What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

femanized pollen used to impregnate a different Momma Plant will yield (x?)

CrescentFresh

sorry for noob question

I've spent a few hours researching and still have to bug you guys to understand this---

If I take a Super Silver Haze female and produce feminized pollen

and brush that pollen onto an OG Kush female--

what in the hell kind of seeds will result?

If the SSH and the OGK are both F4's - what happens?

If the SSH and the OGK are both F1's- what possibilities can happen?

thanks broze

so much abundant respect for every human reading this. thanks.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
You are gonna get feminized seeds. More than likely they will be pretty uniform across the board. I had a similar cross, and results were a 50/50 mix of both parents in the offspring.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
If I take a Super Silver Haze female and produce feminized pollen

How are you going to get pollen from a female plant?

If you have a female plant that has male flowers, it is what is called a hermaphrodite,

If you do what you say, the offspring will be a mix of female and hermie seeds. I inbred hermies for years long before there was such a thing as feminized seeds. Redneck version of fem'd seeds. LOL

The only bad news is that each successive crop gets more and more hermies. Eventually, it becomes too seedy.

At least, that has been my experience.

CrescentFresh

yes

yes

How are you going to get pollen from a female plant?

If you have a female plant that has male flowers, it is what is called a hermaphrodite,

If you do what you say, the offspring will be a mix of female and hermie seeds. I inbred hermies for years long before there was such a thing as feminized seeds. Redneck version of fem'd seeds. LOL

The only bad news is that each successive crop gets more and more hermies. Eventually, it becomes too seedy.

At least, that has been my experience.

yes - I was imagining an intentional, professional feminized pollen --> https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=132163

Latest posts

Latest posts