What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Busted!

So you smoked up under your carport and from the sounds of it, you had a sizable grow going on in a state where it isn't legal.

Unless you appeal to the judge's sense of decency... (of which there may be NONE present,) and remind them that you are not a violent or lascivious criminal -only growing it for yourself so that NONE of your money goes to black market players, you have no real chance of getting off.

You can get a lessened sentence, or reduced charge, but it's illegal there.

Doesn't matter how any of us feel about it; if they people in your state don't legalize it, you're on your own, legally.

I hope you learned why one shouldn't willingly stick their nuts on the chopping block.

Brilliant news SGS!....it reminds me of loosing a huge seed grow in Holland back in 03 when the cops came along with a dumpster and took anything grow/cannabis related from the house and threw it in the dumpster but didn't charge me or DG with any crime, just stole all of our seeds, plants, lights and systems.....BASTARDS!

....still its great to hear that at least you kept your liberty....

DG, how is that old wrecking ball doing? I helped her sell a shit ton of seeds.

militia420

Yay! A few bowls later and I remember your case. Something seemed wonky about the probable cause aspect, and there you go.

A toothpick and some detonation cord and so forth and basically a heist by eager hands.

And yes, I think also an example that prosecutors aren't a conflict of interest because they are not exactly about fulfilling every charge from an arrest to the maximum level; they are just as interested in keeping someone free to hopefully pay more taxes.

This experience is probably a bit on the rare side, but I believe it happened, thanks for updating the outcome!

Most prosecutors are pieces of shit and every one who has taken the time to read their state code sections on arraignment, arrest, and all the sections related to arraignment (subpeona, summons, arrest) can see that they VIOLATE those sections of code on a systemic basis in every god damned state. These people are part of a high functioning organized crime racket and they have absolutely no defense to violating their oaths on a habitual basis. Fuck them.

This guy got off because there was no solid probable cause. The neighbor's report was hearsay and speculation as to whether or not it was pot. The toothpick in the trashcan was not reported to have his DNA or other identifiers on it so any one could have stuck that in there. Do you want to be the alleged "smart" attorney bringing charges against some one only to get shot down for a lack of probable cause that should have been sufficient to get a warrant issued? These guys are ego maniacs of course they dropped that. Now if he was handling his own case pro per or pro se the assholes might not have dropped it as they rely on the stupidity of the public to think that because a judge or lawyer says something is so, while such a defendant argues otherwise, only the judge or lawyer could be right because they went to school and they'd never lie or have shitty character, right? It's great he got off but I really can't view any of these BAR members as heroes unless I've studied them more, as most of them are shady and only the super rare attorney is righteous. And there aren't many of them because they get shut down by the others.

rolandomota

I too had a case dropped after 3 fucking years of bullshit court appointed lawyers trying to make me plead guilty lol fuck them statute of limitations for the win fucking prick lawyers and asshole incompetent sheriffs department I had 26 ready to flower Malawi and golden tiger. Now I got Malawi f2 and golden tiger next for f2 probably next year got some beanhoarder big freeze on the menu for the end of the year

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I started reading this thread from the beginning, and threw out that response when I realized about this new parchment origami hobby I have started, is also leaving crumbs. As I went through the thread it was a relief to hear that you found competent counsel and the outcome was positive.

I know that was over a year ago, but maybe a shoutout of that attorney is warranted if that kind of stuff is OK around here.

Damn shame about the seeds. Too bad the attorney couldn't get the rare ones back as part of the leave for OR deal.

They told me my new neighbors called and reported my use... And the found stems and shit in my trash over last month of investigation...

OPSEC: The trash is theirs to pick through. Do you realize they spent 1 month looking through your trash, all because a neighbor didn't like the smell of your burning hemp?

LESSON: I just checked and parchment burns nicely, so that will be collected in a jar and burned here.

DECOY: In an illegal state maybe it would be a good idea to have a jar of hemp flower (if state is legal CBD) sitting in plain sight on the counter for the bastids.

Last edited:

'Boogieman'

OPSEC: The trash is theirs to pick through. Do you realize they spent 1 month looking through your trash, all because a neighbor didn't like the smell of your burning hemp?

LESSON: I just checked and parchment burns nicely, so that will be collected in a jar and burned here.

DECOY: In an illegal state maybe it would be a good idea to have a jar of hemp flower (if state is legal CBD) sitting in plain sight on the counter for the bastids.

They pull out a field test, even midwest ditch weed will turn purple in their test which is positive for thc.

A month long investigation for the smell of smoke?

Definitely seems excessive and likely cost them a ton of money and resources.

Maybe they were hoping for more, or thought they would get more...

Lots of times they use internet information and then make a parallel investigation at the same time that way they can have useful evidence in court.

EastFortRock

Idaho has busted people for having CBD bud because it had a trace of THC . They claim any THC is illegal and they don’t care that the federal government allows a little THC in hemp. On a different subject, when I blow smoke into my carbon filter you can’t smell it coming out the other side. If I lived somewhere like Idaho I would smoke in a carbon filtered room . In Oregon I smoke out on my patio. Half my neighbors smoke weed and the other half don’t really care if I do.

St. Phatty

Idaho has busted people for having CBD bud because it had a trace of THC . They claim any THC is illegal and they don’t care that the federal government allows a little THC in hemp. On a different subject, when I blow smoke into my carbon filter you can’t smell it coming out the other side. If I lived somewhere like Idaho I would smoke in a carbon filtered room . In Oregon I smoke out on my patio. Half my neighbors smoke weed and the other half don’t really care if I do.

How are the Idaho cops when you cross the state line out there, east of Baker City, on the way to Boise ?

The economy being the way it is, there is a BIG incentive to export Oregon weed East. Probably not a secret to anybody.

When Oregon came close to passing a very restrictive California style firearms bill a year ago, I heard people talking about "moving to Idaho".

However, it does seem that California imports and young people are changing state demographics, in Oregon and in Idaho.

Young people tend not to understand the coerciveness of the government (unless they have been on the receiving end), so it's harder for them to understand the need for a 2nd Amendment.

A strange combination, as demographics change, Cannabis laws change, and firearms laws change.

grayeyes

SGS please be informed that in OR you have to have licenses which means the land gets inspected the water table get investigated you have to have fencing, means to keep anyone off your property. In short, I have a very well healed friend who started down the process and when the ticket for all of the 'inspections' went over $100,000 he gave up.

I highly suggest you do the same.

Latest posts

Latest posts