What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

House & Garden Nutrients

Mia

I still don't understand how drip clean works.
If you don't run to runoff then it seems to me the salts are still in your medium no matter what?
Does the drip clean keep the salts from building or sticking to the roots or something?
I bought some like a week ago and running all my veg on it.
No comprendo exactly how it works though which bothers me.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
I still don't understand how drip clean works.
If you don't run to runoff then it seems to me the salts are still in your medium no matter what?
Does the drip clean keep the salts from building or sticking to the roots or something?
I bought some like a week ago and running all my veg on it.
No comprendo exactly how it works though which bothers me.

Not sure how it works..but it brings the salts back to my rez..looks like sand in the bottom

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
first time I used it I had flushed 3-4 days with final flush with no real change in the barrel..first or second flush it left the sandlike stuff behind..good product..it will be a keeper no matter on the H $ G as a whole

Bunz

Email rob@house-garden.us and ask him for a sample card. He'll send you a card to fill out and send a $13 money order or check along with the card back to him. In about 2 weeks, you'll have a nice size, HEAVY, UNMARKED, box on your front porch. I'll include 1 liter each of your NPK nutes, and smaller bottles of the rest of the line. Nice way to sample their line w/o handing over $300+.

Bunz :D

Biatchzxz

Where am I?
Veteran
When I use drip clean and it really gets all the salts out. Y could pretty much see it at the bottom ofthe pots. Dude these people are so fucking cool They hooked me up with a few kits samples. The whole line. I am stocked up for a while. All the additives and all. Shit. I have so much extra I donteven know what to do with it. That's to me worth it. I wouldn't use any Other company just on that tip. Be aide they know how to treat people and answer any questiOns I had. I 100% vouch for them and the products speak for themselves. Once you use them I guarantee you will be satisfied and super pumped. They just know what they doing and are super nice. I talk to Allan and Rob Both are super knowledgeable and helpful

Biatchzxz

Where am I?
Veteran
Just thought I'd drop in and add some info

Started using aqua flakes instead of the coco a&b in my coco/ffof mix and plants reallY enjoyed the switch. I guess the addition of the Ffof to the coco def changes up the whole process of nutrienrs ph change etc. So figured I'd use the aqua flakes for everything else. And coco AB. When using 100% coco. DEF worked out a lot better. And foranyone using the H&g. Like I'd suggest feeding every watering with barely any plain water breaks throughout. Obviously depending on how aggressive you feed Realized that when I give el plain water they slightly yellow. So I'm feeding ever watering and they absolutely love it. Really takes the whole flushing at the end so much easier win u only need a few days of flush instead of 1-2 weeks. This def shows also in final weight They really get all they need throughout the cycle. So just another 2 cents. Of info

Hey guys, just thought i'd say im on my 4th indoor run and i'm switching from soil to coco, also switching from G.H. to H&G and i'm really digging the H&G even if their is alot of shit to mix. Oh and here's a shot of what they sent me

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
Just thought I'd drop in and add some info

Started using aqua flakes instead of the coco a&b in my coco/ffof mix and plants reallY enjoyed the switch. I guess the addition of the Ffof to the coco def changes up the whole process of nutrienrs ph change etc. So figured I'd use the aqua flakes for everything else. And coco AB. When using 100% coco. DEF worked out a lot better. And foranyone using the H&g. Like I'd suggest feeding every watering with barely any plain water breaks throughout. Obviously depending on how aggressive you feed Realized that when I give el plain water they slightly yellow. So I'm feeding ever watering and they absolutely love it. Really takes the whole flushing at the end so much easier win u only need a few days of flush instead of 1-2 weeks. This def shows also in final weight They really get all they need throughout the cycle. So just another 2 cents. Of info

so your in a soil/coco base(which imo is more like soil) and feed every watering? whats the highest ppm/EC you go to in veg? flower?

i just started feeding everywatering because i was seeing defs, they greened up and grew big in 2 weeks, but i found they were dark green and purple stripes on stems, was thinking possible too much ferts so i backed down to feed water feed...havent seen them get much better so i think im gonna start feeding every watering again...i was feeding at 700ppm/1.4EC base nutes and not higher as i was afraid to go higher if feeding every watering...

Biatchzxz

Where am I?
Veteran
Hey Joe - Yeah at first I was doing the same and experienced the same as you with the stems and such. And realized I could def up the ppm. And truthfully since I started feeding ever watering pushing 800-1000ppm Easily. They love it. I was also hesitant on feeding ever watering but realized when u didnt they slightly yellowed. With the H&G line don't be afraid to go above your normal levels the line is designed to really be fed every watering this is also why I like them because it's a little hard tO over dose them. That's also why they even say u don't really need a long flushing period. I would bump up your Ppms/EC levels up and you will see the difference right away. If your going to use plain water in between I'd suggest at least some mag with it just to ensure no deficiency. That's what I experienced when I forgot to do it. I got a slight cal/mg def. But if feeding everytime you won't see any deficiencys because they got a nice amount of cal in there stuff I believe it was like 10% calcium in there so that's def enough Are you using the while line?

They sent me 3 kits (so nice of them)
The Soil AB ,coco AB, and aqua flakes AB along with all the additives with each kit I have so much I don't know what to do with. Drip clean is the shit especially if using coco

Bunz

The tiny bottle of drip clean they sent me convinced me enough to buy a liter of it. Never thought I would spend $60 for a liter of "flush", but drip clean is the shiznit!!!!

Bunz :D

K

Kitsym

thnx big time for the tip Bunz!

i sent em an email.... i'm in Canada, hopefully they can hook me up with a tester pack or ill try to connect with H&G Canada if that doesn't work....

Biatchzxz

Where am I?
Veteran
thnx big time for the tip Bunz!

i sent em an email.... i'm in Canada, hopefully they can hook me up with a tester pack or ill try to connect with H&G Canada if that doesn't work....

Yeah just hit them up and I'm sure they'll take care of you. Allan over in shipping helpe me out a lot They are super friendly and know how to treat the customers. I won't use anyone else from now on just because of the customer service I'll be honest. They truly make it an enjoyable experience.

Biatchzxz

Where am I?
Veteran
question: how can it be less salty? arent all nutes derived from salts?

Yes your correct on nutrients being derived from salts. Which not all salts are bad but an excess of salts is bad. Since most nutrient company's are. You can get a build up if not flushing in between.

The thing with house and garden is that the base nutrients are NOT salt based. (that's directly from the website FAQ)

And drip clean is a product they have that will ensure no salinity buildup whether using their line or another company

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
Love H&G just thought I'd post up about my experiences.

The whole line is great. Haven't used the new amino product they have. Not really sure what it's about. I've used the Coco A+B for years. Drip clean, Bud XL, Multizen, and Shooting Powder. I switched out the Shooting Powder for Kool Bloom powder, and use the Canna Pk-13/14 in early flower instead of the multizen. Then I use the Bud XL. I might go back to using their complete line again, but I wanted to experiment a bit. I recently added the Roots Excel, and it's a great product. I recently bought a bottle of GH Rapid Start, but as soon as it's done I'm going to switch back to Roots Excel.

One of the things I learned recently, is that if you're running a recirculating system and not DTW. You should use Aqua Flakes A+B instead of Coco A+B. Coco A+B is meant for DTW. I ran it recirculating for years, but apparently the other would have been the recommended choice.

The Drip Clean does leave what looks like a film or some sort of particles that are bound together on the trays.. More than likely salts. Pretty cool.

I feel like they really charge a lot on their additives. So that's why I've experimented with other alternatives.

hotboxes

thinking of switching

thinking of switching

I am thinking of switching to H&G because of all the hype about the taste being so different or better to say than anything else.

I personally use the "Rezapie" GH micro and bloom 6/9 in coco with the koolbloom additive along with botanicare Ca/Mg and a silicate and have had great results but thats all I have used. I have had great results this way and can always switch back if need be. I am also a simple person and this is an easy routine for me. I hand water to waste a very small OP so a qt. of each will last me 6 months.

What I'm getting at is what would I need to start out if I was to switch to H&G line in coco? Of coarse I'm going to need the A&B but what else would I NEED? I'm rot running a drip, so would I need the Drip dry?
Dose any one know of a K.I.S.S. feeding schedule that some one, like me, could follow?

That is one of the main reasons I don't mess with AN is because of all the BS you have to have, to have for another product to work better if at all. mostly snake oil IMO:moon:
I am always up for new things if in the end it's worth it but switching from a tried and true method to something new can be costly as well as having negative results in the end.

I am running a perpetual vertical 430watt hps box and would like to try a side by side maybe to see for myself what all the hype is about.
Any info you guys could help me with or a forum you could point me in the right way to would be great. I wanna try H&G as I have been hearing so much about it but I'm kinda clueless on what everyone is using and how. thanks in advance :thank you: