What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lost my vertginity, now straight to bondage

Bmac1

Veteran
Hey folks :tiphat:

My last grow was my first go round with a vertical bulb and a donut. It did ok but it was my first grow in a while and I had more issues than I ever did in the past.

That being said, I did get to the finish line and got some great bud, just not as much as I had hoped to get.

I am on a mother hunt, looking for 2-3 keepers. I always prefer less but bigger plants but thats not conducive to a pheno hunt. My last run was Raskals WiFi, SLH, Chocolope and GHS Cheese.

I kept both Wifi phenos and 2 SLH phenos. Right now while waiting on some other seedlings, I decided to do a vscrog with 3 WiFi and a SLH.

I skipped all the fluff and we jump straight to about 2-2.5 weeks flower.

I am using the pvc and netting scrog method with inspiration coming from a few threads that I saw here from KitKat, itchabod crane and marlo.

Its my first scrog so I probably didnt get it exactly how it should be but its all about learning right.

They are in 7gal pots under a 600W in a 5x5 tent. I am using mild nute mix of GH Flora (semi Lucas formula), calmag, bio root and pro-silicate.

The goal here is for 4 zips per plant.

now for some pics.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Bmac1

Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I am having trouble watering to runoff as the pots are pretty big and being they are all ties down, I cant exactly lift the pots to drain the saucers.

I think this is causing a bit of nute buildup that is giving me some minor leaf curl on the WiFi but a bit worse on the SLH.

From the seed run, the WiFi went 10 weeks and this SLH pheno was about 12. It would be nice to knock a bit of time off them this go round but it is what it is. The SLH hates nutes and the Wifi loves them so its a bit of a guessing game at the moment.

I am thinking that I should just give plain water every 3rd or 4th feeding to prevent buildup.

I am growing in promix HP just for the record.

frankenstein2

Astronaut Status
Veteran
Looking nice!! I love SLH. First strain I tried that actually tasted like the name. Mine is ready at eight weeks most of the time, sometimes nine. I have taken a plant or two to ten weeks also. I run it both hydro and dirt, and I think it always comes out better in dirt. Definetly a great plant for vert.

Bmac1

Veteran
I have a 9 week pheno leaning heavy on the lemon skunk side and then this 12 weeker that is much more on the SSH side. It has a very peppery/spicy smell throughout but after a nice cure it does have a bit of a lemon twang too it too. I am thinking the terpenes will develop better at 12 weeks as I cut the last run at 10 weeks.

smilley

Veteran
Nice set up dude. :) I'm looking forward to seeing some phat juicy buds.

Hey, you could suck the runoff out of the saucers with a large syringe or a vacuum pump if you've got one.

Bmac1

Veteran
I do have a large syringe that I use when I do get run off. Last night I gave 2 of them just plain water and Im going to try that every 3-4 feedings to see if it helps.

I gave a good trim on the bottom but I still need to trim more up top as its getting ab it crowded with feeder branches. I dont want to hurt my yeild but I dont want a mess either.

Live and learn. Im sure future scrogs will improve my technique.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I am having trouble watering to runoff as the pots are pretty big and being they are all ties down, I cant exactly lift the pots to drain the saucers.

Put about 1 inch of NAPA floor dry on the top of your pots. It will turn tan when wet and white when dry. That way you can tell if the pots are wet or not. The roots love the floor dry. Don't use another floor dry as they are not all the same stuff.

I have never grown in promix so can't give any help with that. I run coco and it is super easy to use. At least for me. I run a 5 gal bag of coco and can get a pound plant in it. It has to be watered every day though or you risk loosing the plant.

Bmac1

Veteran
I have a soil moisture meter that I use to tell when the pots are dry. IT seems to work fairly well, I just concerned with salt build up being that I am not getting a lot of runoff if any at all.

Mister_D

Veteran
You don't need run off in promix, it's designed around having a wet dry cycle. If you are seeing signs of overfeeding you either need to back off on the nutes, or like you thought give plain ph'd water every third or forth feeding. Looks like you're on your way though :good: Subbed

Bmac1

Veteran
Here are some more pics from day 25 of 12/12. I am still working on thinning out the sucker branches and trimming big fans that block bud sites etc.

The SLH does not like nutes at all. Right now I am going feed, water, feed, water etc. and it is still curling leaves. This is with a mild lucas formula with no grow.

They are looking nice and happy otherwise. I love the Wifi, lol.

Group shot

picture.php

WiFi

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Bmac1

Veteran
SLH#4 - she takes a bit longer than the WiFi so nothing special looking yet. Very light feeder.

picture.php

picture.php

smilley

Veteran
Damnnnn, your plants look great man. :) I'm likin the SLH#4 a lot. She has that nasty, stretchy sativa look going on. 12 weeks must wreak havoc with your crop timings, no? I guess with the screens, you can run perpetual though. Your wifi's are a week behind mine, do you let them go a full 70 days or do you take em a little earlier? Props dude, you got it going on............. :woohoo:

Bmac1

Veteran
Thanks smilley. Last time, they went the full 70 days. If they take that long again, Im fine with that. Having one plant going for an extra 2 weeks is a bit of a pain in the arse, lol. Last time I cut the SLH at 10 weeks too and it is great smoke but it could have used another 2 weeks.

2 Legal Co

Veteran
For the run off?

Grab a wet vacuum, a small one 2-3 gallons is best unless you have a floor drain u can roll it to.

O

otis33

screens are lookin great! you shouldn't have a problem hitting some decent numbers with those screens and the wifi; it's my main girl right now... she doesn't look too be a great yielder.com but my pheno has super dense rock hard nuggets that weigh heavy. I recently got just over 500g from a six hundred watter with a simple 6 plant donut in a small tent. I'm about to monocrop my donut screens with her and am confident I can get close to agpw. I'll be lurking. y you should invest in a shop vac to suck the excess juice from the drip trays.

Bmac1

Veteran
Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it. The wet shop vac is a great idea. My WiFi, both phenos, were my best yielders of my last crop. Very dense and heavy nugs. I still have some dialing to go but both phenos are stars, very similar and I will hopefully be able to narrow it down to one after this go round.

500+ g off a 600W is pretty nice man. I am hoping to get 4oz per but I think with the screens, I could do a good bit more.