What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Please PM me your personal experience with CHS Cannabis Hyperemesis Syndrome

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Totally understand how it is. I'm out of my own grown and have been dealing with neem off and on again. Massive pain though? My memory is not that great yet, have you been tested for H.Pylori? If not, definitely get that done a.s.a.p.!

Looks full male to me. I'd start picking off the flowers about to burst open, you can easily spot them from the stretch/stripes which begin to form as they're getting bigger. Once you're picking off 30-40 a day, I'd grind it up and eat it. It's beneficial on it's own, and I've found eating the pollen sacks reduces my allergies to pollen.

On the other hand, if the strain is something you want to keep, you can collect and store the pollen for later. The STS link in my sig has info on how to collect, dry and store pollen for 10+ years. Do you really know if you'll want this pollen a few years from now? ;)

Gimpy

Thanks a lot. I might try rolling up some fan leaves for a buzz or try eating it like you said.

Yeah in my city you have two choices: PGR weed and neem weed. The neem weed will get you stoned but then you get that awful neck and back pain, with the serious stomach cramps in the morning (or worse). Aza wrecks the medicinal properties... its not worth it for me. I really wish more people knew about this. I'm pretty sure PGRs (the headaches and teeth pain) are straight up illegal in legal states like Colorado.

Also, I tested the light method on my concentrates with neem used in the soil (realistically he probably uses azamax/azatrol too). It didn't work and I got just as sick. Maybe I didn't make the wax thin enough.

Douglas.Curtis

:( Sorry to hear your results were not useful. It's a total grey area for me, so I'm also interested in any 'success' feedback on that.

Shellshellkan2

I’m trying to get information about chs. My 20 year old son has been diagnosed last year and is going through a spell atm. Went to the ER last night and he was given a Benadryl shot and he hasn’t vomited since. He’s actually wanting me to go get some Benadryl now. April of last year he had a vomiting spell that lasted for 28 days. He refused to stop smoking and eventually stopped. August he was vomiting for about 14 days. This time it’s been a week and the capsicum cream helped for a awhile and he smoked and hit a pen and we went to the er last night. He’s asthmatic I might mention and both of his lungs collapsed in October of 2018. He had 6% lung flow. He was hospitalized for 28 days. Chest tube ventilator and all. His last week in hospital he was recovering and started the vomiting the whole last week in hospital and it continued a week after he was released. He was of course not smoking at this time but started smoking and he then was able to stop vomiting and eat. So when he started the vomiting again in April of 2018 that’s when they diagnosed him with the chs. I don’t encourage him to smoke but I can’t stop him either. He has heart burn issues since he was about 15. Any suggestions or insight would be greatly appreciated. He believes smoking weed helps his appetite

MindEater

He has heart burn issues since he was about 15. Any suggestions or insight would be greatly appreciated. He believes smoking weed helps his appetite

He probably started smoking on chemical trash weed at 15. Alot of the garbage gives heartburn-like symptoms. 2 out of the last 3 legal grows I tried did.

Douglas.Curtis

I’m trying to get information about chs. My 20 year old son has been diagnosed last year and is going through a spell atm. Went to the ER last night and he was given a Benadryl shot and he hasn’t vomited since. He’s actually wanting me to go get some Benadryl now.
This is a strong indicator his reaction (at least this time) is allergy related. There are a number of things and conditions which can cause similar vomiting symptoms. Try to identify as many symptoms as possible from each 'spell.' It's important to identify you're looking at the same problem each time.

I would definitely get benadryl and activated charcoal pills. The benadryl to keep the nausea and vomiting at bay, and the charcoal pills for absorbing any neem/azadirachtin if that's the base issue. It's generally recommended to start with one charcoal pill a day for a week, then go to 2. 2 is the maximum you'll need, because more is too much for your digestive system. Over time it will slowly draw out the poisons it can absorb from the body.

April of last year he had a vomiting spell that lasted for 28 days. He refused to stop smoking and eventually stopped (vomiting??).
Was there a change in his source of cannabis at this time? New source, strain, harvest? How much does he know about how his cannabis is being grown, harvested and handled?

August he was vomiting for about 14 days. This time it’s been a week and the capsicum cream helped for a awhile and he smoked and hit a pen and we went to the er last night. He’s asthmatic I might mention and both of his lungs collapsed in October of 2018. He had 6% lung flow. He was hospitalized for 28 days. Chest tube ventilator and all.
The quality of cannabis for sale in the united states is disgustingly poor and unhealthy, especially for people with lung issues. My wife has used clean cannabis for her asthma and RADs control, and done so has for decades. Commercial cannabis is russian roulette for her, depending on the source.

I seriously recommend prioritizing the finding of a clean supply of cannabis. HEPA filtered, cleanly grown, zero pesticide grows. With a condition this severe, someone in the family should be growing, even if it's only on a micro/stealth scale. Did you know you can grow cannabis in a 1 foot by 1 foot by 2 foot space? Micro Grows

His last week in hospital he was recovering and started the vomiting the whole last week in hospital and it continued a week after he was released. He was of course not smoking at this time but started smoking and he then was able to stop vomiting and eat.
So he was 'not' smoking during this time, yet still had vomiting issues? Are you absolutely sure he didn't sneak a vape hit or something? If he seriously did not touch cannabis during this time, the vomiting most likely be from a different issue.

So when he started the vomiting again in April of 2018 that’s when they diagnosed him with the chs.
Was there any change in the source of the cannabis? Did the symptoms start after picking up a new batch of cannabis, possibly up to a week later? Neem/aza builds up in the body over time, especially if you're ingesting a lot of it.

I don’t encourage him to smoke but I can’t stop him either. He has heart burn issues since he was about 15. Any suggestions or insight would be greatly appreciated. He believes smoking weed helps his appetite
The heartburn issue points to a food choice issue. Is there a specific food or type of food they started eating, or stopped eating about then? Removing food as a potential issue can help dramatically when trying to diagnose a problem. I strongly advise anyone with issues to follow the blood type method of food choices. Though it is not perfect, it works significantly better for 'all people' than the alternatives I've researched the last 2 decades. Find our blood types and look up your food choices here Typebase5

Make sure he gets tested for H.Pylori. The vomiting continuing for weeks can be from both the continued use of aza/neem products and H.Pylori messing with the digestion. So if he's quitting cannabis for 2 weeks, yet still vomiting for 2 weeks, I would strongly suspect an H.Pylori infection. Very easy to get rid of, but I would skip the proton pump inhibitor they prescribe. Just the anti-biotics, followed each time 45 minutes later by fermented foods for your blood type, and/or a good quality pro-biotic product.

As far as I'm aware, CHS (true CHS) is directly related to ingesting THC. Generally, you would have a problem with CHS every time you used cannabis with more than a little THC. This does not sound like his issue, since he'd be vomiting all the time he was using.

To me, it definitely sounds like an aza/neem issue with the cannabis. The true test is to get or grow clean cannabis, cannabis which you know was grown in clean soil, with clean water, and zero pesticides. Should he be able to use all of that without issues, I would predict a nearly zero percent of CHS being the issue.

Hope he gets better soon, and gets access to clean cannabis a.s.a.p! :huggg:

Douglas.Curtis

On a side note... I've run across one reference where the individuals swear the cannabis is clean, yet now they and their roomate and a relative are also experiencing CHS issues.

Is it possible the neem/aza and/or CHS related issues be from a change in digestive flora? I've read studies tying peanut and other allergies to the lack of specific bacteria in the stomach. This makes me wonder whether or not (if it is a bacterial thing) there's something in the food supply impacting a small percentage of people? Could it possibly be a bacteria or virus which 'only' impacts gut bacteria responsible for THC/aza absorption or processing?

Just putting this out there, in case anyone else has seen additional info down this rabbit hole.

Shellshellkan2

The weed he is smoking is from local shops this go round. He was tested for allergies as a child and was extremely allergic to a lot of trees and different weeds. Pecan trees being one and he had always eaten pecans before then. Is the charcoal pills Over the counter? I’m almost to where I don’t even trust doctors anymore where he is concerned. Even when I was pregnant was told he would only be 2 pounds with ultrasounds twice a week for last three months and he was born 7 pounds

Shellshellkan2

I don’t know all the names of the testing he was given but last year he did have a test to see if he had a parasite. I got him the Benadryl and he is feeling better again today. We live in Oklahoma and the time he was hospitalized he was in Florida. He had turned 18 then and was living the party life smoking hella dabs. Back in April he did do a hit of acid while sick and shortly after that is when his symptoms quit. I’ve read that halperidol was used in a case and they hadn’t had any more visits from that person in the er.

Douglas.Curtis

I don't know what happened, but I seemed to have missed these updates when you posted them. My apologies. Very glad to hear he's doing better, the charcoal pills are definitely over the counter.

I've read a lot of bad things about haloperidol, so I wouldn't be surprised if someone decided not to come back for more. Everyone is different though.

Ok, so he's gone lengths of time using mass quantities of cannabis. This suggests to me his issue is probably not THC related. If you can pick up some THC isolate 99.9% pure, you can easily test for CHS. Vaping a few milligrams should trigger at least suggestions of an issue. If he can vape THC isolate without issues he doesn't have CHS, and his issue is going to be azadirachtin from neem oil.

Nasty sulfur burps after smoking for a while? That would make me suspect as well, yes.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I’m wondering if I’ve had a reaction to neem myself. I’ve always gotten nasty sulfur burps.

That's a sure sign your gut flora is unbalanced.

Sulfur burps are typically caused by one of the following: Something a person ate: Hydrogen sulfide gas is produced when bacteria in the oral cavity and gastrointestinal tract break down food. This can result in foul-smelling burps or flatulence.

Douglas.Curtis

That's a sure sign your gut flora is unbalanced.

Sulfur burps are typically caused by one of the following: Something a person ate: Hydrogen sulfide gas is produced when bacteria in the oral cavity and gastrointestinal tract break down food. This can result in foul-smelling burps or flatulence.
Exactly correct. Since this happens EVERY time I use neem/aza tainted cannabis, I'd say it's having a direct impact on gut flora. When I take a toke of strongly tainted cannabis, I literally get gut grumbling within minutes. Fortunately, at that level of contamination it really smells and I avoid it. Took a while to associate that smell with aza/neem, but I'm aware of it now.
:tiphat:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had gut flora episodes returning to Reno, NV several times just visiting. Did not affect me while I lived in Reno 1989-1990. Very uncomfortable. Made me understand the value of clean water (drank bottled water in Reno, have PUR filter and Big Berkey for water sources I drink or cook with) and pre/probiotics!

Gimpy

I don't know what happened, but I seemed to have missed these updates when you posted them. My apologies. Very glad to hear he's doing better, the charcoal pills are definitely over the counter.

I've read a lot of bad things about haloperidol, so I wouldn't be surprised if someone decided not to come back for more. Everyone is different though.

Ok, so he's gone lengths of time using mass quantities of cannabis. This suggests to me his issue is probably not THC related. If you can pick up some THC isolate 99.9% pure, you can easily test for CHS. Vaping a few milligrams should trigger at least suggestions of an issue. If he can vape THC isolate without issues he doesn't have CHS, and his issue is going to be azadirachtin from neem oil.

Nasty sulfur burps after smoking for a while? That would make me suspect as well, yes.

Yeah that haloperidol/Haldol stuff can permanently mess you up. It causes movement disorders and brain damage. All of the atypicals/typicals can cause permanent harm to the brain. A lot of people get away with it but a lot need to be on disability after antipsychotics. All you have to look up on YouTube is akathisia or tardive dyskinesia. It's not worth it.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah that haloperidol/Haldol stuff can permanently mess you up. It causes movement disorders and brain damage. All of the atypicals/typicals can cause permanent harm to the brain. A lot of people get away with it but a lot need to be on disability after antipsychotics. All you have to look up on YouTube is akathisia or tardive dyskinesia. It's not worth it.

Also, TD can result from the use of other medications that treat upset stomach, nausea, and vomiting, a bad reaction.

T

Teddybrae

Hi Douglas!
I supply cookies to assist a chronic sufferer sleep. Quarter of a cookie with 1/4 gram Mango Haze in the evening before bed and off she snores for 10 hours.

We ran out of Mango cookies and substituted same dosage cookies containing a cross of Jack Herer and Time Out which caused immediate vomiting.

This is hard to work out because we see analysis says the different varieties are of a similar THC content.

The Client is back on Mango Haze now ... but we are puzzled and wonder whether variety, and not THC content is the culprit?

Anyway ... cheers from the Land of Oz!

Douglas.Curtis

The Client is back on Mango Haze now ... but we are puzzled and wonder whether variety, and not THC content is the culprit?

Anyway ... cheers from the Land of Oz!
:tiphat:

I haven't heard that one before, but it does raise a few questions.

• No neem/aza was used in the grow?
  • No recycled soil was used from a previous grow which may have used neem/aza?
  • Same grow, harvest, extraction and edible mfg methods as the Mango Haze?

Gimpy

Hey Douglas. I was wondering... my friends have some fresh buds but they aren't entirely ready to harvest yet. You know if there's any way to get a nug or two without killing the plant? Thanks bro.

Latest posts

Latest posts