What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How safe is ICMAG for me?

L

laylow

hi im a UK grower who posts on here with photo updates of current grows i want to continue to do so im just wondering how safe i am doing so?

thanks for your time
:thank you:

O

oneeyewilly

prob safer than walking in the streets
prob safer than cocaine and whisky
prob safer than swimming in a ocean(on or not on mushrooms)
alot safer than smoking or fucking crack hos
hmmm...
safer than robbing a bank
or fighting a gang of angry transvestites

L

laylow

is it safe enough not to get my ass busted if the police are looking at growers on here....

O

oneeyewilly

well i would say keep anything that they can relate from the pics to you out the pics also i hear bout certain digi cameras having coded info or some shit...
somebody was writing about it a few days ago

A

ak-51

You're in the clear dude, the man doesn't have jurisdiction of that red dwarf star.

well i would say keep anything that they can relate from the pics to you out the pics also i hear bout certain digi cameras having coded info or some shit...
somebody was writing about it a few days ago
Scrub out all EXIF data. My camera doesn't write any EXIF data that could really identify me, but safe to scrub it out anyway. Make you're albums private if you want.

woolybear

Veteran
very safe. for extra safety, you can:

- use a program like Secure Delete (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897443.aspx) to wipe your photos from your pc after you upload them to ICMAG

- use an image editing program to resize your photos and remove the EXIF data. Opening a picture in photoshop and 'saving for web' will do this

- erase icmag from your comp's history every once in a while

All in all, pretty dang safe if you take the proper precautions.

supermanlives

Veteran
well the servers are supposedly safe. so pretty much you are as safe as what you post. dont give them any ammo. leave them piggies confused

L

laylow

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

very safe. for extra safety, you can:

- use a program like Secure Delete (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897443.aspx) to wipe your photos from your pc after you upload them to ICMAG

- use an image editing program to resize your photos and remove the EXIF data. Opening a picture in photoshop and 'saving for web' will do this

- erase icmag from your comp's history every once in a while

All in all, pretty dang safe if you take the proper precautions.

i use a few computers, mac, ipad, a pc and a netpad to brows the net... whenever i upload pic's its on my netbook as its easier to edit my photos on that... i may then right the post later on, on another laptop and add the photos from my albums... does that make sense?

my camera is a 7 year old cannon not that modern to have gps or coded info to worry about?

suppose i need to wipe everything from now and then as this account is what will get me in trouble for past grows....

i was just more worried that i could be tracked from here to my home address via my ip address or some shit im not to shit hot on internet security and how traceable you are thats why i asked....

thanks everyone for taking the time to post :tiphat:

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
internet evidence is almost never used in the uk,,yet,,, mainly because big growers they get dont use sites like icmag and if they do the evidence doesnt carry enough implication over the physical evidence,,yet,

icmag is the largest and best ganja forum so your technically safer in numbers i guess, but you could be traced if someone really wanted,,, but it wouldnt be because of ganja that someone made the effort, imo anyway,,

google has probably already profiled you anyway :rasta:

L

laylow

internet evidence is almost never used in the uk,,yet,,, mainly because big growers they get dont use sites like icmag and if they do the evidence doesnt carry enough implication over the physical evidence,,yet,

icmag is the largest and best ganja forum so your technically safer in numbers i guess, but you could be traced if someone really wanted,,, but it wouldnt be because of ganja that someone made the effort, imo anyway,,

google has probably already profiled you anyway :rasta:

can you elaborate a bit on these please....

its too late we know where you live and we are coming over

Still waiting... :nanana:

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
if a government body or particular licensed private organisation wanted to know your ip address then they can get it,,, and google(and friends) is profiling and saving everything you buy or search for that they know about, and then storing the data for some reason in corporate owned military installations in israel,,

money is irrelevent, information is power

can you elaborate a bit on these please....

Still waiting... :nanana:

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We had all our shit takin by the cops a few years back, plants, computer, pretty much everything...they didnt say a word about what sites we went to on line, had a outdoor thread going at the time and from years before. They were looking for sales shit, couldnt care less....but thats just our experience

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Unsecured home wireless networks are my way to upload , hundreds to choose from in the local town and a dozen available from my home adress .

Many of the free access wifi points at hotels and similar have icmag and half the web filtered out , feels a bit cheeky useing others connections but its done in seconds and i dont poke around.

I have no broadband account registered here , every problematic upload comes from a different IP over a large geographical area as work takes me , images and email kept online , seems pretty safe to me.