What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Popping some old beans

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Hi guys, I have some old beans that I'm gonna attempt to germinate. I'm looking to go hunting for a Chem D dad and praying that I find a stud. I'm gonna back all phenos up and do an open pollination.

picture.php

Any tips on how to do this would be awesome, I've had some advice already, I'm gonna do just a few at a time to see how they react.

HGO

G

growhigh1233

Hi guys, I have some old beans that I'm gonna attempt to germinate. I'm looking to go hunting for a Chem D dad and praying that I find a stud. I'm gonna back all phenos up and do an open pollination.

View Image

Any tips on how to do this would be awesome, I've had some advice already, I'm gonna do just a few at a time to see how they react.

HGO

good luck bro

im currently doing the same with my seed collection and pollen collection

popping the oldest seeds i have before its to late and iv just used some 5 year old frozen pollen to

use it or lose it :tiphat:

bestothebest

Ok I’d recommend an open pollination of it all too, just to make sure you don’t miss out on any freak phenos.

LouDog420

First tip is teamwork
dance013.gif

picture.php

Been sitting on them just like you, I'd imagine... Just not as much to work with.

Otherwise, open pollination first round, then limited crosses with selections while refining and picking final winners.

Good vibes man, I'll be watching
tiphat.gif

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
I know next to nothing on the topic, but I read through this thread:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=334985
There seems to be some pretty good info in there.
Hope there’s some keepers in there. Best of luck!

Thanks bro, just finished that thread.

Hi. Wishing you the very best of luck with the seeds mate.
There's a giberrilic acid kit on eBay for cheap ,help with older seeds. I've not tried it myself thought it might help.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/370484120852

Thats a cracking find mate, thank you.

Hi. How old are them? And how are been stored or preserved?

Im not sure how old they are now....maybe 5 years or longer. They have been stored in a sealed Tupperware box with rice and always kept in the refrigerator (no freezer)

good luck bro

im currently doing the same with my seed collection and pollen collection

popping the oldest seeds i have before its to late and iv just used some 5 year old frozen pollen to

use it or lose it :tiphat:
Hi bro...use it or lose it...true speak lol. Wishing you the best of luck on it.

Ok I’d recommend an open pollination of it all too, just to make sure you don’t miss out on any freak phenos.

Yeah thats the plan, Im thinking that I will probably get a 20-25% germ rate so Ill defo be doing an open pollination...paying that I find a stud before that

First tip is teamwork View Image

View Image

Been sitting on them just like you, I'd imagine... Just not as much to work with.

Otherwise, open pollination first round, then limited crosses with selections while refining and picking final winners.

Good vibes man, I'll be watching View Image

Haha hey Lou hell yeah, good minds think alike. Have u kept them in the fridge?

midsummer

I have a couple of the packs of the Bx2 so I am pulling for you. I have kept them much like you, rice, fridge but I also vacuum packed (doubt that make a real difference).
My concern isn’t how I stored them. I can sprout 15 year old seeds I made and stored well ASAP. My concern is how they were stored at the vendor.

In any case, may the force be with you and you seeds ��

azad

Buzkashi
Veteran
You Best throw all your seed away has they were bred for cash only. Bad karma comes to ppl not seeds lol

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
I have a couple of the packs of the Bx2 so I am pulling for you. I have kept them much like you, rice, fridge but I also vacuum packed (doubt that make a real difference).
My concern isn’t how I stored them. I can sprout 15 year old seeds I made and stored well ASAP. My concern is how they were stored at the vendor.

In any case, may the force be with you and you seeds ��

Thank you MS, I hope I can get at least some of them to pop.

i'd chuck em in the bin,,bad karma comes with them seeds.

Haha nah, I've liberated these seeds and will bring happniess throughout the world with their offsprings :laughing::laughing::laughing:

You Best throw all your seed away has they were bred for cash only. Bad karma comes to ppl not seeds lol

For real!

Just found this video on using GA3 by an old member of the forums, gonna order that kit you found az.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tehCb0Zbi1M

LouDog420

That's right, karma's not in the seeds. The seeds are nothing but love and nature, never hurt anybody. I like the idea of liberated ;)

If I remember, think TNT packs were long after the original bx2 release and was a server fund or 420 special, so there's that too...

No fridge unfortunately, but stored at a moderate temp and rh...

Sounds like we could organize a decent community pop. I know a few more packs out there as well

Latest posts

Latest posts