What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Obama: U.S. should not act on pot use in Washington, Colorado

It will be interesting to watch Congress on this next year. The article indicates that they may take it up as early as January. It may make legislators in states that do not allow voter based initiatives more inclined to legalize or at least allow medical marijuana. Thank you for posting that article

:dance013:

Stonefree69

Veg & Flower Station keeper
Veteran
It will be interesting to watch Congress on this next year. The article indicates that they may take it up as early as January. It may make legislators in states that do not allow voter based initiatives more inclined to legalize or at least allow medical marijuana. Thank you for posting that article

:dance013:
Yeah that was also mentioned in Time Magazine's interview with Obama on his person of the year nomination, about Congress acting soon. It's about priorities. I wonder if that takes backseat to hunting mosquito's.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
You're reading it wrong.

Pick it apart. He says nothing in support of cannabis or of recreational users. There is nothing that will work with current federal law except a continuation of the same. With a focus on the new commercial operations that will be exploding in numbers soon.

This is old news... more double-speak. Federal relaxation of the classification of cannabis is going to happen... but not because this clown has anything to do with it.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

TexMex McDirt

The Obama administration looked so promising at the beginning towards medical cannabis, even maybe towards ending the prohibition. But what started off so well, quickly went downhill as the DEA and Justice Dept went on to act terribly, IMO. However, with the recent votes in CO and WA & the lawsuit Americans for Safe Access vs. Drug Enforcement Administration that was just heard by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit, ruling should come in the next month or 2. This is all really positive steps in the right direction. This fight won't be won overnight, but the attitudes are swinging the right way, and so are the votes and court rulings. Hopefully the ruling of ASA v DEA will continue that trend.

Mahalo
Tex

Green_science

The Obama administration looked so promising at the beginning towards medical cannabis, even maybe towards ending the prohibition. But what started off so well, quickly went downhill as the DEA and Justice Dept went on to act terribly, IMO. However, with the recent votes in CO and WA & the lawsuit Americans for Safe Access vs. Drug Enforcement Administration that was just heard by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit, ruling should come in the next month or 2. This is all really positive steps in the right direction. This fight won't be won overnight, but the attitudes are swinging the right way, and so are the votes and court rulings. Hopefully the ruling of ASA v DEA will continue that trend.

Mahalo
Tex
PERFECT

Well this looks like good news: Obama: U.S. should not act on pot use in Washington, Colorado Doubt Romney would've said that, I knew Obama was a better choice at least in this matter as Romney vowed to fight marijuana "tooth and nail".

Considering he said the same thing about medicinal users in 2008 and then seeked the Feds on dispensaries....he's notorious for saying one thing and doing the exact opposite...

Shame on you for taking a politician's words seriously...

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
when the budget has been in the red for too long and folks have resorted to shooting kids, I'd say we have other places that need attention as well

hell, what we have would actually help fix a lot of these problems

Jbonez

Veteran
Considering he said the same thing about medicinal users in 2008 and then seeked the Feds on dispensaries....he's notorious for saying one thing and doing the exact opposite...

Shame on you for taking a politician's words seriously...

Exactly..

Obama is no different from Romney, if I need to explain this, then you arent ready to understand.. Or, youve come to grips with everything youve been fed and have accepted it..

There is no two party system in the US, intellectuals understand this, but the rest of the cattle follow aimlessly, hoping that Fox has some good news once in a while..

OLDproLg

Veteran
FOX?

What a republican joke news place.
Still no matter what you think about Obama,the dems stand for the regular people and the repub's stand for the RICH.
if you cant see that your BLIND?
We are on the right path,you'll see little by little we WILL WIN SOON!!!!

Jbonez

Veteran
FOX?

Still no matter what you think about Obama,the dems stand for the regular people and the repub's stand for the RICH.

I am not privy to lesser forms of comprehension, I apologize..

Democrats as well as Republicans represent their respective sects. I am of the mentality that the only true sect, is the human condition.. I care about you and I dont know you. I want you to get the most out of life, I hope that you find whatever it is in life that will bring you comfort, happiness and love, and I am at your service, but I will not choose one person over the next, rather Id seek to prove that only love can bring us together..

By choosing sides, you align not with those who seek to benefit the human race, rather control it.

My ability to perceive isnt something I can change, again, forgive me friend.

Democrats as well as Republicans represent their respective sects. I am of the mentality that the only true sect, is the human condition.. I care about you and I dont know you. I want you to get the most out of life, I hope that you find whatever it is in life that will bring you comfort, happiness and love, and I am at your service, but I will not choose one person over the next, rather Id seek to prove that only love can bring us together..

By choosing sides, you align not with those who seek to benefit the human race, rather control it.

My ability to perceive isn't something I can change, again, forgive me friend.
Well said.

T

toughmudderdave

Please tell me that you don't REALLY believe this, and that you're just joking.

PeopleWish

My ability to perceive isnt something I can change, again, forgive me friend.

Are you the laborer or the worker ;)
-Arendt

FOX?

:laughing:

Is this some sort of a troll post? Anyone who thinks this country is on the "right path" is either form Greece or retarded.

The fact that you think the dems stand for the "Regular people" and the Repub stand for the "rich" proves you don't deserve to vote....period...You spew the same garbage that comes out of the politicians' own mouths!

S

SooperSmurph

:laughing:

Is this some sort of a troll post? Anyone who thinks this country is on the "right path" is either form Greece or retarded.

The fact that you think the dems stand for the "Regular people" and the Repub stand for the "rich" proves you don't deserve to vote....period...You spew the same garbage that comes out of the politicians' own mouths!
'Cause it's a two-horse race and he changed his bets
Like it was just another brand of cigarettes

Some people judge and they just guess the rest
They can't understand that don't mean that you're blessed
They ought to catch the Express Next Stop No Where
That way you can forget

Jump up - hold on tight
Can't trust the promise or a guarantee
'Cause the man 'round the curve says that he's never heard
Of you or me

Elvis Costello :biggrin:

Jbonez

Veteran
'Cause it's a two-horse race and he changed his bets
Like it was just another brand of cigarettes

Some people judge and they just guess the rest
They can't understand that don't mean that you're blessed
They ought to catch the Express Next Stop No Where
That way you can forget

Jump up - hold on tight
Can't trust the promise or a guarantee
'Cause the man 'round the curve says that he's never heard
Of you or me

Elvis Costello :biggrin:

Anyone famliar with Jungian theory knows that the cognitive bias towards being judgemental has a direct effect on the precedence of which the other cognitive functions are displayed, someone with a dominant Fe for example, is not going to use logic as the basis for there rebuttal. They rely on emotions, or Feeling vs Thinking..

I dont think we need to burn him at the stake for what he said, rather, lets attempt to get him up to speed, however, amongst the intellectuals, Im far too aware of how blind he may actually be.. Some people have strong points apart from us intuitive type thinkers. But they make terrible points when debating lol.... But these are some of the most loyal people in the world imo.... so we all have our strong points..

highonmt

Veteran
The flawed political reward structure of our system of government provides only reelection and the associated power as the reward. This is a well documented problem in our country among political scientists. One result is what we see everyday; inaction, unless the result can be safely spun to improve polling results. Legalize cannabis?...it can be easily spun to the favor of dissenting party and to the detriment of the the party who passed the legislation. The stale mate will continue and nothing of real merit will occur. I think obama being a lame duck could try and bring it before congress but will they act..probably not given the massive amounts spent lobbying congress to keep the status quo. Could you imagine how much money the big drug companies will loose if cannabis is legalized. How will we fix it as voters? We could outlaw lobbying and corporate funding of elections and try and return to some sort of citizen legislature. But even that will be difficult given the simple fact that a fat old donkey is tough to drag away from the grain bucket. Some would say the same of elephants.

Jbonez

Veteran
You are absolutely crazy if you think for a second congress will refute corporations status as single entities with money acting as freedom of speech.

Tho Im with you, perhaps my pessimism is exactly the problem.. We outnumber the upper echelon that control the populous.. Ive not seen a revolution in my days on this earth, but Id like to see one here, I dont give Hitler credit for anything, but his rise to power was an anomaly..

If we as a single cohesive effort, forcibly removed those in office, and restructured politics to form a singular party that all can benefit from with non paid political officials, Id say we were off to damn fine start.. Still, we are human, and need a front runner for this movement, or a spokesperson of sorts.. Cant be disorganized like the occupy movement..