What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fans with thermostats problem (First grow)

Soundy

I've just purchased 2 German made Blauberg Centro 150 G 6" fans http://accenthydroponics.com/test-control-and-environment/environment/fans-and-ventilation/centrifugal/blauberg-centro-150g-speed-control-and-thermostat/ for intake & exhaust in a tent that is 4 x 6.5 x 8. I'm running half the tent space now with one 6" Cooled hood & 1000w watts nearly at the end of my first flowering :D I have been building this as I go along with all the trial and error, expenses hence the late addition of decent fans.

I had actually ordered one Centro G that has a speed controller & thermostat that I was going to run on the intake & one standard "Centro" WITHOUT the Speed controller & Thermostat for the outtake so i could set my own outtake with a fan speed controller. The supplier accidentally sent me 2 Centro G's which is kinda cool as it is worth $95 more than the standard Centro model BUT... I'm rather confused because I'm not dialled in right & my temps are hotter than before I put the new fans in.

Both fans are currently set with their thermostats hanging close to one another at the top of the middle of he tent. I'm thinking one fan with a thermostat need to come out??? The intake fan is inside the tent at the bottom blowing fresh air in & the outtake fan is outside the tent positioned above the air cooled hood blowing air away through ducting.

Both fans are set @ 24 degrees. The intake fan has it's speed currently set to higher than the outtake fan speed I'm still getting negative pressure??? The thermometer I have next to the thermostat probes reads 3 degrees higher than what the fans are set to & the tent is running hotter than it did before I put the fans in!!!

What is going on my friends? Do I need to have just one fan with a thermostat like my original plan was? Which fan should have the thermostat if so?

MrBungle

If it were my set up I'd use one fan with a stat at the exhaust, and allow it to pull in air from your intake naturally... It sounds like you are cycling the heat through your room and trapping it