What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

-26F or -31C here tonight, how cold is it by you?

catcherintheye

we had a nice week of 80F tapering off to the mid seventies to high 60s next week. looks like its getting chilly again, better wear a long sleeve.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

here comes the tough stuff, by Friday we'll have -29F before windchill factoring. I'm finally going to have to break out my big leather jacket with room for a sweater under, this is too much for my thick skin anymore.

E

el dub

I have yet to bust out the winter gear, either. We've been running between 0*F and about 15* most of the month. Nothing to write home about yet, imo.

lw

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
haha, felt asleep on the sofa this afternoon and dreamt I was waking up and see that it had snowed while I was asleep. i was super happy, but also thought "damn, I wrote on Icmag that winter was over, but it's all wrong, gotta modify my post !"
And then I woke up, no snow of course... moan...

Irie !

B

BOSCO

-6c here tonight...I may go and sit under the hps for a while and think of spring :dance013:

AbbieDoobie

We're expecting fukkin' snow AGAIN tonight and tomorrow with lows reaching 19. My little space heater in the tent will be running overtime with the light off... AGAIN!! ARGH!!!!! :wallbash:

~Abbie :joint:

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
and I'm sitt'in @ anice warm and balmy..........30F deg...........
BUT...........hvy snow coming today..............:tiphat:

blessedBE................mothernature.

Lain

From *****, ************, Canada

Temperature: -25.3°C
Wind Chill: -39.5
Wind: S 24 gust 36 km/h
Humidity: 100 %

-_- just gunna keep blazin near my candle tonight pz...

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

it took 4 hours to start my car after last nights cold, I must've had water/ice in the lines as I'd forgotten to put a jug of 'DryGas' in the tank which was also low on fuel.

so much for being prepared for the cold spell.......

EDIT:
-20F right now

ddrew

Veteran
I'm not quite as far north as you SFL, but we did get down to -19 the other night, and pretty much hovered around zero all day yesterday.
I have a garage so it doesn't really affect my car, but my little dog has to be bundled up before going out, including boots that are a huge PITA to get on him, but if he doesn't wear them his paws freeze in about 3-5 minutes.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

we had 35 above the other day but it was snowing like a bastard w/the wind blowing hard too, didn't feel like the heatwave that it could have had the sun been shining bright on a calm day.......

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

so there I am toolin' along @ 55-60mph on some fresh slick snow, not smart but then again I haven't put myself in the ditch in over 22 years and this is the way I drive up here. I'm headed downhill when my front right tire gets caught up in a rut, I decide to correct instead of riding it out and suddenly I've got my Explorer turned sideways at highway speeds. The ditch on the right is a soft 50 foot drop to the bottom & the left ditch is the continuation of the hill going uphill.

I have 2 cars coming at me and zero chance of pulling out of the slide before we meet for impact so I let the truck go left and go sliding rear end first into that ditch @ an easy 50mph which usually means your chassis is resting on too much snow (referred to as being 'high centered' up here) and a tow truck needs to pull you out.

Now I'm facing uphill engine running and still in 4 wheel drive, I give it some gas and come shooting out of that ditch like it was a plowed driveway.

what a stroke of luck, cost me all of about 30 seconds to turn around and get on my way.......