What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

True Terpenes VISCOSITY extract liquifier LAB TESTS: Mineral oil but no terps!!

p0opstlnksal0t

It's very easy to plant a seed of doubt or skepticism and caused severe damage to a company's reputation while people reverberate the same skepticism throughout the internet. as of now you have no skin in the game as far as this thread is concerned so how can anyone take you seriously I am not even a Photoshop master and I can whip up GC Ms results like what you've posted.

it should be easy enough for someone to backtrack your results at the lab although I doubt they will divulge any personal information. Also there is no guarantee that what the lab tested was in fact straight fruit true terpenes unadulterated diluent

soil margin

Veteran
I gotta disagree.... True Terpenes is reputable whether they are part of this forum or not... There is nothing that says Extract Ninja has any type of credentials

He isn't claiming to have credentials. He's showing independent lab tests. TT isn't doing that. When TT shows lab tests that refute the tests Extract Ninja has provided us with then we might have a conversation, until then TT is just shilling in this thread trying to keep it's customers buying what may be a fake product.

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
It seems to have riled some people up. I have felt those carts to be garbage since about a week after discovering them. This internet court room drama does not help their case.

It's very easy to plant a seed of doubt or skepticism and caused severe damage to a company's reputation while people reverberate the same skepticism throughout the internet. as of now you have no skin in the game as far as this thread is concerned so how can anyone take you seriously I am not even a Photoshop master and I can whip up GC Ms results like what you've posted.

it should be easy enough for someone to backtrack your results at the lab although I doubt they will divulge any personal information. Also there is no guarantee that what the lab tested was in fact straight fruit true terpenes unadulterated diluent
Anyone can do what I did, not what you accuse me of doing. All they have to do is buy a bottle of Viscosity and send it opened to a lab for GC analysis.

Ideally the bottle would be sent directly from TT to the lab for real chain of custody documentation. That's what I wanted to do but I knew TT would never do that for some random person.

I spoke with the labs today and they confirmed that mineral oil is a very unique peak and it's not really possible to mistake some other peak for mineral oil.

Pro Headies

Veteran
I don't use Facebook but here is the guy that analysed one of the samples, somebody message him and ask if they tested True Terpenes see what he says. It says on his page about posting test results online need to be given permission from lab first since there copyrighted material and results can't be altered. Maybe this will shed some light on the situation.

https://m.facebook.com/EODoctor/

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I've read cannabis forums for almost 2 decades now. The biggest problems I see here have been very common over the years.

1. Brand new account with an agenda
2. Zero dialogue between the account creator and the company they have an issue with
3. Word of mouth information only (sorry, two charts and a quote is not evidence of anything)
4. Not even a shred of anecdotal evidence

This could be the first time the accuser was correct. Past history has shown these things to be mistakes or pure slander. I'm hoping it's just a big mistake. Good luck!

TruffleButler

Maybe that's just what it takes.. Maybe people are tired of mysteries. Maybe ass kissing hasn't been good motivation for transparency. Maybe OP wants people to change the way the online forums think?

Maybe he wants to know what's in the mystery reducer, without having to pay $600. Proprietary information, lol, fuck I hate weed capitalists who can't thrive on their own skillset, only by keeping secrets.

I've read cannabis forums for almost 2 decades now. The biggest problems I see here have been very common over the years.

1. Brand new account with an agenda
2. Zero dialogue between the account creator and the company they have an issue with
3. Word of mouth information only (sorry, two charts and a quote is not evidence of anything)
4. Not even a shred of anecdotal evidence

This could be the first time the accuser was correct. Past history has shown these things to be mistakes or pure slander. I'm hoping it's just a big mistake. Good luck!
Why would you want anecdotal evidence more than independent 3rd party analytical data as proof? What I posted wasn't "two charts and a quote" to those who know how to read what I posted.

How about this for anecdotal evidence?

Chemical specs seem very similar.

.Viscosity SDS specs for density is 0.858 g/cm3 at 25 °C, boiling point is 285 °C (25 mmHg), flash point is 110 °C

.Mineral oil USP specs for destiny is 0.846 to 0.86 mg/cm3 at 25 °C, boiling point is 218 - 800 °C (760 mmHg), flash point is >93.33 °C. (CAS 8012-95-1)

.Both Viscosity and mineral oil have the very same Aspiration Hazard of "1" and Signal Word of "Danger".

I also realized I mistakenly wrote the first lab found both mineral oil and isoparaffin. Instead, the mineral is some type of isoparaffin, which is a mixture of hydrocarbons (mineral oils) derived from petroleum.

I've written it a few times: for those who doubt just do the test yourself. Unless you won't believe your lying eyes

The image below is the toxicity data for inhaling mineral oil.

picture.php

Douglas.Curtis

Why would you want anecdotal evidence more than independent 3rd party analytical data as proof? What I posted wasn't "two charts and a quote" to those who know how to read what I posted.
Because it comes from multiple people, increasing the chances of it being valid. I read the thread, except the charts and a quote about them, you really have nothing. Anyone can duplicate the results you posted using nefarious means. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm saying you're very shy on concrete evidence.

How about this for anecdotal evidence?

Chemical specs seem very similar.

.Viscosity SDS specs for density is 0....
Anecdotal: Based on personal accounts, rather than facts or research.

What I'm looking for are other people who have complained of how "It left a burning/irritating sensation in my throat and a bad taste in my mouth."
This would be 'anecdotal' evidence. I find nothing when I go looking online. Nobody complaining of what you are. Again, I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm saying there's nothing but you at this point. I've been there with the whole aza/CHS connection years ago, so I understand your position.

Yes, we're aware vaping mineral oil is bad. Ty. :tiphat:

Now I see what you're asking for. There are at least a couple of people in this thread who posted about negative opinion of Viscosity from personal use. There are many reports by users about harshness on the web. This site and some others don't seem to focus much on extracts, so maybe not many people here use Viscosity.

But that doesn't matter at all. What you're asking for is pretty worthless compared to analytical testing. What I provided is concrete evidence, you just don't trust the messenger.

What I did find interesting is the very similar chemical specs of Viscosity and USP grade mineral oil. I have never compared them until your post, which prompted me to compare them.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm just snickering at a capitalist coming through the door telling us everything is okay and all good about their money maker because the government say so...to a bunch of underground, law-breaking, anti-prohibitionist, self made individuals who have had to depend on their own independent research for decades to advance a billion dollar industry in the shadows.

But yeah, let's all just sit here and give the government approved company the benefit of our doubt when there is potentially direct evidence to the contrary.

I'm willing to bet, rather than doing their due diligence to restore community trust, TrueTerps is just talking to the legal team trying to figure out how to silence people rather than share data. Hope I'm wrong.

This thread could be the catalyst that gets those on the fence to start using carts or it could have the exact opposite impact and solidify the decision not to, while at the same time convincing the current users to stop. Choices.

dank.Frank

DemonTrich

Veteran
Any testing facility should be able to test for any residual solvents as long as they have the standard for it.

If the Op statement were true, this would have blown up weeks ago over at the extract forum. Since that has NOT happened, I'm still once again, calling BS!

soil margin

Veteran
Any testing facility should be able to test for any residual solvents as long as they have the standard for it.

If the Op statement were true, this would have blown up weeks ago over at the extract forum. Since that has NOT happened, I'm still once again, calling BS!

So your logic is: "One small group of people haven't proved X yet, therefore X is impossible."? Glad to see your GED is serving you well out in the real world. Keep it up Einstein!

Douglas.Curtis

Now I see what you're asking for. There are at least a couple of people in this thread who posted about negative opinion of Viscosity from personal use.
I only see negative opinions about karts, nothing from anyone using viscosity. (Unless I missed something?)

There are many reports by users about harshness on the web. This site and some others don't seem to focus much on extracts, so maybe not many people here use Viscosity.
I haven't found any, and I went looking specifically. This doesn't mean they aren't there, it just means they're not coming up from my search terms. You'd think "extract thickener viscosity burning throat" would pull up at least one item, no? It doesn't. Neither do any other searches yet. If I look for your quote specifically, this thread and some other site you copy/pasted the same info to does.

But that doesn't matter at all. What you're asking for is pretty worthless compared to analytical testing. What I provided is concrete evidence, you just don't trust the messenger.
It's generally the public complaining which starts the analysis. It's what you say started your own chain of actions. When there are several hundred people complaining about something, it still holds more sway than a couple lab reports.

Yes, I understandably have issues with the source. Logic says I should.

What I did find interesting is the very similar chemical specs of Viscosity and USP grade mineral oil. I have never compared them until your post, which prompted me to compare them.
If you're posting factual information, this would make sense.

Latest posts

Latest posts