What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jacks Professional

epicseeds

Anybody have experience with their Hydro-Feed line?

I just ran out and read a post somewhere that said JRPeters was recommending it over their 2 part stuff. I'm growing in coco.

Jacks Hydro Herb FEed (16-4-17) [4-1-4] {76%}*
http://www.jrpeters.com/Products/Jac...Herb-FeED.html

I considered it but you have more flexibility with the 2 part solution because you can decrease your Ca and N towards the end of flower, unlike Hydro-Feed

Hydro-Feed would prob be a great easy 1 part solution for your veg room though.

funkycheesywhit

I have been using Tasty Garden Professional Cannabis fertilizers and their vegetative and blooming nutrients have calcium and magnesium already added. Super easy to use and the taste and quality of my harvests are outstanding - leaps and bounds better than other nutrients I have used over the years - including many of the popular organic products out there.

Ymir

I have been using Tasty Garden Professional Cannabis fertilizers and their vegetative and blooming nutrients have calcium and magnesium already added. Super easy to use and the taste and quality of my harvests are outstanding - leaps and bounds better than other nutrients I have used over the years - including many of the popular organic products out there.

I wonder what company YOU work for! I am curious about their use of Calcium Oxide and Magnesium Oxide. It's the first time I've seen that.

Avenger

Veteran
I am curious about their use of Calcium Oxide and Magnesium Oxide. It's the first time I've seen that.

it is just the way the laws in europe say to list them on the label, kinda like in the USA we use K2O (potassium oxide) and P2O5(phosphorus pentoxide) on our fertilizer grade labels.

humble1

crazaer at overgrow 2.0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am surprised no one has mentioned the 3-2-1 ratio formula yet, at least not explicitly.
Jacks Hydro - 3 parts; CalNit - 2 parts; epsom salt - 1 part; optional fulvic at ~.8gram/5gals.
Check out greengenes garden on you tube for a break down.

Ymir

it is just the way the laws in europe say to list them on the label, kinda like in the USA we use K2O (potassium oxide) and P2O5(phosphorus pentoxide) on our fertilizer grade labels.

Could you elaborate on that please? I'm not aware of Calcium/Magnesium Oxides having another name. The only forms of magnesium and calcium I've seen that can be put together are nitrates.

funkycheesywhit

I wonder what company YOU work for! I am curious about their use of Calcium Oxide and Magnesium Oxide. It's the first time I've seen that.

I do not work for any particular nutrient company. I am just mentioning that I was introduced to a fertilizer product that works great for me. Perhaps some forum members might be interested in hearing about other peoples experiences with other products. I am no fertilizer or cannabis expert, just a gardening enthusiast - growing several small crops a year - and always willing to try new products. I garden for fun and if I find a product that produces better results, is low maintenance, easy to use and saves me money, why not share this info - is that not one of the ideas behind user forums?

As far as your curiousity about TG using Calcium Oxide and Magnesium Oxide, I cannot answer - like I said I am no expert just a gardening enthusiast. All I can know is that for me Tasty Garden fertilzer dissolves completely & quickly in lukewarm water, the pH remains very stable, EC values are low and since switching I rarely have a calcium or magnesium deficiency.

Avenger

Veteran
Could you elaborate on that please? I'm not aware of Calcium/Magnesium Oxides having another name. The only forms of magnesium and calcium I've seen that can be put together are nitrates.

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/En/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:02003R2003-20130607&rid=2

for example the guaranteed analysis for magnesium nitrate soluble salt on an EC (european community) fertilizer label reads as :

Nitrate-nitrogen (N-NO3) 11.0%
Magnesium oxide (MgO) 16.0%
Magnesium (Mg) 9.6%

The fact that they quantify the magnesium content by listing it as an equivalent weight of magnesium oxide, does not mean the fertilizer is derived from magnesium oxide. It is just the 'Standard' reporting format required by the regulators.

see also the AAPFCO Label guidelines for fertilizer product labels in the USA.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
This plant, along with all my others has been getting Jack's Blossom Booster 10-30-20 since it was a big enough seedling to feed. All thru the veg cycle and all thru the flower cycle.

picture.php

picture.php

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sounds like more Hocus Pocus, voodoo & snake oil.

Not cannabis specific get Fcuked. Sounds like bullshit to me, I can smell it too.

What are the dilution ratio's i'm interested, for growing salad :)

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I don't know if your talking to me or not, Mate Dave. But my albums speak for themselves. Still using Jack's Bloom Booster 10-30-20 @ 1/4 teaspoon every watering. On cultivars I know can handle the extra nutrients, I use Happy Frog Fruit and Flower dry amendment at 1/2 the mfg. suggested application rate mixed into the soil.

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm hoping that in the USA they can now grow a 'Standard' with all the base ferts & produce lab analysis for the differing Chemicles that are used in cannabis cultivation so the end user & grower know what they're buying.

i'mn ot saying you don't know what your doing far from it. Just highlighting that there are cannabis specific brands of fertigation, tose with the high dilution rates & a complete feed usually the best but in the new age of ferts & PGR's & hormones there are some technological breakthroughs with plant science that are found in the better stuff.

Ymir

Your soil and whatever additives clearly have plenty of Nitrogen...your plants look TOO green if anything, sign of N toxicity. If you went with peat or something like that you'd have issues.

I'm not sure why somebody is knocking Jacks cuz it doesn't have PGR's in it though, the jury is still out on whether it's even ethical to be putting them into plants being consumed in one way or another. There is only 1 approved for use in vegetables so far from what I've read.

This forum and others are filled with people using Jacks products with great results, especially the 5-12-26 Hydro and Calcium Nitrate. Unless you go with the cheaper Peters version which probably isn't as clean, it's the cheapest reliable way to get a full nutrient profile. If you really want to add PGRs you can still do that... you could use some kelp/seawead fulvic/humic acids during Veg and use a little less calcium nitrate as those generally have nitrogen in them. I find that while cal-nit is great during flower it can sometimes make plants too green (much like the OP's plants if you ask me) if you're feeding it full strength throughout.

X

xavier7995

I will take the word of companies producing agricultural products over those that make cannabis specific any day of the week. Only one of those groups is notorious for snake oil hocus pocus products.

Your soil and whatever additives clearly have plenty of Nitrogen...your plants look TOO green if anything, sign of N toxicity. If you went with peat or something like that you'd have issues.

I'm not sure why somebody is knocking Jacks cuz it doesn't have PGR's in it though, the jury is still out on whether it's even ethical to be putting them into plants being consumed in one way or another. There is only 1 approved for use in vegetables so far from what I've read.

This forum and others are filled with people using Jacks products with great results, especially the 5-12-26 Hydro and Calcium Nitrate. Unless you go with the cheaper Peters version which probably isn't as clean, it's the cheapest reliable way to get a full nutrient profile. If you really want to add PGRs you can still do that... you could use some kelp/seawead fulvic/humic acids during Veg and use a little less calcium nitrate as those generally have nitrogen in them. I find that while cal-nit is great during flower it can sometimes make plants too green (much like the OP's plants if you ask me) if you're feeding it full strength throughout.

Yir the color of leaf being super green is the cell density witch i'm pretty sure only has variant of about 5% witch covers normal light green to super dark almost black. DoubleTripleOG emerald green leafs do not mean N toxicity.

Don't assume a fertilizer is cleaner because your the price big mistake for your wallet. Here is the Guaranteed Analysis of both Peters pro 5-11-26 & Jacks hydro 5-12-26.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Peters Pro 5-11-26.jpg
    Peters Pro 5-11-26.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 35
  • Jack's Hydro 5-12-26.jpg
    Jack's Hydro 5-12-26.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 27

Ymir

Yir the color of leaf being super green is the cell density witch i'm pretty sure only has variant of about 5% witch covers normal light green to super dark almost black. DoubleTripleOG emerald green leafs do not mean N toxicity.

Don't assume a fertilizer is cleaner because your the price big mistake for your wallet. Here is the Guaranteed Analysis of both Peters pro 5-11-26 & Jacks hydro 5-12-26.
View Image View Image

You may be right, I'm too busy to look into it more at the moment but I can tell you that the image you posted shows double the magnesium than what is actually on the product's label for Peters so already that's not accurate.

The magnesium level is not double on Guaranteed Analysis every thing is 1:1 same goes for Jacks Hydroponic.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Peters Pro 5-11-26 Analysis.jpg
    Peters Pro 5-11-26 Analysis.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 28