem branch that is nearly as big as the main stem it self. Follow it back to the left and you will see where it joins the main stem. I think this branch will be about two ounces itself. These are the large buds that come from main branches and not the smaller buds you get from lower smaller branches.

picture.php

Hope this helps some.

Bmac1

Veteran
Its a great help and much appreciated. I let the plants go and just kept pinching the tops to get it to bush out. Then I just used the clips to basically hold the plant against the screen. Next time I will do more training towards a fuller screen.

These ones will be coming down in a matter of a couple days. I will get one more round of pics and then the slaughter.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I don't usually pinch my plants. Just let them grow. The pinching gets them to bushy for me. I move the light to get them to the shape I want them.

I start with the light up high if i want them to stretch more. If the plant is a real stretcher I will place the light below the top to cause it to fill in. I will do this as well if I have over stretched the plant. Takes som practise to get right but alot less work in the long run.