What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

commercial guerilla growing for a living..?

RoadRash

so I've been going over this in my head lately and realize how much more of a happier person growing has made me, and changed me for the better.. I recently finished trimming my first outdoor guerilla and pulled 2.08 lbs.. I understand the intensive labor needed to succeed and also realize the work needed for large scale spots with the first guerilla under my belt. I'm currently going to college for Business...... grades just dropped horrendously due to harvest just being finished and over with and have no real idea why I chose that major

Your background sounds like a good one for a Cannabis store manager or assistant manager or weekend manager.

I would finish the degree, and just do the amount of growing that you can sell risk-free (or low-risk.)

Im almost in the same boat but not in college.Im 29 3 kids mortgage and a failing business.I want to go all out indoors.Im tired of busting ass to keep my towing business alive and my truck from breaking down..

I started from the bottom and bought a old truck and spent 4k getting her right to tow.Spent 1k on insurance and every time i turn around something breaks.Since getting the truck i have replaced engine, trans,breaks,fuel pump and lines.hundreds of dollars on towing when broke down.

Long story short i havent really made a profit and i have just been getting by.I have 4x6oo hps fans filter space knowledge clones the whole get.Im currently only using one light.I am considering taking the rest of my cash and setting it all up and going for broke.

On the flip side if i was in college i wouldnt drop out to guerilla grow.1 lb easy here goes for 4k.I want to go all and get myself in a better position.Very tempting...

I know this thread is old..

One more thing for all the ppl that tried start their post down talking outdoor weed.

Just because y'all grow indoors and most of y'all fall into the nutrient groupie category, its a fuckn plant, how many of y'all ever grew a plant

On a cold sunny or cloudy winter day, your shitty ass lights dont compare to the sun..

Your contribution to this thread is incredible. It speaks for itself really.

But down here in the south,,, it aint that damn easy...

I hear you brother... pimpin ain't easy. and you the man. for real.

:laughing:

jrj205

Your contribution to this thread is incredible. It speaks for itself really.

I hear you brother... pimpin ain't easy. and you the man. for real.

:laughing:

I aint talkn sh*t, I just get tired of hearing all these ppl talk about outdoor weed like it aint shit.

Thats bs , 9x out of 10, the weed will smell & taste better grown outdoors, being able to controll the environment is the only + for a indoor grower in my book, outdoors you dont have to increase co2 because more than enough is already there, I also noticed that when most of the indoor growers I know gets mites bugs ect, they act like the world is going to end but outdoors their are natural predators, a few lady bugs & or mantis in your garden cuts the chance of you having to spray pesticides & insecticides on your ladies, but like I said in another thread, '' artificial lights dont compare to the sun", Not Even Close. Jus my 2 cents

GonBush

I wholeheartedly believe, without a doubt, that you owe everyone, including myself, a refund on the time we took to read this thread.

Thanks for the laugh.

Trippy Stix, growing it is only half the battle.
Then you have to move it.

The selling game can be a dirty business, you have to be very streetsmart so you don't get rippped off or busted or shopped to leo.
There are many swirling currents you have to understand.

I don't think you have the streetsmarts given your age and background to go around and try to move 50 pounds.
You really need to learn your trade slinging $20 deals on a streetcorner before you step up to the big league.
That will give you the ability to spot undercover leo's and a sixth sense to tell when something aint right and you should bail.

As I said, it can be a dirty business. Other sellers will shop you to leo to get rid of the competition, people you do business with can get busted and they sure as hell will "co-operate' with leo to get off, which means setting you up.
You need a sixth sense to tell when something is not right, and that only comes with experience. Better to get that experience in the little leagues than in the big league where the stakes are higher.

If you really want to do Guerrilla, then by all means do it, it's a nice healthy outdoor pursuit, sir Baden Powell would approve of it.
But start off smaller, learn your trade that way, and then having a full appreciation of what's entailed you can decide if you want to do something more ambitious.

Anyway good luck, nothing wrong with being a dreamer, they say before anything great is achieved first comes the dream.

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
grow enough for yourself, keep a 9-5, sell a fez oz's here and there to a good friends and few other people and you have a nice steady income supplement and hook them up too!... you can make a decent living like that and stay low key!

dealing with grimme dealers its a no-no in my books!

my .02 cents!

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
someone been watching cheech and chong too much lol...it can be done if your skilled ...unloading the product can be problematic if ya aint hooked up...dealing with strangers can go wrong real quick....cops and robbers/rippers....good luck its been done by many but usually with experience and an outlet

warthog

grow enough for yourself, keep a 9-5, sell a fez oz's here and there to a good friends and few other people and you have a nice steady income supplement and hook them up too!... you can make a decent living like that and stay low key!

dealing with grimme dealers its a no-no in my books!

my .02 cents!

;)

Team Microbe

Veteran
Trippy Stix -

I know pulling 2 p's from your first grow is exciting and gets you thinking bigger immediately but in this game you need to work your way up gradually, for a number of reasons. Each year we learn from our mistakes, so jumping up to such a big op would be very risky IMO. HOWEVER, knowledge is power and if you equip yourself with enough you can pull off an op or two that won't attract feds yet will still be "mortgage busters".

I would do 6 separate crops of 20-30 each if I were you. Take proven cuttings from mothers you've already flowered and tested yourself. 20-30 plants usually get chopped down and taken out, nobody stakes out small ops like those anymore. Plus, if one or two get popped then you still have hundreds of plants in other plots that are safe from harms reach.

Now let's say you have a great season and you successfully dry and harvest 50 pounds. Who are you gonna get rid of it to? Unless you've known them for years and trust them you're not going to want to do any business with them because one person can bring you down and your entire year's work. All they have to do is get popped with a gram, get offered to do a deal for the cops and in turn make a few buys off of you to nag you too. Their sentence is gone, and now they give you the same deal to work their way up the latter.

Deal with your friends, or one or two brokers that you know are cool with background checks and references from other people. It's best to deal with one or two guys than 10-20 because then you know who ratted you out and where to find your rat. This is worse case scenario though. Just be careful, if you haven't dealt weight before then don't jump into it because you'll get robbed or end up in jail if you don't step with caution.

The only way you could pull off something like growing in the bush as a job is if you didn't talk about it with anyone, not even on icmag. The guys that do this for a living have covers and real jobs that wouldn't make people think twice of what their true income is. These people have trusted brokers that are waiting to buy their product in bulk, and have a loyalty built up over years of doing this kind of thing. But that doesn't go to say you can't start that journey now. It's just one of those be careful what you wish for type of things... being a grower full time is a very lonely life. You can't trust anyone knowing what you do or where you grow, not even your family or GF. So my advice to you my friend is to aim for 10-20 pounds this year. Get rid of that slowly and you'll have a big chunk of change to get you through the year... it's no 200k but it'll build your clientele and next year will be even better. Remember, don't put all your eggs in one basket and trust nobody. Act and talk as if you're being listened to on a wire and you'll never get caught. That's the best advice I can give you.

Garhart

I would wonder it the op has had a serious conversation with someone who has spent a few years incarcerated.

Garhart ive spent years in prison its not fun.The thrill of making money is enough for some people to break the law.Ive seen doors kicked in, home invasions over some cash and bud.It is a ruthless world.People get murdered over an ounce of bud.In my neighborhood someone with 50 bricks would get picked off quick if they weren't on their toes.

50 pounds is alot.Getting 2 lbs guerilla is definately notable.Try to step up to 10 lbs more then enough to be satisfied.I dont even know if the original poster has came back yet lol!!

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Team Microbe said it best. Listen to him and you will do ok.
Grow spots and strains have to be proven over a few seasons to know for sure if a spot is a keeper for every year.
A guerilla grow can be a tota bust in 1 spot, but 10 feet over its perfect. Dont put alot of plants in 1 spot until it has proven itself. Start small and work up to it. :tiphat:

JointOperation

shit dude this guy could just veg some monsters before going outside.. and get 5 lbs a plant.. and just put out 10 monsters n u hit around 20-50 lbs.. just top the shit out of them until they have like 50 tops each.. then u toss them outside.. and tie some branches down.. and every single top. turns into a full plant pretty much..

Joint to get 5lbs a plant he would have to be in some Big smart pots fully amended in just the right spot.I doubt he could grow huge trees guerilla.Imagine hauling in all that soil?Growing 5 pound monsters doesnt happen on a whim!!

dontstepongrass

M.U.R.D.A. / FMB crew
Veteran
the logistics of pulling off a successful guerrilla grow seems to escape most people who aren't yet initiated to it. it's alot more work that most people think, and anytime you do something to make it less work on yourself, you are usually doing so at the expense of your security.

my .02

GonBush

shit dude this guy could just veg some monsters before going outside.. and get 5 lbs a plant.. and just put out 10 monsters n u hit around 20-50 lbs.. just top the shit out of them until they have like 50 tops each.. then u toss them outside.. and tie some branches down.. and every single top. turns into a full plant pretty much..

Doesn't happen like that. You don't get monster plants growng guerrilla.
The reality is you are growing in shitty soil with little water most of the time.
The reality is about 3 oz per plants.
In a dry area with little water you are looking at just over an oz per plants.
Have a look at Chimeras pics from when he went to Morrocco, that will show you how plants look when they get little water and are grown under harsh conditions.

Spoken like someone who has never done it outside.

Reality is much different, that just wont happen.

Why? Fucking bambi, thats why. :biggrin:

That and 1 million other things that could go wrong and will. Expect 1/3 of your crop to be destroyed and thats a good number.

JointOperation

say that to the 20 pounds i harvested off 4 out of the 5 plants i put out.. so.. ya my outdoor spot is great.. full sun.. from a hour after sunrise till sunset.. almost all season. dont gotta water after the roots get going..

might not be EXACTLY GUERILLA GROWING. but its outdoors.. growing on some property that isnt mine.. and i bring all my soil out the year before right after harvest. i take the atv out.. and drop off soil.. in a 7x7 or 8x8 whole we dug.. and we put camo tarp .. and then put branches and leaves and shit all over it .. so we dont have to do risk it the next season.. so far it works great.. but ya it mite not be guerilla growing.. and just putting seeds or clones in some shit soil and praying they live.. i like to make sure i get harvests..

spoken like some1 whose never yielded SHIT off an outdoor crop!