What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can someone help explain what fittings I need for this?

I am for some reason having a hard time figuring out what size fitting I need without having the need to put them together by trial and error. I am trying to draft up my blueprints of my build so I don't screw something up and order online to save $$$$

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 12
I am for some reason having a hard time figuring out what size fitting I need without having the need to put them together by trial and error. I am trying to draft up my blueprints of my build so I don't screw something up and order online to save $$$$
Input and output are diff size

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 11

Mystic Funk

take that pump down to the hardware store in the plumbing section and ask for help.
tell them it's for a small fish pond or something.

it's hard to tell from the pic if it's NPT thread or straight cut??

I think I might have to do that. I have been trying to figure out size so I can figure out how to do the plumbing layout. I really wish I knew the inlets were different sizes ahead of time.

you were right. it was 3/8 MIP. I had to use the barbed fitting that screws in, then I guess I'll have to run a short piece of hose, connect with another barbed fitting but have it extend to 1/2".

yeah i know how ya feel. after owning 5 coral reef tanks, i know the hardships of plumbing some of these pumps can have. the thing is. these plastics are all solvant weldable which means you and use keytone based solvants to glue them to PVC like purple primer and pvc glues. all that needs to be done is the fittings/pump intake/output need to be modified so that they fit machanically using dremel toool and grinder and then simply bonded together. this is how i always handled these types of issues. ive done these mods on internal and external pumps with no leaks.