What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New cancer killing plant!

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Link to article:

http://myscienceacademy.org/2012/10...ipes-out-cancer-in-40-days-says-new-research/

A little-known plant with a truly bizarre name is now making headlines as a cancer killer, with the compound of the plant vanishing tumors in mice with pancreatic cancer. Known as the ‘thunder god vine’ or lei gong teng, the Chinese plant is actually integrated into Chinese medicine and has been used for ages in remedying a number of conditions including rheumatoid arthritis.
According to the new research out of the University of Minnesota’s Masonic Cancer Center, the thunder god plant compound led to no signs of tumors after a 40 day period — even after discontinuing the treatment. Published in the journal Science Translational Medicine and funded by the National Institutes of Health, even the scientists working on the project were stunned by the anti-cancer properties of the compound. Known to contain something known as triptolide, which has been identified as a cancer fighter in previous research, it is thought to be the key component that may be responsible for the anti-tumor capabilities.

Study leader and vice chairman of research at the Cancer Center explained to Bloomberg how he was blown away by the effects of the simple plant:
“This drug is just unbelievably potent in killing tumor cells,” he said.
And just like with numerous other powerful substances like turmeric and ginger, mainstream science is still slowly confirming what many traditional practitioners have known for their entire lives. This is, of course, due to the fact that there is simply no money for major corporations in researching the healing powers of natural herbs and compounds such as the compound found in the thunder god vine. Turmeric and ginger, for example, have been found to be amazing anti-cancer substances that are virtually free compared to expensive and dangerous cancer drugs.

Nevertheless, the Big Pharma sponsored corporate scientists have managed to ignore these spices as much as possible. In fact, they have even been caught time and time again faking thousands of studies to fraudulently demonstrate the supposed value of pharmaceutical drugs pushed by major pharma juggernauts — many of which are later forced to pay millions in fines which only slightly stack up against their billions in profits.
Profits that are threatened by the many real studies that were performed by scientists examining the rejeuvenating power of cheap ingredients like turmeric, which has been found by peer-reviewed research available on PubMed to positively influence over 590 conditions.

While it is great news that this study is bringing the beneficial effects of inexpensive and near-free plant compounds to light, the bad news is that the individuals responsible for the research are actually looking to create a pharmaceutical drug from the essential component triptolide. A drug that will seek FDA approval and ultimately be patented, nutritionally ruined, and sold for exorbitant amounts of cash. Instead, just get your hands on some thunder god vine for yourself.
Read more: http://naturalsociety.com/chinese-plant-compound-cancer-research/#ixzz29h4PcEHd

Supposedly there's the potential for side-effects...and prospects should likely check it's negative interractions with other meds that a patient is taking, too.

This root can cause stomach upset, skin reactions, temporary infertility in men and amenorrhea (lack of menstruation) in women. It should not be used if you are taking immunosuppressive drugs, like prednisone. The leaves and flowers of this plant are highly toxic and can cause death, so preparation should only be made from the root.

SOURCE

guineapig

Veteran
Didn't Taxol originally come from a certain tree and then became incorporated into
mainstream pharmacy, and became a quite expensive and rare product?

So does it just depend on how easily you can grow the medicinal plant? I guess a
tree is much more difficult to grow and harvest the bark than this thunder god vine.
A vine sounds like it grows much faster than a tree, but I am not sure.

:ying: kind regards from guineapig :ying:

S

swisscheese

Sounds like a plant every shaman should have in their arsenal! Would gladly trade a limp dick and a skin rash for a couple months to be potentially cancer free versus having poison injected into my body killing my cells indiscriminately and causing more problems besides just cancer. I wonder how many side effects medical grade marijuana would prevent when used in combination with this potentially miracle root? How effective would it be in combination with turmeric and ginger? An ounce of prevention is still better than a pound of cure!

Warped1

I'm a victim of fast women and slow horses
Veteran
Supposedly there's the potential for side-effects...and prospects should likely check it's negative interractions with other meds that a patient is taking, too.

This root can cause stomach upset, skin reactions, temporary infertility in men and amenorrhea (lack of menstruation) in women. It should not be used if you are taking immunosuppressive drugs, like prednisone. The leaves and flowers of this plant are highly toxic and can cause death, so preparation should only be made from the root.

SOURCE
I'd have to say these side effects are far less harmful than big pharmaceutical could ever hope for

Yeah Warped...I figured there'd be someone that ASSUMED I was referring to big pharma being a better choice...which possibly it is, possibly it isn't. None of the responders in this post have an MD after their names, and I see a lot of assumptive responses in this post.

I guess if you wish to jump blindly into a folk remedy without worrying about the poison attributes, the interraction with any other chermical compound, synergistic effects, side effects...long-tem exposure limnits over a time-weighted average...have at it. I'd MUCH rather take my RSO than risk a bad batch of what was described as a poisonus substance.

Although I do disagree with the modern science and big pharma approach to managing health issues instead of seeking cures...I'm not so anal as to disregard each and every treatment, if it's the best option for THAT patient. So easy for you to say "BAD BIG PHARMA"...unless it's YOUR ass on the gurney, or YOUR loved one with no other options.

Tell ya what...you can purchase the extracts online...give it a go. Once you're cured, you'll be another statistic in the "Successful Cure" side of the ledger. If not successful, you'll either go in the "Unsuccessful Treatment" or "DOA" column's. That's one of the major problems with self-medicating. Usually the one self medicating...is the one also in charge of monitoring the results. At least let someone know what you're doing and keep the poison control's phone number handy...just in case. Hmm...Ipecac or antidote? Drink water or milk? Things to know when playing Russian Roulette with toxic plants...

Agaricus

What always seems to be missing in these stories is how the substance is administered.

In the case of turmeric and ginger, is there a beneficial effect from eating lots of curry and stir-fries?

Should this vine be dried, ground and put in capsules? Is it necessary to make an extract of whatever and inject is directly in the tumor? Make a tea, as with essiac?

Inquiring minds want to know.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
What always seems to be missing in these stories is how the substance is administered.

In the case of turmeric and ginger, is there a beneficial effect from eating lots of curry and stir-fries?

Should this vine be dried, ground and put in capsules? Is it necessary to make an extract of whatever and inject is directly in the tumor? Make a tea, as with essiac?

Inquiring minds want to know.

yes there is a benificial effect on the health of body and mind from regularly consuming turmeric and ginger.. which was a fact known for millenia before it was so gallantly "proven" by science..

"ohhh science your my hero!"

generally speaking herbs are ground and then put in capsules..

europeans and americans should have much higher life expectancies than they do for so called first world countries..

rusty trichome is quite right on a few points,, cant say i like the words "folk remedy" because its often used with a derogatory tone and by people that would rather disbelieve than open their eyes, however unless something is well documented as being safe to consume in certain doses and certain forms without any allergic reactions or synergistic forms when consumed with other chemicals then it isnt worth putting in your body..

as a "biologist" i really dislike the approach taken by western science towards the body and mind and i frequently mention how destructive the refined drugs doled out to masses are on people's livers but the same can be true of many herbs that your body still has to clean from the blood..

if people looked at places like china and india where humans have been extending their lives with herbal medicine since records began they might see how obviously effective oriental and ayurvedic medicine is which are based on knowledge going back to an era we have basically lost any evidence of..

the path of the shaman or witchdoctor is not an easy one by any means, but it is very rewarding when you cure people and animals for yourself..

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
I use several Ayurvedic herbs daily. I use Chyavanprash daily,with Arjuna,Ashagawanda,Traphala. And Mahanarayan oil for arthritis, its the best ever rub it in and the pain is gone, wonderful stuff.
It's really sad that western medicine is so ethnocentric. Im glad my VA doc is a believer, we discussed it and I very rarly ever use Nitro for angina, Arjuna is a natural alternative that works like a champ. I would not recommend useing any herbal without talking to your Doctor.
I buy my herbs in bulk and fill my own gel caps, makes them like a couple cents per pill.

rusty trichome is quite right on a few points,, cant say i like the words "folk remedy" because its often used with a derogatory tone and by people that would rather disbelieve than open their eyes...
Sorry to jump on a twist of the words, but:

Folk Medicine:

"the use of home remedies and procedures as handed down by tradition." (thefreedictionary.com)

"treatment of ailments outside clinical medicine by remedies and simple measures based on experience and knowledge handed down from generation to generation." (dictionary.webmd.com)

"traditional medicine as practiced by nonprofessional healers or embodied in local custom or lore, generally involving the use of natural and especially herbal remedies." (answers.com)

So actually, I think I hit the nail on the head...

Had I said "snake oil" instead of folk remedy, I can understand your point. But if it's your own opinion that 'folk remedy' is a black term for alternative medicine...what would YOU call it? Because I KNOW I called it what it is, lol.

HemperFi

Man, I really love this kind of stuff. Are there any Chinese members here that can chime in? I bet one could go to Chinatown in any major city and find this root. I've found it's much easier if you have someone translate and write the characters for use when searching.

Lol...They have english sites where you can message a salesman about the bulk prices. (5 pounds and up that I saw) on the extract powder. I had to Google the Latin name of the stuff though.

It's probably fine when dosing properly, but best to learn BEFORE a testicle falls off or the liver shuts down, or ya find out too late it interacts with something else you take.

Perhaps...? Lol...

Umm...would you let a fast-food 'cook' prepare your fugu? (a poisonus blowfish prepared by expert sushi chef's that are properly licensed and experienced)

Even if you are experienced in backyard extractions...who is going to test your first batch...? (thus my Russian Roulette mention) With no lab to test results after each run...you're playing "suicide on the installment plan".

Agaricus

Anybody have any thoughts/experiences on essiac? A friend was just diagnosed with a fast-moving cancer.

Latest posts

Latest posts