What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

burned my seedlings

seedlings dont need any nutes this early in life. they have pleanty of stored energy in the little round leaves (cant think of the name off hand lol) flush them and water with distilled only and then feed at about the 3rd node or when any slight yellowing appears.

ratzilla got the name right i think

DOWNLOW

Yeah Darthcultivator it's cotyledons becareful Ratzilla ia watching lol. I d3finetely fed way tok early what I realized is I was over watering stunting the growth. I also got minor nute burns but after the feed of half dose of pbp the growth took off. I have them in hempy beer cups 3:1 perlite to vermiculite.

Sd

BlackBerry og

DOWNLOW

Ok since the mishap the plants have been trooping along fine. They are now 16 days old and still in the hempy beer cups 3 to 1 perlite to vermiculite. I feed them a little less than1/2 strentgh every 2 to 3 days. I also put them back in the tent I started at 250 then the next day 400 and now 600 watts.

I want to know is it time to pot up ?

DOWNLOW

Yikes what the hell is this

Yikes what the hell is this

Just seen this what is it and how can I kill it ? This is the best pic I can get.

DOWNLOW

Don't want to start a new thread so I'll just continue here and show how the gurls are doing and my first ever transplant.

Just look at them all sad droopy and root bounded at least I thought they were. After 30 days in those beer cups I just knew it was time, but I was so 😓 whew nervous.

This i learned here a long time ago but never got to use until now after layering the botom of the hempy with fine perlite (it's what I got) though I see everyone suggest the course ones for the bottom. Ne way I put a beer cup right in the middle then poured the 3 parts perlite and added vermiculite to my liking. Being that I've watered the bee cups for month I know at what rate the plants will eat once establihed in the new pot. I want to bonsai them as moms.

Afetr

Post/recovery

back home the same day and loving it just look at how they bou ced back I like literally a couple maybe a few hours

All I gave them was 20ml of pbp grow and love and they loved me back.

Yeah Darthcultivator it's cotyledons becareful Ratzilla ia watching lol. I d3finetely fed way tok early what I realized is I was over watering stunting the growth. I also got minor nute burns but after the feed of half dose of pbp the growth took off. I have them in hempy beer cups 3:1 perlite to vermiculite.

Sd
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=66355&pictureid=1580160View Image

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=66355&pictureid=1580162View Image

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=66355&pictureid=1580164View Image

BlackBerry og
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=66355&pictureid=1580159View Image https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=66355&pictureid=1580158View Image

Next time, water your medium really well & evenly before you drop your seeds in. Let it drain, then sow your seeds and don't even think about watering them again. The day after you planted the seeds, cover the tops of the cups with a sandwich baggie to keep in moisture & create humidity. Don't take the baggies off until they pop.

Once your seeds have popped & penetrated the soil, you shouldn't even need to water them because the soil should still be damp from the humidity caused from the baggies - perlite holds water relatively well. Maybe on the second day the seedlings are up, give them a bit of water but be careful and DONT flood the cups. Just lightly give each one maybe a 1/4 cup of water but only if/when they need it.

Don't feed any nutes whatsoever until they've got a few sets of leaves, (3rd or 4th node) or, untill you transplant. If they begin to yellow, transplant into soil with nutes or give them an ultra-light (like 10% regular dose) of nutes.

Really, the key is to leave 'em the fuck alone. Don't let your medium get crusty, but don't assume the plants are going to die without water. Perlite is great but you might learn more from a peat mix that retains water for your first few runs so you can learn to tell when they actually need water.. Also, you're better off waiting too long to give them nutrients than you are giving them too early.

I pop seeds in solo cups or similar sized seedling containers all the time and the only seeds I lose are bad ones. Wet my medium, let it drain, plant seed, cover with baggie and wait... Within 5 days max (usually by day 3) they've all popped and the baggies come off. Usually my medium is moist enough to where I don't give them any water at all for the next 2 or 3 days, and when I do it's just to maintain moisture. Usually at about 10 days from breaking the surface is the first time I give a full, watering that creates a heavy runoff.

You can transplant whenever, but I feel like they adjust & adapt best from seed when they're transplanted after at least 2 weeks of growth. You want to get 'em out before the cup stunts root growth, but after they've had a couple weeks to develop some decent roots.

Good luck! They're looking happier now.

DOWNLOW

Thanks for stopping by and dropping some jewels Cannabis Motive. Yes in this month ive learned patience and leaving shit to be not so much I can besides let them grow. I germed them in paper towels but I feel that was too much handling as I lost a seed doing that. Next time straight into the vermiculite or something similar.

Promix I'd used if I want a more organic gaerden you know with amendments and shit. I did go throw threw the this is my 4th grow and i still suck thread. Got some good info out of it. I have been thinking about hempy coco for flowering though.

Thanks for stopping by and dropping some jewels Cannabis Motive. Yes in this month ive learned patience and leaving shit to be not so much I can besides let them grow. I germed them in paper towels but I feel that was too much handling as I lost a seed doing that. Next time straight into the vermiculite or something similar.

Everyone has their own method. Some people soften their seeds for a day in water. Others germ in water. others germ in papertowels or baggies, some people simply set the seed on top (yes, on the top) of the soil and let the root sprout down & in on it's own.

Personally, it's less hassle and less room for mistakes when you plant direct in soil. Don't overwater and don't plant them more than 1/4 inch deep and you'll be fine.

corky1968

Veteran
I never used HID with plants less than 2 weeks old.

I always start them softly with fluorescent light.

Go softer on them from now on. :tiphat:

DOWNLOW

Yea corky lesson learned.
Thanks Jayjay.

Here they are now at I think 45 46 days in I should have topped them but its ok I plan on keeping these as mothers anyway. I'll be taking clones tomrrow and start the next stage of my garden which will be perpetuating it. Right now I'm feeding them at a rate of 20ml pbp grow with every wartering. The rate is like everyday now. There're in bed risers I converted into hempys.

DOWNLOW

What's up folks back with a quick update. I i did my first topping ever didn't go so bad or good also took clones. I've only successfully made one clone in my life and that was with the water in a glass method. I've tried with the bubble cloner with disastrous results. Now since the world class planter cloner method is so well plublished I decided to go with that.

Before

After

The set up

The clones

DOWNLOW

Not too far after putting the clones in the tent to root they started, idk, whats the word dampening or wilting off I mean just flopping no ridgetness so I put a plastic bag over each tray. When checked them thus morning they were all standing tall good sign to me.

There are 16 cuttings out those I need the best 8 then in two weeks time I need 8 more and so on and so on for this perpetual flow I plan to rock out.

And oh yea all help is appreciated for real. Thanks peace out.

DOWNLOW

I need some help I finally got a couple of tools of the trade a TDS and a PH meter so for the last 2 month's I've basically been sailing blind you know. Like following the trade winds lol, but not funny.
So i used the TDS meter and the water came out at 054. 0.1. Ive been running only PBP grow right now at 20ml/g. I've notice that my old leaves are showing deficiencies in the older leaves not the new growth. The searches I did all say get liquid karma. I say it's just cal mag. Hold. Let me check the ph I aint checked it yet cause I only got the powdwered solution calibration stuff. This is on all the plants.

corky1968

Veteran
Always adjust the pH before adding more nutrients.

If the pH is too low or too high most of the nutrients are not available to your plants.
If you keep adding more nutrients to fix a deficiency you will really burn your plants.
Also when you adjust the pH with a rich nutrient overload you will really fry your plants.
Because now all the nutrients will become available and your plants won't be able to
handle it all.

So:

1. pH first

2. nutrients second

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
Nicely recovered!

Side note, don't be put off by things you've heard about greenhouse seeds, I have had many excellent plants from them and have never had a seed not germinate.

You may be pleasantly surprised.

Gh super critical:

picture.php

DOWNLOW

Corky1968 thanks for coming thru yea I'm getting on that now putting rhe ph at 5.8 im working with hempy pots 3 to 1 perlite vermiculite.

Hey mr. Brunch nice soil grow you got there with super critical from ghs. Think I'll be popping my ghs bubba kush soon. Thanks for the kind words but you know they sought of fixed themselves once I got there environment right.

Yea corky lesson learned.
Thanks Jayjay.

Here they are now at I think 45 46 days in I should have topped them but its ok I plan on keeping these as mothers anyway. I'll be taking clones tomrrow and start the next stage of my garden which will be perpetuating it. Right now I'm feeding them at a rate of 20ml pbp grow with every wartering. The rate is like everyday now. There're in bed risers I converted into hempys.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=66954&pictureid=1597192View Image https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=66954&pictureid=1597191View Image

Shit, they're looking gorgeous now! And to think you thought they were doomed... :)

DOWNLOW

What up Cannabis Motiva

Yea they're doing a hell of a lot beeter lol. I got cuttings going right now so if they take root I'll be able to start the next level.