What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RSC Turkish

thejact55

was just rooting around seedsman and they have RSC Turkish, out of stock currently. any one know the story here? collected, or a reproduction?

Coughie

They have vague information on the line on RSCs website, but they can't verify where or when it came from.

I won't be doing anything with this line.
Not enough information.

There's another new Himilayan line they're offering too, some fiber/flower/seed trio use line..

Koondense

Veteran
Where do you get your infos?
Here's the description on RSC site although not complete still:

Turkish

Region: Middle East

Strain: Turkish

Genetics: Turkish 'Drug' Cultivar
Latitude: c. 38° N
Regional Maturation: c. September
Height: c. 0.5m - 1.5m
Aroma: Hash, floral, earth, spice, coffee
Characteristics: early maturing, short; good CBD potential
Grow Type: Outdoors, Greenhouse or Indoors (requires experience)

Please note: the precise origin and characteristics of this Turkish strain are not yet known. However, it is a short, fast-flowering 'drug' cultivar collected in Turkey.

This strain has a profile similar to other Middle Eastern varieties such as Lebanese and Syrian. The aroma is hashy, floral, and spicy, with notes of coffee on curing. The effect is moderate, suggesting CBD is present, as is typical in Middle Eastern strains. Most likely this variety is or was a hashish cultivar.

A fast-flowering variety, this Turkish strain is likely to be harvested from late August through September.

Further details will be provided when available.

Maybe ask member ngakpa, he should be THE source for RSC infos here.

Cheers

Zitz

The early flowering sounds nice for some outdoor action, but for now I'l leave it to those able to sift through the pheno's.

G

If you order their chitral you get the turkish as a freebie along with their kuamoni:tiphat:

thejact55

If i only didnt live where i live lol...i could have rsc freebies. Nobody jumped on the chitral i hear, odd. I ran a pack, what a dream to be able to sift through for pheno types. Every plant was unique. Maybe in some eyes this isnt prime. But for pheno hunters, what a gem. I still gotta get back into my repro to see whats in there.
Havent seen 'pa on here for a bit. This was kinda my half ass attempt at getting him to answer, outside of emailing him. Which i may.

troutman

Seed Whore
Nobody jumped on the chitral i hear, odd. I ran a pack, what a dream to be able to sift through for pheno types. Every plant was unique. Maybe in some eyes this isnt prime. But for pheno hunters, what a gem.

I have 4 Chitrali packs relaxing in my fridge and lots more goodies. :)

therevverend

Veteran
To be honest I've never heard good things about Turkish strains. It's hard to get info because of the government crackdown in the 70s. Even so I'd think someone who knows the growers would have gotten seeds to the west. It says something how rare it is to see Turkish seeds.
I've heard their hashish strains were originally hemp cultivars. Before they used the plants for textiles they used the resin on the plants for hashish. So the plants were multipurpose but not bred specifically for THC content.
However if you're looking for CBD strains you might find something. RSC's description sounds spot on.

GoatCheese

Veteran
The Turkish hash i smoked in Amsterdam some years ago was clearly related to Lebanese and Moroccan, but wasn't as tasty/aromatic and the effect was more stoned. It was closer to Leb than Moroc. It was nothing that special, but i have only tried it once.

acespicoli

My guess....

Turkish Landrace d' Underground Seeds, a genetics 100 % Indica native of Turkey, and available here in the form of regular seeds of cannabis.

Cristalin Photo from OG

I will say im a huge fan of RSC for getting great genetics out there I would get it even if it was a redistribution of the above genetics!
Not saying that it is...

thejact55

My guess....

Turkish Landrace d' Underground Seeds, a genetics 100 % Indica native of Turkey, and available here in the form of regular seeds of cannabis.

Cristalin Photo from OG
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74690&pictureid=1847435&thumb=0]View Image[/url]

I will say im a huge fan of RSC for getting great genetics out there I would get it even if it was a redistribution of the above genetics!
Not saying that it is...

Could be...and im ok with that reproduction lol. Just doesnt seem like RSC's style to do so...
But i dont know him personally or anything.

ngakpa

Veteran
Could be...and im ok with that reproduction lol. Just doesnt seem like RSC's style to do so...
But i dont know him personally or anything.

Hi -

to the best of my knowledge, there is no ripping off going on here - it's not something I would ever do, and I'm confident it's not what the source did, or his style

the grower who did the open-pollination reproduction of the Chitrali offered me the Turkish seeds as freebies to give away with the Chitrali seeds he produced

then there was a lot of initial interest in the Turkish and people asked if the seeds could be put on the site to be bought directly

he had made a bunch of Turkish seeds, because he is working the Turkish strain as a CBD project

if these seeds are related to the Underground Seeds accession then it's likely to be that the grower who worked on the Chitrali is connected to the people involved

in other words, as far as I know this isn't anyone ripping anyone else's work off, just the some Turkish seeds being passed between growers - the grower seems honest, and that fact nobody has emailed or complained is because afaik there is no reason for them to

on a wider ethical point:

I don't think anyone gets to claim ownership of landrace strains

rightly, the farmers in the growing regions should be able to, but that is several decades down the road yet

I don't claim ownership of the strains RSC sells

and that's despite a few places obviously using the genetics I personally collected - some explicitly, others covertly

it would be nice to get credit for collecting the original seeds, given the personal risks involved in collecting some of them, and also because it is part of the history of these strains

but that's a bit much to ask given some of the characters and egos involved in this industry

acespicoli

I think the olny ripping thats going on is when someone makes a ibl from a landrace to make it breed true for many generations then someone comes along and makes a fem version for sale with the same name on it ;) That what most of the ripping complaints I see are about. Also its done purely for profit not just to perpetuate a genetic that is rare or endangered. Im definately glad to see someone preserving these landrace strains in as much diversity as possible for future generations. Thanks to everyone here for doing that!

therevverend

Veteran
Tropical Seeds added a Turkish strain last month. To quote from their listing:

'Turkish landrace p3 is a strain from the east mountains of Turkey, where the turkish cannabis is mostly hashplants with stoned/narcotic high profile, usually fast flowering indicas or indica dominate.
Collected by Cristalin from the USC french collective in a road trip and worked up until the second generation....
Strain Type: Highland Turkish 3rd Generation
Breeders: Locals, Cristalin (Fr) and Aeritos (SP)

I reckon the picture at the top is the same as the strain Tropical is offering..

Last edited:

CannaZen

I would never claim ownership I have much respect for the origins of a varietal but when the progeny pass the first generations i feel like that is like when it begins to become work. The RSC is virtually the only place that exclusively offers unworked landrace seeds and I think that its an honor.

I have not seen much of the turkish from the RSC except from the seedsman and it has somewhat of a narrow leaf dynamic, Same with the Syrian I've not seen much of that either but for a NLD excluding the outdoor pic from the official site. The Parvati Jungli seems pretty cool if you want a low potency/almost hemp type to work with.

I would like to have a range of hash plant cultivars in my collection to cross together its difficult not to want to pick more than a couple varieties to grow, like the Sinai, Turkish and the Syrian but i dont have enough room when it comes to subjugation in pursuing uniformity in the specific traits that i want from both parents before making the cross. Its a shame, I would love nothing more than to pollinate all of these hash cultivars together in the yard but in order to pursue the individual traits I'm taking it one step at a time.

Last edited:

therevverend

Veteran
No one has accused The Real Seed Company of ripping off anyone's strain. Re-reading this thread, that's perfectly clear. Regardless of anyone's opinion of individual breeder rights.
Tropical Seeds seems to be doing the right thing, crediting the guy who sourced their Turkish strain. Of course we don't know 100% because the Frenchman they mention isn't here for comment. I like to give seed companies the benefit of the doubt.
I've done a bit of looking and it's possible the RSC's Turkish seeds may be from the same source. There was a Frenchman with USC who also worked with Chitrali.
It is cool that the folks behind The Real Seed Company do not claim to be breeders. They are sourcing strains that otherwise would be impossible for most people to get. It's my opinion who the source is should be nobody's business unless the source wishes to be named and even then it is not of great importance. Except for when it makes identifying a cultivar easier.
I realize I've probably been nosy but all this information is easily accessible with a quick search on google. Turkish strains are so rare when one pops up it perks the curiosity of people.,.

acespicoli

:lurk: thanks for posting the great picture updates !

There was a strain probably long gone called (turkish gummy)
the grower remarked it was the strongest landrace indica he had ever grown:

"Pure Indica genetics from Turkey of the late 1950's early 60's (that spacey weed)
strongest Indica you will find period. IMO best ever !!!!
No bubblegum in this at all
called gummy because of the gummy like sticky resin all over the this plant stalks,
sweet leaves and of course the flowers Excellent harvest always,
A perm in our medical box now for over 30 years.
Found in some Turkish Hash patties from the 70's had the gold seal on the kilo,
little more than a dozen seeds found and grew out in 1977" -MT

Last edited: