What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New England Garage 8kw DEVA's, 54k btu, 32 plant, Ebb buckets coco top feed dtw

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Tagged up for this show. I think I'm going to switch my ebb n flow bucket system to a dtw coco as I get a better final product in my coco room than my bucket room.

p0opstlnksal0t

Well Im rethinking running the mini splits for now. I think in the beginning I will run my 12x48 scrubber and 12" 1700cfm fan with and a pair of HVAC dampers. when thermostat kicks on the dampers will go from circulation in the room to exhaust outside. In combination with running my Deva lights which auto-dim to maintain temps i think I should have enough capacity to cool the room. its starting to be in the low 50-60's now at night in S. Maine. I will no longer be running a sealed room right now, I will be running vented until I design a proper efficient cooling system. I want to play around with a DIY geothermal exchanger method in the near future. maybe running a horizontal slinky 5-6 feet down on the side lot. use a few radiators/fans inside the grow room with antifreeze pumping through the slinky loops and to exchange the heat. Id like to come up with something because I dont think I will be able to run CO2 in the vent/cooled room.

p0opstlnksal0t

So I went to Famco and had some 12" 120v Dampers made. one is Normally Open (NO) and the other is Normally Closed (NC). my 12x48 scrubber will hang near the center of the room from the ceiling. Ill attache the fan to the scrubber and past the fan Ill run a 12" "Wye" and One damper on either end of the Y connection. the NC damper will get ducted out as the room exhaust the NO damper will not be ducted and will be open in the room. My thermostat will energize (powering both dampers) when interior temps reach 81 degrees and de-energize when temps get back down to 75 degrees. this will essentially take the scrubbed air from recirculating to exhausting when the t-stat energizes. my other t-stat will be used for low temp heating. because the temps get pretty cold up here in ME, ill need to add a space heater that will keep the room warm when lights are off.
https://www.famcomfg.com/products/hvac-damper/motorized-zone-dampers.html

adc_1_1_1.jpg

Im using 2 Auber Instruments WIFI Temp/Humidity controllers. http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=37&products_id=642

1 will be set for low temp/heater power on and low humidity humidifier power on
the other will be set to high temp exhaust damper power on and high Humidity Dehumidifier power on.

I also picked up a BlueLab Guardian Connect wifi monitor (how would I set the probes in a 275g reservoir? should i build a floating foam cradle to house the sensors so it raises/lowers with the water level?
guardian-monitor-connect-front.jpg

I have 2 sensor push Temp/RH sensor but I will probable pick up a few more and a wifi gateway to monitor my Clone/seed tent down in the basement as well.

I should be finishing up with insulating walls this weekend. I have it all framed up and wired up now.

p0opstlnksal0t

Fall has hit us but temps still manage to be in the high 60's low 70's here...

Attachments

• 20171008_171243.jpg
    20171008_171243.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 20171008_171220.jpg
    20171008_171220.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 20171008_101514.jpg
    20171008_101514.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 20171001_114615.jpg
    20171001_114615.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 20170930_160151.jpg
    20170930_160151.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 7
  • FB_IMG_1508931320519.jpg
    FB_IMG_1508931320519.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 7

p0opstlnksal0t

Im doing quite a bit different things this go around then im used to. im used to growing vertically in coliseums in closets down south. usually bare bulbs grows with plants scrog'd vertically around the bulb. Now i'm running a flat grow with some DE's which ive never grown with.

I also need to decide if I Scrog wall to wall manipulating the screen around the edges and middle to defoliate or clean up plants along the way... see EPIC DJM coco tree's thread:
Garden fence is a huge pain in the ass to install , as well as to harvest plants from. When I chop , I cut each plant out of the canopy, cutting the trellis it has grown into..No way to do that with garden fence. Ive tried it in other set ups, huge pita. I also don't have walk ways or isles. My canopy is wall to wall, back to front. 32 feet long by 11 feet wide. There would be no way to effectively install and use garden fence with frames for a canopy of that size, and be able to easily extract the plants from it come harvest time , plus be able to reuse the fence..I use a double layered trellis. Some strains prefer a triple layered trellis..Depending on the strain, ill put a triple layer. However, most of the time I prefer a double layer..As come flush time the colas begin to lean over, making the canopy look un even, sure, but also allows light to get down to other areas of the lower canopy for the last few weeks. It really depends on the strain though

Desert Hydro

Veteran
that half pallet of DEVAs made my peepee tingle. ive got one on the way with their lighting controller. if all goes well i am gonna switch over and sell all my old stuff.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
are you using that generator to supply power constantly or just in case situations?? i was looking into a natural gas generator but im not sure about all that yet.

p0opstlnksal0t

that half pallet of DEVAs made my peepee tingle. ive got one on the way with their lighting controller. if all goes well i am gonna switch over and sell all my old stuff.

This will be my first experience with DE lights. Hopefully I can balance the heat output at 1150w and the environmental controllers. I'll run lights during nighttime since this the the coldest time up here. During lights off I'll have to supplement with some electric heaters.

are you using that generator to supply power constantly or just in case situations?? i was looking into a natural gas generator but im not sure about all that yet.

The generator is a propane run backup only. We lose power a lot here in southern Maine. It's way cheaper to power this grow with grid power. Next year if I have enough saved up for a detached garage shop build I'll try to get commercial power out to it. Electricity is much cheaper this way.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
If you use dehumidifiers you might not need space heaters at lights off. I use no added heat in my unheated barn in Michigan. The dehueys keep it in the mid to upper 60's lights out and I run my lights during the day.

p0opstlnksal0t

So I'll be running gg4 in the first run. I'll use it to test and tune. Picked up some clean cuts today and I'll start multiplying them out over the next few weeks. I'll run 4x per light.

The turkey colony was out when I got back from Lowes. Must be 20-30 of em. They don't even budge now when I walk around outside.

I decided I'm going to do 1" foam on the ceiling before sheathing then I'm going to bow in cellulose on top. Probably a good 18" or so

Attachments

• 20171028_171802.jpg
    20171028_171802.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 20171028_171844.jpg
    20171028_171844.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 20171028_171903.jpg
    20171028_171903.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 20171028_175940.jpg
    20171028_175940.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 20171028_175944.jpg
    20171028_175944.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG 0248
    IMG 0248
    75.8 KB · Views: 25
  • 20171028_170359.jpg
    20171028_170359.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 8
This looks awesome! Congratulations on your new home and build. I am stoked to see the ducting you are using to vent/circulate room air with your carbon filter. Im running a sealed room right now that I want to be able to vent a few times during lights out and will be installing a very similar setup with my carbon filter/circulation fan and the wye fitting with the powered valve on it. Good luck!

Mr Blah

Usually the turkeys are no where to be seen during hunting season around my house. All other times I am chasing them all over.:biggrin:

p0opstlnksal0t

We've got plenty of deer and turkey here that's for sure. They've raided the remnants of the previous owners garden out back.

I am contemplating putting a few hvac return grills on the interior garage facing wall where I can utilize to standard central ac filters for intake air into the room. Maybe put them low on the wall so the air flow pattern sucks in low and carries heat upward toward the carbon scrubber. The intake air will get pulled in from the non insulated portion of the garage. The air will have to make it in from the soffits lining the garage roof. This kind of makes the uninsulated portion of the garage a non sealed lung room where the humidity is a few point lower than that of the fresh air from outside.

Latest posts

Latest posts