What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mr. Nice Guy “Shit”

WeefNugginelli

I just ordered a pack of “shit” from Mr. Nice Guy Seeds. I’m really looking for a real strong skunky strain. They’ve always been a favorite of mine. This “shit” strain is their skunk. I’ve always been a huge fan of skunk bud and I’m not looking for anything that smells fruity or anything like that. I was wondering if anyone has any experience growing or smoking this strain and has anything they could tell me about it.

NEED 4 SEED

I just ordered a pack of “shit” from Mr. Nice Guy Seeds. I’m really looking for a real strong skunky strain. They’ve always been a favorite of mine. This “shit” strain is their skunk. I’ve always been a huge fan of skunk bud and I’m not looking for anything that smells fruity or anything like that. I was wondering if anyone has any experience growing or smoking this strain and has anything they could tell me about it.

I think you mean mr nice seeds. Opinions differ a bit over what a skunky smell actually is. I was always after the smell of the skunk or super skunk from the dutch coffee shops but I believe it is not the same as the roadkill skunk type many are after. I can describe the mr. nice shit strain as a bit skunky in the context of dutch smells. Not so sweet at all, a little onion funk, sweat, shit, as the name says. A few of mns strains have this smell. The effect was not too bad. Not racy, pretty ok.. But nothing serious to me. It lacked a certain feeling for me. I wished it had been more red eyes, couch lock, fat grin, but it wasn't. Just stoned and tired. No happyness. Over all they are pretty the same strain as their critical skunk, both not very vigorous. From the looks the same strains. Resin ranged from ok to better but the buds were too small and fluffy. I have still many seeds from the auction but they will definitely wait a long time before they see the light of day again, if ever...lol...sorry mns...there's too many good strains out there today...time has moved on but not at mns...I am pretty desillusioned with my mns grows. No keeper from 3 strains. Early girl weren't early, critical skunk weren't critical, shit was shit actually...haha...None had a great smell or extraordinary bud formation or anything to take place in the mother cabinet. Plants looked unhappy too :D Lets leave it at that. It made you stoned and that's all. I made a little album for you and it's here: https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=75853

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
..sorry mns...there's too many good strains out there today...time has moved on but not at mns...I am pretty desillusioned with my mns grows. https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=75853

100% agree... we still have 1/2+ pack's of his ssh from 10+ years ago.. his mango, n i think his black widow.. as you say, they prob will never see the lite of day...

not sure where he got his 'rep' from, but a top breeder...HA

G

ganjygav

picture.php
picture.php

I thought black widow was nice

conlarazon

Veteran
NL # 5 afghan, it was of low power, low odor, the males that I used for crosses left long flowering, and stretched plants. Then Nordle, also low odor, medium-high potency, a lot of resin, but can not fill completely. Finally MasterKush x Skunk ... idem. I give Mr. Nice 5/10.

The Joker1

I don't think many of the dutch strains hold a candle to what has been smoked in California for decades and also through out the US if you knew the right person. Dutch seeds are mostly rip offs of American Genetics and for the most part have been subpar in IMHO.

CannaZen

I don't think many of the dutch strains hold a candle to what has been smoked in California for decades and also through out the US if you knew the right person. Dutch seeds are mostly rip offs of American Genetics and for the most part have been subpar in IMHO.

Honestly i have heard that before and i don't think you will find a lot of difference they're all sativa/indica hybrids with different outdoor growing conditions. Certainly they may have their own style but Its not as if dutch varietals average lower percentages of THC its just that the dutch grower community probably is not as prominent as it is in the west coast of the USA. There is a big difference geographically.. California has a booming gardening market and its at 36N for outdoor growing. The netherlands is at 52 North and has a population of 17 million, California has 39 million people.

A lot of respectable breeders and growers such as sam the skunkman (involved with creating the original skunk) have moved to the netherlands to escape persecution and brought their seeds with them. Actually you know most internet seed companies are located in Europe and frankly i dont think cannabis would be half of what it is today were it not for the neutrality of other nations outside of the US allowing for the distribution of cannabis seeds worldwide had uncle sam became involved with governments of other nations to stop the sale of online seeds to customers within the US in the last decade the market just wouldn't be what it has become today.

Last edited:

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
The Dutch have done great things for cannabis, just as California has. I think both should be equally respected. All for one and one for all right?

therevverend

Veteran
To me it's apples to oranges. Both deserve a lot of credit but have done very different things.
It's telling that most successful Dutch strains were developed from plants from the West Coast. The real gems have come from the US. Northern lights, Skunk, Haze, Bubblegum Blueberry, Diesel, OG Kush, Hashplant, the list goes on. Because there's so many plants grown indoors and out.
The Netherland provided a place that the genetics could be gathered and marketed because of the laws there. And because of the ingenuity, leg work, and business sense of the Dutch. Strains that would have been kept in someone's closet in Seattle or the Midwest were marketed to growers everywhere. Raising the bar higher for everyone.
California though...I don't think people realize what it was like during the height of prohibition. In Northern California everyone grew. I'm not talking about just hippies or stoners. If you were a rancher or fireman or logger or old lady whoever you grew. As part of your income. It blew my mind the first time I saw all the big plants.
My friend took me around to 'meet the neighbors' and they all had amazing stuff. It was a community thing in a way. You'd go to the store and everyone you'd see would be growing pot. Sad to see it disappearing but a lot of good memories.

CannaZen

I would bet historically there were probably more americans abroad in the past decades that had imported landraces possibly so it really kind of falls into the lowest common denominator.

kushedy

There does seem to be this theme going on at the moment where a lot of people seem to think that America literally invented Marijuana. The only real breeders are in America & ever other country is just copying American genetics, badly etc.
This has all come about since legalization in the States. Part of the mass marketing hype going on no doubt & to many people ready to swallow it hook line & sinker.
Don’t get me wrong there are some amazing genetics coming out of the States but America has more than its fair share of hacks. The Dutch, Spanish etc also have hacks but they also have some very good breeders who have been working on Marijuana for a very long time in a virtually legal climate. To dismiss them all in favour of America (F*ck yeah) because of recent legalization & a little marketing is naive at best.

Last edited:

The Joker1

My buddies went to Amsterdam in the 80’s for seeds. At that time in New York , the best weed was from California , Hawaii and Vermont. The closet growers were growing from Amsterdam or bagseed in New York. It was skunky and green .I moved to California in 1990 and collected bagseed from Bolinas and SF. Started buying on line and just couldnt find any Dutch stuff as tasty as the grape and funk in my local bagseed. The woman had been growing the same strains in Bolinas for 20+ years.
The Canadian genetics were outstanding. Tried ******... the few I tried were just ok, but fun to Grow. People keep saying that the Dutch genetics they grew 25 years ago are completely different from the same named strains today . Watered down and sweet. I’ve gotten some decent cuts but from seeds , the Dutch didn’t hold up to Pure Kush, OutKast B.B. , Chemd etc. I’m sure if I grew 100 I would find that one.

CannaZen

There does seem to be this theme going on at the moment where a lot of people seem to think that America literally invented Marijuana. The only real breeders are in America & ever other country is just copying American genetics, badly etc.
To dismiss them all in favour of America (F*ck yeah) because of recent legalization & a little marketing is naive at best.

Okay. I would retract what I've said it was stupid i think i went too far but I think i was trying to say that there were a lot of imports into the US at one time, The thing is, Geographically our populous has been larger than most single European nations alone and particularly transcontinental we didn't have so many borders, except our seeds are illegal. Fuck we've had colonies enacting laws mandating farmers to grow hemp, founding fathers writing about smoking the flowers and i think even the segregation of males.

It was on the 10 dollar bill!

10-Dollar-Bill-Hemp1-e1358736758865.jpg

Last edited:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The thing with Jefferson and the other founders saying they smoked hemp is false. Easy to look up. They might have though just did not write about it. They were drinkers and maybe drunks, liked to smoke tobacco too.

Most do not know that New York City, early 1900's had about a thousand hash parlors. Sold it and let you smoke it there.

Taking credit for genetics is tricky. There was always someone before you and you are selecting and mixing from that. Team effort for the win.

Latest posts

Latest posts