What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

5 Year Old Seeds (Did they Pop?)

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Surviving bro. Working on tetris ties mostly, so haven't been "weeding" as much as I'd like. Got an outdoor grow kicking and some plants in the veg tent I need to take clones of.
picture.php

Fixer

Awesome! How tall are those plants? Have you had trouble with too much rain this year? It's been raining like crazy here in ME.

What are Tetris Ties?

Fixer

I've removed the large fan leaves at the tops of the plants so let light through to the bud sites.

Middle pic is of a strange bug I found in my tent. Seen anything like it?

Attachments

• IMG_2098.jpg
    IMG_2098.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2096.jpg
    IMG_2096.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2097.jpg
    IMG_2097.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 16

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
All over the board on height, a few were out there 2 months and are about 6 feet. A few just went out last month and are shorter about 4 feet. 2 of the plants just went out there when that picture was taken. I keep lucking out and getting new strains, I forget all what's even out there I think I made a diagram someplace. The rain has been really strong this year here. I've been really worried a few times, and I did lose 1 plant already to a storm where something fell on it and split it down the middle and it never recovered. Bro I have never seen a bug like that before, :yoinks: but I for one welcome our new alien overlords. I google searched for T shaped bug, and it says it's a Plume Moth. And the pictures look exactly like it! So I think it's a plume moth https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pterophoridae

Last edited:

Fixer

I had quarter sized hail bouncing off my windshield last week. Your plants need flack jackets. Is that what the net over the plants is for? I pointed T-Bug south it's on it's way to rule MA.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
That net specifically is for sun protection, when they first go out they get covered and that weekend we had a heat index of 112 so I thought I'd cover all of them again just to be safe. Thanks for sending it my way :D Check your plants for any leaf miner damage, which looks like miscolored "trails" across the leaves, cause I found this quote from https://hempinsects.agsci.colostate.edu/faq/

Adult of a plume moth. The larvae of these type of moths develop as leafminers in various types of plants. This one may be the morningglory leafminer, which develops in morningglory and field bindweed. Photograph by Hunter Konchan.
11.jpg

Fixer

Interesting and thanks! I've been treating the plants with pesticide and the look good but I'll keep my eyes peeled for damage. :tiphat:

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Awesome! How tall are those plants? Have you had trouble with too much rain this year? It's been raining like crazy here in ME.

What are Tetris Ties?
It rains almost every day. I don't feel summer. I think it's autumn

Fixer

I'm guessing I'm 7-14 days out from harvest. I'm going to begin flushing at the end of the week. I started another 6 five year old Sour Crack seeds which all popped. They are all pretty comparable in size. The last batch were a lot more varied.

Attachments

• IMG_2160.jpg
    IMG_2160.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2161.jpg
    IMG_2161.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2159.jpg
    IMG_2159.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 17

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I'm guessing I'm 7-14 days out from harvest. I'm going to begin flushing at the end of the week. I started another 6 five year old Sour Crack seeds which all popped. They are all pretty comparable in size. The last batch were a lot more varied.
I would give it more time, if you are still popping white hairs your plant is still growing. The "best" way to determine ripeness is still using something to look at the trichomes though, a digital microscope or a jewlers loupe.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
This is like divine insanity lol.. im glad its playing the tune! Well done.

Thanks bro. Only the prototype actually plays the theme song that way I don't have to pay to license it plus the guy who has the prototype said his work made him turn the theme song off almost immediately:biggrin: y'all know anybody who wants one point them in my direction:tiphat:

Fixer

I've removed most of the large fan leaves and the buds are soaking up the sunlight. I've had to coax the branches for two of the plants away from the main stalk of the plant. They are compact and I afraid that I'll be visited by the rot fairies.

AgentPothead I will examine those tricomes before I do anything rash. Thanks!:tiphat:

Attachments

• IMG_2237.jpg
    IMG_2237.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2239.jpg
    IMG_2239.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2238.jpg
    IMG_2238.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 21

Fixer

I'm getting close to flush. I've had a little bit of growth I'm at 12.25" for the large plant. I've been clipping any leaves that block the buds from direct light and teasing the branches away from the main stalk to spread them out and expose the colas to as much light as possible. The lower buds still seem to be bulking up.

Attachments

• IMG_2267.jpg
    IMG_2267.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2269.jpg
    IMG_2269.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 16

Fixer

They're still drinking a lot of water.

Attachments

• IMG_2295.jpg
    IMG_2295.jpg