What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

Ioni Botani

Yar, not sure the price of Silica...but ph up is purrrdy damn cheap. Id love to find out more about this, and am def open to new ideas..Id also have to see how much it swings the pH etc..
Dig the Thoreau quote man, bless!
-I

Ioni Botani

is this for indoor or outdoor??

BOTH. I know some folks having AMAZING results outdoors. BUSHES. Just give the roots (and everything else for that matter) enough room to grow! Lol. This is usually in Coco, but is being used by friends in Hydroton, and even in soil during watering.

K.I.S.S. METHOD IS USED FOR

• Indoors
  • Outdoors
  • Flowering
  • Vegetative
  • Well-Rooted Clones
The only time I'd suggest feeding at any strength less than full is for seedlings (1/2 strength I believe..don't quote me.)

Hope this helps!

-I

asher1er

Veteran
Yar, not sure the price of Silica...but ph up is purrrdy damn cheap. Id love to find out more about this, and am def open to new ideas..Id also have to see how much it swings the pH etc..
Dig the Thoreau quote man, bless!
-I

If price is the issue, then the PH up might be a better option.. I need to use the AN Ph down because the GH will go through gallons of it in no time:wallbash: Using the silica instead of Ph up will just give you the added benefit of the product and raise your PH at the same time.. instead of using just plain ph up. I've notice plants given a silica product (dutch masters or protek) to have thicker stems.. for some thats a PLUS:joint:

R

rick shaw

Re- checked the numbers.A Tsp is 6 grams. So your at .09 cents a gallon $4.50 for a fifty gallon reservoir.I am keeping count how many are suggesting additives

MyGreenToe

The one additive I plan on running is 1ml per gallon silica blast or similar. Strengthens stems and helps prevent budrot.

As it turns out, my usual online hydro shop is the least expensive place I could find for the MaxiBloom. They have the 2.2lb buckets for $10.90 US. 166 6g portions in 2.2lb, so 6.5 cents a gallon. $3.25 for 50 gallons.

At that price, it's almost silly not to add silica to your regime, if nothing else. Beyond that, KoolBloom powder for a boost if you want. Maybe some calmag if you are in coco. Keep it Simple! Good stuff.

MyGreenToe

It's worth mentioning that when mixing large reservoirs, it is better to measure your powder by weight, than by volume. The volume of powders is subject to alot of variables, and the 1 tsp per gallon measurement may not pan out very accurately with a large batch. When mixing small batches the volume measurement will likely be perfectly fine.

Ioni Botani

It's worth mentioning that when mixing large reservoirs, it is better to measure your powder by weight, than by volume. The volume of powders is subject to alot of variables, and the 1 tsp per gallon measurement may not pan out very accurately with a large batch. When mixing small batches the volume measurement will likely be perfectly fine.

Say true. Ive tested for myself the weight of a LEVEL TEASPOON. It comes out to a point or two over 7 grams.
I imagine when mixing more than 10 gal. that this may swing the ppms slightly. However....I do know people running whole 55 gal res' with this no problem. They don't even level off their teaspoons...if anything it just gives everything an extra little KICK!

-Ion

G

Guest 18340

Say true. Ive tested for myself the weight of a LEVEL TEASPOON. It comes out to a point or two over 7 grams.
I imagine when mixing more than 10 gal. that this may swing the ppms slightly. However....I do know people running whole 55 gal res' with this no problem. They don't even level off their teaspoons...if anything it just gives everything an extra little KICK!

-Ion

*EDIT*
Please use 7 grams/gal. Not all teaspoons measure the same, so it is highly recommended you go by the weight (7 grams) not the teaspoon.

You know it bro, my 55 gal rez never has any issues no matter how many gallons I mix at a time.
I scoop in 10 level table spoons for my usual 30 gal mix, I'm sure it's a gram/two over but it never has an adverse affect.
It wouldn't hurt to get technical and actually weigh it out...

Last edited:
R

rick shaw

Sweet,it take one step for your program.Whats the thread with twenty two nutrients the kid swears by.lol

Ioni Botani

Sweet,it take one step for your program.Whats the thread with twenty two nutrients the kid swears by.lol

Don't know....don't care.

I'm not doubting it DOES work....

But to me it's like killing a mosquito with an A-Bomb.

OVERKILL

You should see the results with ONLY Maxi. People would shit themselves, and go kill the guy at the Hydro store for selling them all that crap!

Gsizzle

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You should see the results with ONLY Maxi. People would shit themselves, and go kill the guy at the Hydro store for selling them all that crap!

Even after seeing the results some hate to admit it. I was told they felt like they got robbed with out a gun by a 10 year old boy

MyGreenToe

People would shit themselves, and go kill the guy at the Hydro store for selling them all that crap!

More likely they would only further entrench themselves, convinced the 20 bottles are giving them some magical undefinable edge, since you always "get what you pay for" lol. I swear some brilliant capitalist probably died with laughter from inventing that phrase.

how often do you feed in veg? flower? how often and at what rate do you use the koolbloom? what medium are you using?

thanks bro. looks nice and simple!

oh yeah i have some potassium silicate. is that similar to silica? its advanced nutes brand.

G

Guest 18340

how often do you feed in veg? flower? how often and at what rate do you use the koolbloom? what medium are you using?

thanks bro. looks nice and simple!

oh yeah i have some potassium silicate. is that similar to silica? its advanced nutes brand.
I grow in coco so I feed with every water whether in veg or flower, and I water every day.
I use the powder KB the last 4 days before I start my two week end of flower flush.
None of this is bible, it's merely the way it works me. PK boosters are not mandatory (in fact, Lucas doenst call for any) and other brands can be used.
I do know that this Maxibloom recipe works in coco, rockwool, soil and ebb/flo.
Can't help you with the silicate question, I've never used any before...:)

Thanks man! coco looks interesting. my garden supply center has 9 lb blocks for $13, and they are supposed to break up to over 2.5 cuft! not quite as cheap as peat (7.8cuft for $23) but im thinking about putting a 4x4 tray i have on the sidelines to use.

Ioni Botani

As long as we don't have to hear newbies in a few months saying the use the KISS method. KISS is more a grow philosophy and not one method.

This is the fundamental point.

Like Evl said, this isn't the Bible here....it's not dogma, it's a way of life.

K.I.S.S. is standing up and saying, "No, I know what the plants need. And it isn't all that bullshit." Imagine if you were a plant, and someone put 20 different bottles of junk in YOUR water. 'Organic' or not...that shit would suck. You can eat a good meal...that fills you up and gives you all the vitamins you need, or just eat fast food and take dietary supplements...
KEEP IT SIMPLE STONER!

This is the Keep It Simple Stoner thread. Lucas is basically the most simple nute regimen....and MaxiBloom is the most simple form of Lucas. Nuff said.

-I