What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Under Self LEDs for Cloning - Recommendations?

Fixer

My wire shelves are 18" x 48". I'll like to hang one LED below each of two of the selves. Has anyone had experience doing this? I only need enough wattage to grow clones. Keeping the heat down is important. Thanks in advance!

unnamedmike

Check out this if you dont know yet. Cheaps and efficients. digikey com/en/products/detail/bridgelux/BXEB-L0560Z-35E2000-C-B3/7907663

Fixer

Thanks Mike, I'm fascinated by all of the DIY LEDs but I don't have the bandwidth to build my own. There aren't enough hours in my day but I do appreciate the tip!
tiphat.gif

Mattbho

There was a guy that had a thread using cheap led strips . I remember he was a boater.

im pretty sure not much wiring is involved 1 negative 1 positive from the driver ce la vie

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
The 18" and shelves suggests two rows of lighting, as you may not have the height for a single lamp to spread evenly over the 18. Anything from 5 to 10 watts per prop tray is ample.

I would look at the fittings designed to go under cupboards for worktop lighting. Easy to cabletie in place and have plugs&sockets for linking them. However.. Will they get wet from above? You might be better with some ikea kit that's led sticky tape, with a low voltage psu connection at one end. Just like modern day Christmas lights but the tape won't have the leds pointing in all directions like tree light strings do.

Latest posts

Latest posts