What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best frankincense smelling strain you can buy now?

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Kali mist and Nevilles Haze seem to get recommended a lot but not sure if that's relevant to the 'newer' seed versions. I'd bloody love a frankincense smoke!

both are incense, but i highly doubt you will find frankincense there. Neville´s haze is full of NL phenos. so to find good haze + plus with that frankincense that is really pungent, will be very hard. kali mist is sweet incense and no basement funk...

did anybody read this thread?

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=103767

Spaventa

Veteran
Agreed, hence why I haven't followed it up too much. Limited space here. But if something shows up with a more frequent showing of the Frank, I'll def give it a shot.

Cant remember where but a guy posted in a recent thread that he grew out 3 of the current Kali Mist from Serious and they were all 3 frankincense. He seemed legit from the what he said.

Spaventa

Veteran
Im looking thru 3 seed moms of Kali Mist from a recent Serious Seeds purchase. All 3 have that church incense smell. I'm not sure how close to frankincense that may be...

Were they the fems or regulars? Im buying

nksv - thanks :)

M

maliali

Mnshine Haze,NLxHAZE,SilverHaze both from sensi. And Somas Amnesia Haze. ON fems i recomand golden haze from devil harvest.

Spaventa

Veteran
The old Nevilles I was offered isn't happening so its seeds for sure now.

Ive seen a few people say they tried MNS Nevilles and and found no frankincense. One guy ran 4 packets of a couple of their strains and nothing. Has anyone grown the GHS Nevilles Haze fems? I KNOW their regular line from early 2000s was amazing, frankincense in every plant.

Mns hazes are a shit shoot, I know because I have and have grown nev haze, multpile packs of ssh, nl5xhaze, mango haze, and nevilles haze x mango.

The truly excellent phenos are not abundant, lots of crap, and the piff / Frankie might be there but it is extremely rare.

The buds I posted above are from barneys grinspoon which is rumored to be made from an old nevilles haze from the dam.

It is the closest thing I have seen in 10 years to a plant that produces buds of that nature.

Although it is now discontinued, also that is a very rare grinspoon pheno, it finishes in 70 days but has an ass kicking sativa high and sativa looks.

I suspect what ever grinspoon is it is some sort of hybrid, like nevilles.

Incense isn't necessarily frankinscence.

Frankiscense is very unique and used at catholic church.

Incense could be anything, schrom, and central American sativas smell like incense but it's not frankinscence.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Grin spoon cameras in the back of my mind when I first saw that pic but couldn't remember the name .. That pheno u got there looks much better then what I grew out many years back .. I had phenos that grew the tiniest buds like beads all over the place , almost no nuggage and long flower... Excellent high ..to find a 70day pheno that grows buds u got some luck mang..

biRdman )

Incense isn't necessarily frankinscence.

Frankiscense is very unique and used at catholic church.

Incense could be anything, schrom, and central American sativas smell like incense but it's not frankinscence.

Yep. Never Witnessed what frankensense ACTUALLY is ... .Still "Sure" jossticks/incense weren't one of the 3 Gifts
Gold-Frankensense and myre.
---
Just saying ( from over there!) ... why is decieded this sound Angers, dude ? !

Last edited:

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Cant remember where but a guy posted in a recent thread that he grew out 3 of the current Kali Mist from Serious and they were all 3 frankincense. He seemed legit from the what he said.
Kali Mist tastes like pyrethrins, a very floraly type flavor. (I personally find it disgusting) Is the real Kali frankincense and my experience just tainted with inferior specimens? I have frankincense oil and it smells nothing like the Kali-Mist I've been subjected to.

Happy Times

Just noticed this one at A++itude

Connoisseur genetics- the 90's haze

NL5/haze x SSSDH. Frankincense in the description.

hazefreak

The nl5/hz used is supposed to be one of neviles own selection from the 90s I believe.

Not sure sssdh is right choice depends on the pheno used...

Spaventa

Veteran

I did come across that one not long ago there was a thread but not seen any smoke reports from people who grew it yet. Ive bought and grown several strains because the description said Incense but didn't find any.

I think there are some people who mean something else. When people start saying the plants or dried buds smell of incense I know we are not on the same wavelength. I'm talking purely about the Hazy, musky, woody funk that fills the air around you like church incense WHEN ITS BURNING.
The terpenes and other volatiles are only part of it - its the smoke that has to smell like incense burning.

In over 20 years of growing I've only seen it properly in 3 strains so I suspect many just don't get it because they never had it. Breeders claiming it in plants that don't deliver gradually redefines the reference, adding to the confusion. If you've had Nevilles Haze from at least 2003 or older, a pre 98 Kali Mist or a really good Jack Herer you will know exactly what we are talking about.

Bud_Man10

Veteran
Kali Mist tastes like pyrethrins, a very floraly type flavor. (I personally find it disgusting) Is the real Kali frankincense and my experience just tainted with inferior specimens? I have frankincense oil and it smells nothing like the Kali-Mist I've been subjected to.

I think you must have been subjected to poor, 'latter day' specimens D.C...old skool Kali rocks in 'all' departments!

Peace
BM

Last edited:

Happy Times

The nl5/hz used is supposed to be one of neviles own selection from the 90s I believe.

Not sure sssdh is right choice depends on the pheno used...

I'm a fan of the old NL5/Hz, was fortunate to puff some of the Fort Collins Cough #1 in mid-late 90's which I think was NL/Hz and then a friend in college went to Amsterdam and brought back beans from Sensi (late 90's). Her first time growing was with these beans, chemical hydro and little to no flush at the end from what I remember and the buds were still kick ass smoke. Musky haze bite that is such a classic flavor.

So yeah, don't know about the SSSDH part, haven't had the opportunity to experience this one yet, but some high hopes on the NL5/Hz side.

Latest posts

Latest posts