What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ulcerative Colitis!

Clarence

FUZZY WUZZY
Veteran
I now have regular check ups. I am still in the middle of treatment after being diagnosed. I have 8 weekly check ups now. I have a full colonoscopy in 4 weeks after things have settled down. Already had a flexible endoscopy as one of the plethora of test/ scans in hospital.

The NHS are doing a great job for me. No complaints at all.

LostTribe

Premium user
My sister had Crohns, died at 53, wasn't pretty.

I have Rectal Cancer and have been through radiation and chemo, surgery and I am in my last Strong Chemotherapy (6 months) cycle.

I have a Colostomy :biggrin: I can answer your questions and do not have a problem with any questions.

Peace

What led you to chemo and radiation therapy?

LostTribe

Premium user
I now have regular check ups. I am still in the middle of treatment after being diagnosed. I have 8 weekly check ups now. I have a full colonoscopy in 4 weeks after things have settled down. Already had a flexible endoscopy as one of the plethora of test/ scans in hospital.

The NHS are doing a great job for me. No complaints at all.

You feeling better Clarance? Hope you have adjusted your diet for the time being know it sucks but you gotta feel good right?

theJointedOne

Veteran
Just make sure if your buying any cbd or hemp product that they come from verifiable sources. I recommend us grown. I found a farm out of Vermont that grows a acdc s1 they found it has zero THC high cbd. They sell whole plant extracts. Not snake oil from EU via china

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Short Story..

Short Story..

What led you to chemo and radiation therapy?

My cancerous tumor was located 1 1/2 cm from my anus. The initial chemo and radiation was to shrink the tumor (6 1/2 cm) and blocking my shit so they could operate. This worked great and gave me great relief (think getting kicked in the asshole with a pointed Cowboy boot).

The plan was to shrink it enough so he could remove the tumor and leave a margin to reattach my rectum for latter use. I had the surgery by top two Colorectal Surgeons in the area. There was more cancer than expected (6 hours under the knife) and some has spread to my pelvic wall. As my doctor said "there is a lot of anatomy in there".

After recovering from the surgery I have been doing Strong Chemotherapy for the past 6 months. This was to destroy any microscopic or latent cancer. I will finish up nest Tuesday, :woohoo:

I will get a restaging MRI and CT scan in a couple of weeks. I know because of the multiple blood tests that my cancer has not spread wildly. (CEA 2.4 ng/ml)

I expect to get tested every three months and deal with it as needed.

I have a great team of doctors (8) who all think I'm doing great. Although I've lost some weight people tell me I look great.

Things are looking up! After I'm recovered from the chemotherapy I am buying a new RV.

Peace

Latest posts

Latest posts