What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Effects if cannabis on cardiac stress tests

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I need to get a stress test tomorrow as part of a pre-op thing because I had had open heart surgery 10+ years ago. They will not perform surgery on my colon/intestines unless I furnish them with a cardiac clearance. I've never done this before and I can understand their desire to protect themselves from lawsuits but how far will they go?

MY ekg came up showing no big deal. Possible heart attack from 20 years ago Open heart bypass surgery 15 years ago. But no real concerns in the ekd for that long. But I smoke weed and wondered what happens tomorrow if I was doing a few bowls in the morning, say 10:30AM and show up for the stress test at 2PM

sorry for the double post

Please weigh in on this, thank you in advance

Amynamous

In some people, MJ can have a vaso- dilatory effect, and even lead to temporary orthostatic hypotension in some people. Do NOT smoke, vape, or consume before you go. It may change the result of the test.

WelderDan

Veteran
Don't smoke before going to the test - A few tokes of weed will push up my BP 10 points for an hour or so. I'd say be safe, take your last tokes before midnight. Smoke all you want after the test

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

show up in a condition of comfort & ability, with whatever your toke session gets you there.......

EDIT:
If you're going to live your life getting stoned then show up that way, anything else is a lie. I show up @ all of my appts pretty well buzzed. About to go to the optometrist, stoned, just like my eyes would be 80% of my waking moments.

Last edited: