What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I need seeds!

Hi I am a newer patient and really want to continue to experiment and learn to grow. I am not sure of where to purchase seeds because I hear so many are scams and I don't necessarily think it's a good idea to buy some expensive seeds and end up screwing them up. Does anyone ever give any seeds these days?

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
You can keep your eyes peeled for Buy one get one free deals from vendors or sometimes buy two packs and get one free. There are plenty of Bodhi deals like that that go on at Seedbay or boutique.
If you are looking for trades or handouts then this wouldn't be the place. It takes time to build up rapport and a reputation as well as networking and meeting people.

:yes:

Last edited by a moderator:

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
Plenty of good, cheap seeds around, lots of strains that pretty much take care of themselves.
My best advice would be have a good look on this site, find some grow diaries that show these kind of seeds.
Don't attempt hydro right off the bat, get em in some soil , water and feed them only when needed- they will surprise you.
Also , don't be swayed by designer expensive labels, no need to waste money.

And remember, above all she is a plant- no magic tonics / elixirs needed- plants will grow with minimal rocket science.
Good luck

rolandomota

Dude send your order through registered mail it costs like 15$ and it will get back to you don't send payment through regular mail or it will get "lost". Their are lots of deals for 25$ on seedbay the Dj short knockoffs and pineberry and exile. Those are just the cheaper ones theirs lots of selection just make your own seeds with your fist grow. Nirvana and sativa seeds also have cheap seeds but I don't know how old they are you risk them not growing at all I hate old Seeds.

Yea it's easy to have way more seeds than you need when you make them and you live in a med state it seems like so getting seeds should be very easy for you unless you can't go to a dispensary or they don't sell seeds or clones so go to seedbay or seedboutique.

WelderDan

Veteran
Seed Boutique is legit, as is the other vendors on this site. Honestly, I'd say start with Nirvana seeds. They are inexpensive and there are gems to be had. Master Kush and Papaya are both super easy to grow, yield well and are potent too.

bigbadbiddy

Papaya has been listed as a favorite by some people who have grown a lot of the big name stuff.

Nirvana definitely has gems and is considerably cheaper than many others.

My suggestion to anyone asking your question is always the same:
Go to Mr. Nice website, go to auctions, get a pack of Critical Mass for 30-35 bucks which will include 18+ beans.

The only thing you will require is time as they operate slow, sometimes very slow. But they come through and nobody has ever been disappointed.

The genetics are top notch and the price can't be beat.
If you go through auctions that is. Through normal channels, a pack of CM will run you what, 80 bucks or so ?
And usually will only contain 15 seeds.

As others have said, there are many good breeders and vendors with decent or even good deals. Just gotta sift through even more shady bullshiters, unfortunately.

But I did said sifting and concluded that MRN has the best quality/price ratio of them all by far when using their auction site.

potty1

Go to seedboutique as its owned by the very forum you are posting on.
Buy some dinachem or dinacheese.
Thank me in 3 months when your siting on piles of A grade smoke for a minimal layout.
Or
As you say your a 'patient'�� go to a dispensory and pick up some clones?
When youve got whichever you choose post a thread on here and the kind folks of icmag will help you on the path to self sufficiency.

Thanks everyone for your advice and support.

I have been getting very interested in breeding and like the idea of crossing a strain of my own down the road.

Do you know where any of the older original strains are available to purchase? Any recommendations on some old school classics?

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Seed boutique. They have Sensi seeds, Serious seeds, and lots of old school strains along with newer stuff. Seedbay is a great place to score quality genetics very cheap. Go check it out!!

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
grow some seeds from the herb ya buy , even the best herb will chunk a seed every now and then, snd who doesnt have bagseeds laying around, good luck

edit ; how i got my seeds was i started a thread of my bagseeds growing and made some pals in the forum, and then they sent me better genetics , whether as a friend or feeling sorry for me , i got super herb seeds compared to the mexi i was growing,people like watching seeds they make grow out so ya can probably be a tester here for someone once ya get yer thread and pix going

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
^^^ just grow out some bag seeds if all you're doing is practicing...or if you're doing it serious....grow out some bag seeds.

Tynehead Tom

420giveaway
seedbay has some exceptional deals on some workings of some awesome genetics in the GNF fundraiser.

if I was a new grower looking for a small variety of "quality" seeds to try out at low cost , that would be my choice. @ 30 and 40 bux a pack even.

RockinRobot

^^^ just grow out some bag seeds if all you're doing is practicing...or if you're doing it serious....grow out some bag seeds.

This is good advice. My first grow was bag seed and even after getting some named strains growing I still go back to seeds from that first strain.

bigbadbiddy

Thanks everyone for your advice and support.

I have been getting very interested in breeding and like the idea of crossing a strain of my own down the road.

Do you know where any of the older original strains are available to purchase? Any recommendations on some old school classics?

Again, Mr. Nice.
On the auctions you can get Shit (Skunk#1) for 10 bugs a pack (18+, sometimes as many as 25 seeds).
They have oldschool afghani, haze, skunk genetics galore along with many crosses.

But this will be my last hint in that direction (at least in this thread) because this site is owned by seedboutique and others are right, you should naturally look into their offerings first and we probably shouldn't advertise other places than seedboutique here.

Would have PMed you my suggestion but you don't have the necessary 50 posts yet.

Sure you will find something worthy in either place, good luck and all the best!

Thanks again, I have been creeping on this site for a long time. Just never have much to say since you guys are the pros, not me!

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Hi I am a newer patient and really want to continue to experiment and learn to grow. I am not sure of where to purchase seeds because I hear so many are scams and I don't necessarily think it's a good idea to buy some expensive seeds and end up screwing them up. Does anyone ever give any seeds these days?
"newer patient", "continue to experiment", "learn to grow" but later you want to breed.. crawl first, then walk, then run.

WhoDatIs is right, "If you are looking for trades or handouts then this wouldn't be the place. It takes time to build up rapport and a reputation as well as networking and meeting people." and this isn't a 2 week fix.

Til then, listen to the members, seedbay, seedbotique.. bargan seeds are available, send cash, registerd mail..or the bag seed routine. start a grow.. put up pics (or it didn't really happen)and build that rep.. otherwise youre just another wannabe that could be some undesirable trolling for illegal activity. GL

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
I ain't found bagseeds for like 20 years... That would be a lovely free gift with a bag o weed imo.
But then I think the weed imports from anywhere other than holland dried up in the uk years ago

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Any recommends for a US seed bank that has good selection and ships fast?