What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Many Forest Gorillas vs Several Forest and Well Tended Plants

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Pulling the trigger :shooty:

picture.php

Dig deep, then reverse to keep the soil in the hole.
picture.php

picture.php

Took two weeks to get the holes dug in all the spots, but now they're done and amended.
Two weeks to go before the first seedlings go in their final homes.

But it's not all cheese and crackers. Blistered, black fly and mosquito bites by the thousands (had to take benadryl to bring the swelling down), and a fucking bitch tick.

Interesting observation: Even though I'm using Fish/Blood/Bone meal in the amendments, only one hole has been dug up.

(Mental note: Don't put your jacket down on the ground. Hang it on a tree or bush where nothing can crawl into it. Oh, and bring drinking water next time you idiot!)

Last edited:

theJointedOne

Veteran
they are def going to be wide out in the open in that plot, but hey if you think its not gonna be a problem then woohoo your stoked! also does that creek flood during rains? something to consider if your gonna plant near it.

Im subd, we need more good guerrilla grows on icmag!

thanks for sharing Tycho

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
they are def going to be wide out in the open in that plot, but hey if you think its not gonna be a problem then woohoo your stoked! also does that creek flood during rains? something to consider if your gonna plant near it.

Im subd, we need more good guerrilla grows on icmag!

thanks for sharing Tycho
These spots are open and chock full of sun.:tiphat: The others not as much. Keep in mind that in Canada cops don't use choppers much if at all. The war on weed is relegated to rats giving them a tip. You can get lots of free weed if you have a drone and some time to spend. My cousins farm and mow it down every year. There are a lot of sand and gravel quarries around, but it's like going to a ball game. Someone's always sitting in your favorite spot. lol

Only floods in the spring after the melt.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Forgot to ask, who's NL are you growing? I've got Northernlights seeds from Peak I'll be popping in the near future.

St. Phatty

Good cover is an essential if you plan on 'landing the fish' (harvesting the crop).

That means, less light than if the plants were sitting in the middle of the garden.

Generally, Indica plants can do better with less light than Sativa plants.

Indica-dom under forest cover, Sativa-dom for the legal plants ? (if you have that option)

green404

Pictures of guerilla grows, and pictures of Monster outdoor plants begs the question...

Are you better off growing 50 gorilla style with minimal babysitting, or 5 in well prepared holes and tended to regularly?

Around here it is dry and water is a big issue.

Law Enforcement will usually ignore of chop down a few plants and forget about it the next day.
When they find a big field they call the DEA and start doing surveillance. Their goal is to bust the field and the people at harvest or right before. It makes a good show for them.

Their has been a few massive grows by Mexican cartels get busted the last few years, 1000+ plants.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I'm close to a holler that water will run out of when it rains and a few days after. These some good rich black soil around the sides I'm prolly gonna dig up and move a few hundred yds away to my plots....that's kinda going to help and the Mtns side is on a southern slope too. I'm really worried about helicopters,thieves,and animals as pretty much everybody has to deal with....I'm getting a later than normal start on most of my crop I'm kinda waiting on a few seed orders to arrive!!!!!

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Pulling the trigger :shooty:

View Image

Dig deep, then reverse to keep the soil in the hole.
View Image
View Image

Took two weeks to get the holes dug in all the spots, but now they're done and amended.
Two weeks to go before the first seedlings go in their final homes.

But it's not all cheese and crackers. Blistered, black fly and mosquito bites by the thousands (had to take benadryl to bring the swelling down), and a fucking bitch tick.

Interesting observation: Even though I'm using Fish/Blood/Bone meal in the amendments, only one hole has been dug up.

(Mental note: Don't put your jacket down on the ground. Hang it on a tree or bush where nothing can crawl into it. Oh, and bring drinking water next time you idiot!)

I have one of those exact same auger bits. I used to use it to help "start" holes and it did a very fine job. Now I use it to mix my soils and once i get all my amendments thrown into my holes, I use it to mix the holes up real well.

I didnt know you had a thread Tycho, gonna follow for sure and wish you the best of luck this year brother!

Are you only growing and focusing on those 2 strains gg4 and NL?

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Pictures of guerilla grows, and pictures of Monster outdoor plants begs the question...

Are you better off growing 50 gorilla style with minimal babysitting, or 5 in well prepared holes and tended to regularly?

Yield?
Taste?

^This would depend most entirely on genetics, id say do both...some well hidden deep rooting trees and a few sea of green patches, can fit 36 plants in 2 gal pots in a 6x6 area and harvest in 60 days force flowered.

Generally, Indica plants can do better with less light than Sativa plants.

Indica-dom under forest cover, Sativa-dom for the legal plants ? (if you have that option)

Source softsecrets:

indica family, which traditionally come from that part of the world:Afghanistan, India, Pakistan, Nepal, etc.

There is a reason that such plants are very dark green (due to their mountainous origin), with large palmate leaves: this allows them to convert as little sunlight as possible into as much growth energy as needed. Buds are dense and large, a result of tightly-spaced internodes – an evolutionary defence mechanism that enables the plant to stay warm in cold or high-altitude settings. Large, dense buds also keep the seeds warm and protected, encouraging new generations to flourish.

Sativas originate from hot and humid tropical environments near the equator and adapted to resist heat and mold.

They grow tall and stretchy, the leaves are long and thin fingered and are light green. Especially equatorial varieties which have less chlorophyll and more yellow pigments in order to protect the plant from intense light, temperate varieties are darker green. Long internode spacing and airy buds allow optimal airflow to stay dry and cool.

Last edited:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I have one of those exact same auger bits. I used to use it to help "start" holes and it did a very fine job. Now I use it to mix my soils and once i get all my amendments thrown into my holes, I use it to mix the holes up real well.

I didn't know you had a thread Tycho, gonna follow for sure and wish you the best of luck this year brother!

Are you only growing and focusing on those 2 strains gg4 and NL?
Thanks MB. Best of luck to you too!

Yup, I had to join. Winter was really long for me, and it looked like you guys were having such a blast growing! :biggrin:

I have a smaller auger to use at planting time if needed. The first batch of autos are going in next week.

That's the bulk, but I have about 50 others. Kali Mist, Chemdog, Revolver, Blue Dream, and popcorn seeds from a grow I stumbled on end of last November that were still thriving after four hard frosts! A proven winter strain if you ask me (freezland??).

Honduran Trash bag seed I got in Honduras never germinated. Awesome dope. I had a pound of Honduran seeds that never made it past the border, but I'm trying a few other routes. I'll get the bastards eventually.

Sativas originate from hot and humid tropical environments near the equator and adapted to resist heat and mold.

They grow tall and stretchy, the leaves are long and thin fingered and are light green. Especially equatorial varieties which have less chlorophyll and more yellow pigments in order to protect the plant from intense light, temperate varieties are darker green. Long internode spacing and airy buds allow optimal airflow to stay dry and cool.

Thanks. Sativas are more time consuming to harvest for me. You should see how interspersed the Honduran Trash was when I saw it growing on the island. I'd take a pass on it, but it's the best high I've ever had. Ever see the movie "Limitless"? Well, that's pretty close to the effect it has on me. Not a stone, it was a crystal clear and clean high, lets me filter our all the noise, not fucked up at all, and energising as hell, and not so strong (10% thc? Typical for a landrace I think). I'm a lightweight and can get a great buzz smelling a plant and one good toke can get me ripped. But I smoked half a joint, when diving on the reef wall and tried to catch fish with my hands while I was feeding them (fuckers wouldn't let me go on the shark dive because I'm not certified yet. lol).

But I'll probably get a tent and grow it indoor because I'm told it takes 6-7 months from seed and I don't know if I can grow it here outdoor. But growing indoor requires a skill set I don't have yet. It's like asking a beef farmer to be a dairy farmer. Same domain, but totally different if you want to do it right.

Last edited:

St. Phatty

Actually, ticks and black widow spiders LOVE trees & bushes.

Got bitten by a deer tick a week ago, my first taste of something like Lyme disease. (= antibiotics)

Got bitten by a Black Widow 2 years ago. It was definitely not on the ground. Might have been on a shovel I rested on my shoulder. Was bitten on the neck.

You need to use sealed plastic bags to keep your jacket etc. bug-free.

Also, it's wise to assume there are bugs on you when you get home. = strip naked & shower or bath, wash and inspect all the clothes you wore.

My personal record for ticks is 6. Went to a clinic for that. All on the upper body. Happened during a weekly visit to a guerrilla grow.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Actually, ticks and black widow spiders LOVE trees & bushes.

Got bitten by a deer tick a week ago, my first taste of something like Lyme disease. (= antibiotics)

Got bitten by a Black Widow 2 years ago. It was definitely not on the ground. Might have been on a shovel I rested on my shoulder. Was bitten on the neck.

You need to use sealed plastic bags to keep your jacket etc. bug-free.

Also, it's wise to assume there are bugs on you when you get home. = strip naked & shower or bath, wash and inspect all the clothes you wore.

My personal record for ticks is 6. Went to a clinic for that. All on the upper body. Happened during a weekly visit to a guerrilla grow.
No bad spiders here, but we have ticks, and it's a bad year for them. I have a washer/dryer and washroom with a shower in the back summer kitchen (older farm house, so it was a standard feature) where I strip and everything gets washed right away. Wife is pretty meticulous when it come to bringing shit in the house from the outdoors. I sweat like a bush hog when out in the field, so the shower is always a welcomed relief. Found the tick on my arm getting undressed. Didn't tell the wife 'cause she'd make me go to the doctor's office, or at the very least make me eat kale or some other shit. lol

St. Phatty

No bad spiders here, but we have ticks, and it's a bad year for them

The infection for the deer tick was much bigger when it was alive.

I used a needle-nose pliars to grab onto the back half of its body gently.

I spent about 5 minutes gently grabbing and pulling it, trying not to rip it in half.

Which is what I ended up doing.

Very interesting, when I had the head of a dead tick in me, the infection went down.

I had always heard, that's how you get blood poisoning (I guess basically another term for an infection your body is having trouble fighting.)

I suggest having antibiotics as a household item. Although I'm an American and have to deal with American style medical care.

Maybe in Canada it's easier to go to a doctor and be prescribed antibiotics for a tick bite.

Maple_Flail

No bad spiders here, but we have ticks, and it's a bad year for them. I have a washer/dryer and washroom with a shower in the back summer kitchen (older farm house, so it was a standard feature) where I strip and everything gets washed right away. Wife is pretty meticulous when it come to bringing shit in the house from the outdoors. I sweat like a bush hog when out in the field, so the shower is always a welcomed relief. Found the tick on my arm getting undressed. Didn't tell the wife 'cause she'd make me go to the doctor's office, or at the very least make me eat kale or some other shit. lol

Eh.. don't mean to alarm you, but in your neck of the woods there are Wolf spiders, Brown recluses, and Black Widows...

Good friend in Kingston has mentioned in recent years increases in Wolf's and recluses.

I suggest having antibiotics as a household item. Although I'm an American and have to deal with American style medical care.

Maybe in Canada it's easier to go to a doctor and be prescribed antibiotics for a tick bite.

Yup, provided you have atleast a nearly valid health card. even without prescription benefits these medications are quite reasonable on par with a small or medium size bottle of generic aspirin.. also 9/10 times the hospital will just send you home with enough medication assuming you will be back if it doesn't get better.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Ticks get really bad down south. Carry Lyme's disease and all sorts of shit. I have this special tool specifically for removing ticks. A buddy and I were fishing back in the tall grass and woods and were completely covered in them when we got back to camp. Freaking nightmare.