What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dirty low life scum robbed my house

Cvh

Supermod
Sorry to hear that Rab.C. Must have been somebody who knew you had herb in the house or suspected you were growing.
Why would they else have targetted your home? Just random...?

Check your circle of 'friends' for suspects... The fact that they took your Bluelab meter is a sign that they aren't ordinary robbers. Only people who know something about growing knows that Bluelabs are expensive. Ordinary thieves don't steal plastic meters and leave a Stihl Chainsaw behind...

Even if you didn't tell anybody that you were growing, they might have suspected it when you threw a baggie on the table and they wondered how the hell did you get this stuff, he must be growing or something...

Keep in mind that the people who robbed you now know for certain you are a grower. Take good security measures for future sake. They might come back one day hoping that you restarted growing.

R

Rab.C

Thanks Cvh it must have been because of the weed i had.and we were thinking they might come back.they must have left with bags with seedlings in they got cash some of her mums
jewellery.i cant believe they took my seedlings and my ph meter and ec trunchion.i think they took that because it was in same room.we are fitting door locks to all doors in bedrooms and when we have enough cash for 2 x cameras atb Rab.c

festerous

Veteran
Sorry to hear this. Unfortunately it is someone that you know.
I would lay low for a few days and then start checking electric meters for abnormal consumption.

PabloEscobud

Shows how fucking stupid they really are though, who takes a blue lab meter but leaves a CMH behind. Hope you catch them and are back on your feet shortly.

R

Rab.C

thanks PabloEscobud they never seen cmh thank god as its still in box and was up loft.they missed a laptop & stihl chainsaw.the through 2 seedlings against the bedroom wall and just made a mess.tbh i hope i dont find out who did it. Rab

thailer

what kind of cameras are you going to get Rab C? wireless ones aren't as reliable and indoor ones are cheaper than outdoor. I have a Reolink PoE 4k bullet camera that records to a micro sd card and is viewable through an app on my cell.

the other day i was looking into security gadgets and saw this basic alarm system that senses movement. it has a key code entry pad to turn it on and off as well as a key chain remote. you would leave the house and turn it on. when crooks came and went inside the house, it would sense movement in the room and turn on a loud siren your neighbors should hear. you would come home to hear your siren blaring and turn it off with your remote or using the entry pad. it won't call police or anything. it was really cheap depending on how many room sensors you need ranging in price from $18-40. probably wouldn't work if you have pets which would trigger the alarm but i was gonna pick one up to put in our storage buildings and in the grow room area.

R

Rab.C

thailer tbh we would be happy with indoor cameras at least we catch there faces.we are going too the dog rescue this week to see if we can rescue a dog. this was defos a one off
because we have stayed here 18 years with no problems. at xmas 2 drug addicts got caught
trying doors too presents that ended with a sore face.

thailer

well you and your family have been in my thoughts. then the next day, i found some crooks trying to steal gas or do something. so security has been on the forefront of my mind this week. i hope you are sleeping soundly and find a great dog!!

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
Thats really shit.. sounds like some novices anyway. If you can get bars over the windows.. anything that slows entry and causes noise will deter the little wankers..

'Boogieman'

If they wore masks they knew you had cameras. If they lured the dog out they also knew that and were prepared. You were targeted for sure. Someone you knew most likely was involved and probably after weed.

This was years ago and I only grow outdoors. They hit many houses out here and ended up being two white guys from Chicago. They were huge guys so I was sure I didn't know them. They were targeting houses way out in the country. They ended up robbing an old couple while they were home and one guy got shot several times but lived and eventually he snitched out his friend who took off . They got hit with a ton of charges and one guy got basically life the other got 15 years which is really 7.5 years in my state with good time.

Last edited: