What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Outrageous HSBC Settlement Proves the Drug War is a Joke (Matt Taibbi, Rolling Stone)

quitelost

What system? We live in organized societies. Throughout human history we have had many different cultures and forms of organizing ourselves, some tribal structures did not have super rich and super poor.

It is what it is doesn't cut it for me, we can and have done better than this. Are you suggesting that the hyper consumerist, egocentric culture we live in doesn't effect how we treat others and is the end all be all? Societies cannot evolve because we are animals? Putting the material first before the welfare of others doesn't have negative effects?

quitelost

Do you expect me to discuss sweets and hugs in a thread where the op posted a story that underlines the systematic classISM that defines the U.S. criminal justice system? Do you expect me to smile about the fact that the US has the worlds biggest prison population with 5% the world population? That the poor and minorities are over represented in said prison population due to certain ISM's? That regular folk can do 10, 25-100 for "conspiracy" while these suits get off with the equivalent of a parking ticket for cleaning billions? If you don't want to hear doom and gloom in a thread about shameless bankers whom laugh in our faces while they make money off the war in Mexico I kindly suggest that you stay out.

Love,
ql

T

trem0lo

Tabbi is cool and all for doing this, but ALL his stories are like this: Exposing some corrupt bank or government agency that is ripping off taxpayers. If his stories are so threatening you have to wonder why he hasn't been fired yet. I remember reading a term for this. Controlled opposition I think it was.

Max Headroom

Veteran
these stories aren't threatening.
what are we going to do about it?
right. not much.

controlled opposition is exactly right.

OLDproLg

Veteran
FUCKIN SMUT!

Yah yah,the truth be told for what?
JJust like any PIG,GOV official when they do wrong all they do is resign....huh no charges ever.
OUTRAGOUS GREED.

Grendelkhan

This is an example of why we will never see legalization of any drugs. The system is setup so that the big companies will make money off of them. These large global banks profit way to much from the illegality from lending cartels money, the jails make money from the jailing all the people and the beat goes on. How is the US suppose to control third world counties without the huge profits that can be offered thru drugs to our supported dictators? How would these dictators buy our guns and weapons? I have said this many times and will say this again. Logic does not dictate our governments actions. Always follow the money. If you can step back and look at the over picture I think you can see what I am talking about. Now understand that I do not approve of this game but it is how its played.

offthehook

Veteran
Quote TheArchitect: We are nothing but animals. End quote.

I strongly sense we are animals, but I also sense that on top of that we are something that I haven't defined yet.

To say we are nothing but animals does not seem to be true.

If you'd say: We are 'beasts' and 'something else' simultaniously. Then I 'd be willing to agree.

Prolly the fact that our offspring needed longest to be token care off has made us evoluate into something that is not just plain beast, but instead, caused us to devellop an ability to have high hopes for their well beeing for even after we ourselves are dead.

I think it's more about positions; Like, is someone more in a 'beast like' position or have better circumstances made one tip to the side that I haven't completely defined yet?

C

Chamba

Don't be concerned about these reptiles (which is what they are and I do apologize to any actual snakes out there that I may have offended) who have, since time began, used their cold blooded intelligence to screw every one else over in their climb to the top, as this is way of the world, but there's payback there too.... ... because even with their toys and power they lack something that is unattainable for them. Deep down they are jealous of actual decent men who come home from work each night to genuine hugs from those who love them as this is something that most of them will never achieve as they are incapable of it (just as most of use are incapable of doing billion dollar deals)...most of those scum bags die sadly and lonely with regret as their trophy wives and chemically addicted children sit hungrily waiting to put them in ground so they can fight over their money.

I bet everyone of them lies there wishing he had spent more time doing something real instead of working 24/7 on chasing the almighty dollar...they would give a million dollars to haveten minutes of tossing a ball with their son...so don't be jealous of their outwardly smugness, do as I do and just feel sorry for them then be as good as you can be and you've won.

Last edited:

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
i dont understand people , you think that mj should be legal but then get annoyed when profits from drugs sales are put in the bank. i hate politics on this and all the other canna forums. it divides everyone and i come here to feel part of the farming crowd.

lets face it you would have to be nieve to think things like this dont happen all the time. its a corrupt world. nothing more to be said.

offthehook

Veteran
I think that most MJ money just helps keeping family's afloat.

Stays all pretty much nicely under the radar.

Due to sensationalist media, ofcourse it will hit the head lines when something big is beeing found out.

But when I read the list of MJ raids in popular MJ magazines, wow, that's an awfull lot of small peeps getting cought every month.
Makes me imagine how many are not getting cought, but instead are nicely getting by 'just the way it is. ^^

quitelost

sift,
People are angry because some are severely punished for crimes while others commit them with impunity due to social status and position. Cannabis is a political issue....

Don't be concerned about these reptiles (which is what they are and I do apologize to any actual snakes out there that I may have offended) who have, since time began, used their cold blooded intelligence to screw every one else over in their climb to the top, as this is way of the world, but there's payback there too.... ... because even with their toys and power they lack something that is unattainable for them. Deep down they are jealous of actual decent men who come home from work each night to genuine hugs from those who love them as this is something that most of them will never achieve as they are incapable of it (just as most of use are incapable of doing billion dollar deals)...most of those scum bags die sadly and lonely with regret as their trophy wives and chemically addicted children sit hungrily waiting to put them in ground so they can fight over their money.

I bet everyone of them lies there wishing he had spent more time doing something real instead of working 24/7 on chasing the almighty dollar...they would give a million dollars to haveten minutes of tossing a ball with their son...so don't be jealous of their outwardly smugness, do as I do and just feel sorry for them then be as good as you can be and you've won.

but in realty when they wanna play catch they could buy the stadium for there son too and hire numerous people and spend a month straight playing ball... money doesn't mAke bad parents ...bad people do

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
this is truly disgusting... :cry:

it's the world we live in and it SCREAMS corruption.

i'll keep on keepin on and hope that karma bites everyone of these assholes someday...

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
i dont understand people , you think that mj should be legal but then get annoyed when profits from drugs sales are put in the bank. i hate politics on this and all the other canna forums. it divides everyone and i come here to feel part of the farming crowd.

lets face it you would have to be nieve to think things like this dont happen all the time. its a corrupt world. nothing more to be said.
It should be legal, and sold for the same price as cabbages or Oregano.

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
Tabbi is cool and all for doing this, but ALL his stories are like this: Exposing some corrupt bank or government agency that is ripping off taxpayers. If his stories are so threatening you have to wonder why he hasn't been fired yet. I remember reading a term for this. Controlled opposition I think it was.

Matt is man !!!

i wouldn't be surprised if someone tries to eliminate him someday...

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
the banks are BIG.
they are enemies of righteous men.

read this morning about how they want to sell Mount Rushmore to satisfy the debt...

some quote about waking up to find the banks owning the country our forefathers died to create/protect comes to mind...

next on the block... auctioning states..

Latest posts

Latest posts