What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New grower/what set up to run

Artnerd1990

Hey, I'm new to the whole idea of growing weed but looking to run 10 slurricane plants and 3 jelly breath cookies. I'll be growing indoors in two tents. Curious if anyone has any reccomendations as to which system works better/produces the best flowers and any set ups for a self watering/drainage system. Also, if anyone has reccomendations for good cheap leds i'm all ears.

hi
1 reservoir where lots of air,2 waterpump one both tents,feed line in tent where is table 5l pots only lavarokcs,spagetti line 2-4 one pots pump on 24/7
drainage pipe back reservoir,both pipe filter what can chance easly if need.
if you cover table and if table have good angel you have plus nft,roots grow 2-3kg along the table,
kiss style well now brand A/B,silica and pk and ph down
chek the ph when you can,fresh lavarocks up ph
happy grow

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Welcome to ICMag!! :D

Your best friend will be information and experience. That being said, I strongly recommend getting a small tent and light to start with. Small tents make great mum and clone tents when you upgrade. They're also an inexpensive investment if you find out you're not a grower. (Millions have realized they're not growers, over the last few years in 'legal' states)

Small tent means smaller temp changes, smaller utility bills and fewer issues to research your first few grows. Less frustration, higher quality flowers and a bigger yield are also increased through education. A smaller tent also means a smaller yield of low quality cannabis, if you mess up the first few runs. ;)

While you grow in the small tent, spend as much time reading and learning as possible. Growing quality cannabis indoor gets easier as you become more educated.

A product called Blumats does the self watering thing. There are a few threads on here with information on them. :) Screw In LEDs (SILs) are covered in the Micro Grow forum, and if you're handy with tools and soldering there are DIY threads for various LED light setups. :)

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Hey, I'm new to the whole idea of growing weed but looking to run 10 slurricane plants and 3 jelly breath cookies. I'll be growing indoors in two tents. Curious if anyone has any reccomendations as to which system works better/produces the best flowers and any set ups for a self watering/drainage system. Also, if anyone has reccomendations for good cheap leds i'm all ears.

That can be a loaded question, with many responses. The first question is, how much do you have to spend! You can go with cheap systems and still get good results. Some times the systems that cost lots of money are not as great as a cheaper system. Next question would be do you want to buy a kit/system, or are you going to DIY your grow?

One of your cheapest system you could go with is a bubbler, which most folks these days call DWC. You can go with one bucket per plant, but each bucket needs an air stone (you'll need air pumps for the airstones). Some times air stones will clog up quickly, some times they will last many months.

A flood and drain system can be an easy system for some one just starting out. A flood and drain tray can be used for different styles of hydroponic growing. like a NFT system.

Aeroponics is another type of hydroponic system. This system would be better suited once you have more experience growing.

What medium are you thinking about using? Your medium you use, may be better suited to one type of system.

There are different mediums out there to pick from. Hydroton, Rockwool. Some folks consider coco coir to be a hydroponic medium, it seams more like dirt to me. I don't like how my buds taste when grown in coco.

Are you going to want to have to buy your grow medium ever grow? Hydroton can be reused over and over. You just have to clean out the roots before you reuse it.

Those systems can all yield well or they might not yield as well. It also depends on how well rooted your plants are before you flower them.

Artnerd1990

So I'm currently running coir perlite with cocos a and b from home and garden, a 1200 watt phlizon led trying to germinate 3 slurricane seeds and 3 jelly breath animal cookies seeds.

Artnerd1990

I've had a 100% success rate for germination so far. Directly in rapid rooters with some coco and perlite around and on top in a dome tray with a heating mat. Should see seedlings in a few days

Artnerd1990

Grow update! I have four large and healthy slurricanes that have been topped 3 times each. Transplanting tomorrow evening and flipping to flower in two weeks.

Latest posts

Latest posts