What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hail Hydro 2.0: New Beginnings

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
the 2 seeds that at least cracked still haven't broken through the coco. I just fluffed the coco and they appear still born

so I dropped 6 of my cross:Blueberry Cheesecake seeds pollinated with G13

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
4/6 new seeds cracked, 2 with vg taproots. 3 have been moved to coco inserts

Roughly 7 weeks ago, I started new seeds to test the O2G emitter, but by all rights they should have died long ago Seems the O2G saved this grow

3/4 plants started showing pistils yesterday; the male started developing coconuts a few days ago. I moved it outside this morning as I need the room in my starter tote

I will be making a fresh batch of nutes this morning

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
One from my newest seed drop is already 2" tall, another is working its way out of the coco, and a 3rd hasn't cleared the coco yet

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
UPDATE

Until I double wrapped the mist pump in nylon I was unclogging the mist heads every couple hours. And if I left for 5+ hours I would come back to find roots suffering VERY BADLY!

Somehow the plants survived, and have no reason to look as good as they do, other than because of the O2G. I mean how in hell can the plants look so healthy with such miniscule root systems?

4/6 of my seeds (Blueberry Cheesecake/G13 male) popped within 24/48 hours (the one in the pic looks ready to pop out) using the same technique as I did with the super expensive seeds: not one cracked!

Can you imagine spending $1k+ and trying to explain that to the seller

View attachment 474751 View attachment 474752

View attachment 474753 View attachment 474754

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I finally added more mist heads in expectation of broadening the coverage to the roots. One of the plants started losing its lower leaves, the net pot was dry, dry, dry, partially due to clogging

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
UPDATE

When I added more mist heads I simply used longer pvc which made the pump unstable. To compensate I replaced the end cap with a leg. I didn't realize thaat the leg had a mist hole drilled, so when I tested it, water came squirting out. I plugged it with a different mister (rainhead) and I THINK it is acting as a pressure release, expelling would be mineral salts that were clogging the mist heads

My brain remains in total disconnect between the amount o roots vs the size of the 3 plants.

Now getting some new roots growth and lateral roots (root hairs). This is from the plant in front!

It has to be the O2G

View attachment 475519 ] View attachment 475520

View attachment 475521 View attachment 475522

View attachment 475523

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
FYI: After posting the pictures yesterday, i noticed how much bigger the newer primary leafs are, even though the new roots are barely sticking out of the net pots

I added a gallon of fresh mixed Emerald Harvest nutes

I moved one of the 2 O2G emitters to the babies DIY bubbler a couple weeks ago.

My reason for buying the 2020 (it has 2 emitters). allows me to put them in separate ~3.5 gallon rezes

Yes, it's definite overkill in my <3 gallon bubbler, but I doubt it hurts anything. These babies 'seem' to be developing 3r leaf set a lot faster then normal

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yesterday I defoled most of the older primary leafs, leaving a few near the top of each plant

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The 3 babies look to be males, so I just dropped 7 Indicia seeds that I crossed from 12/2011

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
UPDATE

I had to dump nutes, clean the filters, and make fresh nutes because a freakin' mosquito got into the rez. Been swat zapping mosquitoes all morning

2 days ago I dropped 7 seeds in water. All of them cracked, gave them another 24 hours for the tap root to stick out, and planted them in coco pellets this morning

One of things I overlooked when putting this pvc manifold together was aligning the mist heads directly below the net pots. Now it should not have been critical as when the mist heads aren't clogged, they throw a wide spray

View attachment 476295 View attachment 476296

View attachment 476297 View attachment 476298 View attachment 476299

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
So far, in just 4 days, 6/7 popped seeds have broken ground :cool:

Roots are developing in all 3 flowering plants

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just added 2 gallons mixed with Emerald Harvest bloom nutes + enzymes + yucca= 750ppm, up from 500ppm

Considering how well bud development is at 500, it will be interesting to see how much more they blow up

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
My organic coco coir bricks arrived. Man they swell up big with warm water

side filled all 6 of the babies