What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I got Low Hanging Branches

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Its about half way through week six of bloom. There are a few branches hanging low. They're not going below the pots but they are about parallel to the full flood table a couple inches above the nutes. I gave a little extra calmag thinking that might help strengthen them up, but it didn't help. They seem to just be too heavy with buds on the lower outside of the plants.

Should I put in stakes and wire them up or just roll with it?

mr.brunch

Veteran
Stake em up, they will only get heavier ( obviously good :) ) but it saves the worry of branches snapping

dankaroma

I say stake them up ,tie them, what ever you need to do because it's only going to get worse as the mature. Nothing wrong with having to support heavy buds! Nice to have support in place ahead of time but now works too. gl share pictures of you can!

OranguTrump

Crotchety Old Crotch
Its about half way through week six of bloom. There are a few branches hanging low. They're not going below the pots but they are about parallel to the full flood table a couple inches above the nutes. I gave a little extra calmag thinking that might help strengthen them up, but it didn't help. They seem to just be too heavy with buds on the lower outside of the plants.

Oh, to have such problems!

Lucky bugger

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
All different kinds. The names I was given aren't listed in any of the seed companies. The ones that I grew from seed are Purple Urkle and White Widow. One of the clones was said to be Strawberry Kush. That might be right because it has big fat fan leaves like an Indica and the fan leave stems are a red or pink color.

dankaroma

Looks great to me. I just finished my first grow and one of the things I wished I had planned better for was heavy branches, I had some support but need to add more at about the same spot.. week 6ish.
My only advice at this point would be, while you are in there tying up branches, you may want to make sure the ones that havent flopped over yet have support just in case they do later, mine packed the weight on late.

Nice work, looks like you will be enjoying your efforts here soon!

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
Nice first grow, for sure. Stakes have become my bestfriend. Well, anything that works really....stakes, wire, Velcro... It ain't gotta be pretty, just functionable.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
how long were those babies in veg for?

They were clones. I guess it was two weeks in the cloner and then another two vegging in coco. They were about a foot tall when they went in the bloom sched.

stake them with bammo so my spelling not good

Gotcha Bamboo. Probably 2 or 3 sticks per pot to hold them up.

Nice first grow, for sure. Stakes have become my bestfriend. Well, anything that works really....stakes, wire, Velcro... It ain't gotta be pretty, just functionable.

Velcro.Heeeeheheh I was thinking about a BF Garden Gnome.

Last edited: