What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

oil for insomnia

whitebeach

Hi all,

I have cannabis oil mixed with olive oil, 4 gr in a 25ml dropper bottle. If I take 3 drops I feel a little high. So it is good stuff (CBD Crew). What I am trying to find out is how much to take to get me to sleep (and not just get blasted). I also have full Simpson oil, also made with CBD Crew. So could take that. My worry is that I take too much of either and end up just being wasted and not sleeping at all. Any advice is very welcome!

Peace

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Not sure ..

Not sure ..

Hi all,

I have cannabis oil mixed with olive oil, 4 gr in a 25ml dropper bottle. If I take 3 drops I feel a little high. So it is good stuff (CBD Crew). What I am trying to find out is how much to take to get me to sleep (and not just get blasted). I also have full Simpson oil, also made with CBD Crew. So could take that. My worry is that I take too much of either and end up just being wasted and not sleeping at all. Any advice is very welcome!

Peace

I eat CannaCookies to help me sleep. 60mg Indicas, these are Snickerdoodles.

picture.php

On another note I have some CBD Crew seeds I might run soon. Did you grow it yourself?

If so could you tell me how they grew. (I grow indoor organic)

Any information would be appreciated!

Last edited:

redlaser

Veteran
Yeah, I would second 420's recommendation on the edibles. Ideally taken 2-3 hours before sleep, maybe earlier because they seem to last beyond 8 hours for myself.

I've tried 95% of available sleep remedy's and prefer melatonin over all of them. It actually works for me, doesn't leave me groggy in the morning, actually awake fairly alert. Seems to work for about six hours.

whitebeach

I eat CannaCookies to help me sleep. 60mg Indicas, these are Snickerdoodles.

View Image

On another note I have some CBD Crew seeds I might run soon. Did you grow it yourself?

If so could you tell me how they grew. (I grow indoor organic)

Any information would be appreciated!
----------------------------------------
I grew outdoors, very easy to grow. I used CBD Skunk haze.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
High THC / low CBD oil actually works better for me for insomnia. It works best if it's not an every night thing. Most insomnia meds are like that. Melatonin is the only one I take every night.

You have to experiment with the doses to find the right amount for you. Stronger doses are better for me. I don't think getting too high has ever kept me awake as opposed to helping me sleep through the night.

Yeah, I would second 420's recommendation on the edibles. Ideally taken 2-3 hours before sleep, maybe earlier because they seem to last beyond 8 hours for myself.

I've tried 95% of available sleep remedy's and prefer melatonin over all of them. It actually works for me, doesn't leave me groggy in the morning, actually awake fairly alert. Seems to work for about six hours.
I'm in the same position! I've tried countless sleeping pills and they just mostly make me feel groggy and angry, espescially in the morning.

I've also been taking melatonin and that works for me too better than prescribed meds.

And on to the topic. I've found that for me 1:1 thc:cbd-ratio bud keeps me awake no matter what dosage, haven't tried oil with that ratio. I've been struggling with sleeping problems for 20+ years.

Latest posts

Latest posts