What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The YukonKronicle

YukonKronic

Crumbled Lime 4
picture.php
picture.php

C5KC 1
picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

YukonKronic

C5KC 1
picture.php

picture.php

Box 2 needs a good defoliation in the next week..
picture.php

C5KC 2 still stretching.. started flowering in some earnest but nowhere near what it will be in two weeks... I expect there’s more to come.
picture.php

Cakeboy

Feeding the Roos
ICMag Donor
Hey Yukon

I think I read you use up to 20% bio char in your mix. Do you charge that up with anything? Thanks

YukonKronic

Hey Yukon

I think I read you use up to 20% bio char in your mix. Do you charge that up with anything? Thanks

Fish hydrolysate lacto b and molasses... also fermented plant extracts if I have em.. I’ll even throw yeast in there... I concentrate as much or more on microbial inoculation as elemental.. N is important to try and get in there in my opinion..

Cakeboy

Feeding the Roos
ICMag Donor
And when charging it, would you put the hydrylosate in neat or diluted to normal nute strength Cheers

YukonKronic

And when charging it, would you put the hydrylosate in neat or diluted to normal nute strength Cheers

Dilute to normal or close to it... let it all sit for a couple days in a warm place covered loosely and stir once in awhile.. I didn’t worry about pathogens with that much charcoal (traditionally a purifier) and only gave it around five days for a garbage bin full.. idea was to get some life to multiply and get moving into the char... bubbles are a good sign. I’ve also used horse manure as an addition for extra microbes as well as elements like N P and Ca.
If it loses its fermented smell and gets really putrid it may be time to dump it and let it get a little air... maybe spray it with lacto b. serum...

The leftover liquid is probably a good compost addition..

Edit: wanted to add that the larger your pieces of char the longer they should soak. Mine was pea sized pebbles and powder with about 15% larger wood chip sized pieces.

YukonKronic

Both c5KC plants smell predominantly of perfume and very lightly pickled carrots.. number 1 has a sort of square blocky look to the buds that are done stretching. I find it reminiscent of Kali China so I’m hoping for something close to the 10 weeks range but sort of expecting it may go 12-13 just in case I’m surprised... I’ve never actually grown a Haze cross before....
Number 2 took longer to initiate and stretched for longer but it looks as if it’s only got another week or so of stretch left... it’s possible the thing will have a monster yield if all her budsites get heavy... real beast of the jungle so far.. reminds me of Thai dom GT but a little more stately and more..... languid. In a purposeful and seductive way though:peacock::biggrin:

Common Sense

Pretty cool YukonChronic! All I see is green. Wonderful.
One question if you don't mind. When you have so many trichomes on the leaves, do you process them separately to make hash or something similar or do you dry and cure them with the buds? Or discard?

YukonKronic

Pretty cool YukonChronic! All I see is green. Wonderful.
One question if you don't mind. When you have so many trichomes on the leaves, do you process them separately to make hash or something similar or do you dry and cure them with the buds? Or discard?

I often use large fans as mulch and resinous trim gets dried and hashed or extracted depending on my mood..

Breadwizard

Lovin those C5xKC pics! I've got one going currently, but is only a week old. Would you describe the "pickled carrot" similar to the zamaldelica's carrot aroma, or different?

YukonKronic

Lovin those C5xKC pics! I've got one going currently, but is only a week old. Would you describe the "pickled carrot" similar to the zamaldelica's carrot aroma, or different?

Similar but more earthy less sweet and with a definite fermented sharpness almost like a nasty cheese or some kind of fermented fruit juice thats gone too far or something...