What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best 600w HPS Bulb?

luvtogrow

Just saw a youtube video measuring an assortment of 600w hps bulbs and the hortilux super hps won easily. ushio was fourth.

Sativan

In a 600 watt HPS test that took PAR readings a Hortilux Enhanced HPS lamp rated number one.

Surprisingly Ushio did poorly in that same test.

Rondon

Ive used them all back in the day. Results were inconclusive at best in real world grows. And i too have stuck with 50 dollar htg 600 watt digital plus bulbs. Consistent. And quality. But ive since retired single ended mogul socket hid lamps amd went with Gavita 6/750's. And now..about to retire them for a bunch of Sunlight Supply 315 watt LEC (cmh) fixtures. But yeah....HTG 600 watt digital plus bulbs were it for me for.a long while. The high dollar Hortilux, Ushio, and the like...i noticed not much of a difference from the cheapos.

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
I used to buy Horti's--and never paid less than $60 each....replacing them 3x a year works out to be $180 ea/year. Then I tried Plantmax's (yes, it has 5000 less lumens--145k vs 140k) at about third the price ($22) https://www.1000bulbs.com/category/1000-watt-high-pressure-sodium-grow-bulbs/. So...now I replace my lamps more frequently (4-5x a year for about $110)--taking benefit of light spectrum that is less degraded while spending a shit load less.

A brand new Plantmax produces greater lumens than a 2 month old Horti...at least according to my light meter in my environment. Hmm, $180 vs $110.

Last edited:

leet

There is very little difference between 600w HPS bulbs... I have tried many side to side and I didn't find much different... MH on the other hand..!

Latest posts

Latest posts