Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > TIPS, TRICKS, WEIRD HABITS or ANYTHING USEFUL!

Thread Title Search
TIPS, TRICKS, WEIRD HABITS or ANYTHING USEFUL! Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-08-2016, 06:37 AM #121
TheDank23

TheDank23 is just really niceTheDank23 is just really niceTheDank23 is just really niceTheDank23 is just really niceTheDank23 is just really niceTheDank23 is just really niceTheDank23 is just really niceTheDank23 is just really niceTheDank23 is just really niceTheDank23 is just really nice
TheDank23 has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
All this talk of gnatrol, OGbiowar (even though I use it! ).. Beneficial nematodes will take care of pretty much any fungus gnat problem like its nothing when applied correctly... Provided you address the problem ie how they got in there in the first place, and clean your room which you should already be doing daily.

Old 01-08-2016, 07:47 AM #122
chronosync
unknown clone

chronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of light
mycelium?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phases View Post
Does anyone have any tried and true ways to keep nice healthy roots in both flood and drain hydro system (using hydroton) and pots of coco.

In the coco I get huge roots but they slowly start to get brown a bit and overall don't look as healthy - it's not rot and I don't think it's the nutients staining them although this may contribute to the look. They are just looking a little sad.

So if anyone has any advice on keeping white healthy roots all the way through the run I am all ears!!!
Im not sure if this is why: but i drenched a few pots with tons of OregonismXL just because i had it laying around. It turns out i read the instructions wrong, i gave them the concentrated solurion it tells you to make instead of diluting that more to make gallons+ i thought it was a sample pack. Long story short when i checked the roots. Beatiful perfect white roots.

I havent compared them to any other plants yet because they are blooming. If it isnt because of my mistake then i dont know what is, because i havent exacyly been gentle with that one. She looks great too. I have no idea why.

Straight coco. DTW. GH nutes. No adds other than XL
chronosync is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-08-2016, 08:25 AM #123
chronosync
unknown clone

chronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of light
what if?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trichrider View Post
this is still theory so bear with me.

i grow organic perpetual. after harvest i'm faced with what to do with the stem/rootball.
no-till suggest leaving it and planting around it.
left long enough it would dissolve/rot on it's own, but with limited space i don't care to have 10 or 12 pots full of dirt sitting around waiting for the leftovers to leave.

usually i would let them go a couple weeks for the rootball to break down some and then pulll them out and plant in that hole. it seemed counter-intuitive.

so, after dabbing at the problem i believe i've a solution.

mainly i think leaving the rootball is about keeping the microlife doing their thing. that was what prompted me to leave them before....but, what if?

what if, after pulling out stem and rootball, you submerge them in water and attempt to harvest the microbes in like a tea or fpe, and then use that to innoculate your seedlings/transplants.

Thats brilliant
You would absolutely have a liquid innoculant of whatever is living there.

Without all of the dead roots taking up space.

Making a slurry including some of the colonized substrate and root bits would be great to mix in to a new batch of stuff. Like mushroom growers do with spawn for bulk production.

What jesbud decribes would be another way to get all the goods out.

What im thinking is that having bits of the colonized roots present would be beneficial. Ask anyone whos grown cubensis on coir.

Im pretty psyched about this idea! Thank You.
chronosync is online now Quote

Old 01-08-2016, 02:06 PM #124
jmk18

jmk18 is on a distinguished road
Don't ever touch your flowers while flowering with bare hands. the oil from your hands will stop the bud production.. So Wear Gloves
jmk18 is offline Quote

Old 01-08-2016, 02:21 PM #125
DoubleTripleOG
Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire

DoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmk18 View Post
Don't ever touch your flowers while flowering with bare hands. the oil from your hands will stop the bud production.. So Wear Gloves
Where did you read that? Because that's about as un-true as a statement could be.

Photosynthetically active radiation, often abbreviated PAR, designates the spectral range (wave band) of solar radiation from 400 to 700 nanometers that photosynthetic organisms are able to use in the process of photosynthesis.

I am chemically man-made like the Incredible Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangrownkush View Post
He is mad we all have the cut, supposed to be top secret nuclear bomb recipe cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy Nirvana View Post
you can't get blood out of a stone.
DoubleTripleOG is offline Quote

10 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-08-2016, 04:01 PM #126
ReikoX
Knight of the BlackSvn

ReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud of
Here is one for you, use a turkey baster to suck up runoff from hard to reach saucers.
ReikoX is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-08-2016, 04:52 PM #127
Jellyfish
Invertebrata intoxica

Jellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmk18 View Post
Yeah, that's ridiculous.
Jellyfish is offline Quote

Old 01-08-2016, 05:26 PM #128
cocktail frank
Ubiquitous

cocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant future
I have a weird habit.
I like to molest colas with my fingers and smear the sticky resin into my moustache.
This way i can smell dank all day even tho i can't smoke alot at work.
Works for me, until i actually do get high, then i wonder why the fuck i can smell weed everywhere.
Then the paranoia takes over and i think i have a bud stuck to my shirt or some pot in my pocket and i'm going to get caught.
Then i LOL when i realize what's up, because i got high.
“Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do,
every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do.
And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish,
where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!
But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money!
He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money!”

R.I.P. George Carlin
the funniest man to ever walk god's green earth.
R.I.P. Buckeye
cocktail frank is offline Quote

14 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-08-2016, 08:11 PM #129
jesbuds

jesbuds is a jewel in the roughjesbuds is a jewel in the roughjesbuds is a jewel in the roughjesbuds is a jewel in the roughjesbuds is a jewel in the roughjesbuds is a jewel in the roughjesbuds is a jewel in the rough
Reminds me of a girl I used to date that worked doing trimming for a local dispensary, she'd come home smelling wonderful .
jesbuds is offline Quote

Old 01-08-2016, 10:05 PM #130
Phases

Phases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReikoX View Post
Here is one for you, use a turkey baster to suck up runoff from hard to reach saucers.
I have eliminated the need for saucers - I build tables using plywood and black and white plastic -

I make them 3x3.5 each (fits may space). Get a peice of plywood and make the sides with 2x2s. I think cut an opening at one end about 1"x8" for the water to run off of. then I line it with plastic - staple first layer and then Original Glue the second layer. Then I put 18" legs on it and tilt it so the runoff drain those the slot I put at the one end.

I will try and get a picture because I don't think that was the greatest explanation, but now I never have to worry about saucers and since I only grow plants like 2-2.5 feet and I use cool tunes I have lots of room to still raise lights as they grow.

This makes flushing so much easier - I just have a small tote or I used car litter boxes to catch the runoff, these tables are going to be perfect for my dtw coco setup, I am thinking about building like an Eve-trough so that all 3 tables drain into the eve-trough and goes into a 20gal tore then I can just pump it out when it's filled up.

Easy peasy - what is everyone else using for dtw set ups? I have another regular 4x4 flood and drain table that I am converting - I would assume a lot of people use these for their dtw setups - but it's so much cheaper to just build your own tables.

On the other hand, if you have saucers - turkey Baster is a good idea for dealing with the runoff water.

ICE & Skunk Special - Test Grow (Current Journal)
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=344134
Phases is offline Quote