What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help! weird discoloration on seedling leaves

Dispatch87

I'm growing 9 autos one of which 1 has a whitish discoloration on its leaves. its 8 days since seed and the plant is Auto Blue Cheese from barney's. I'm using black gold soil. I haven't added any notes or anything but the leaves right from the beginning have had this issue.

I've checked various articles and could find anything that matches. is this a note deficiency or a pest/fungus problem,? I have 8 other autos looking fine and I'm worried that it might spread.

this is only my second grow so I really need some advice on this one.
should I keep this plant separate from the others if its a spreading fungus? I've attached the picture so please help me out. I've attached the picture.

Attachments

• IMG_0111.JPG
    IMG_0111.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 5

Yormom

Looks like nutrients are needed.
Look under the leaves for mites.
What is your temperature night/ day.
What's the pH of your water?
What's the pH of your run off.
What light are you using?
How close is the light?

Dispatch87

The underside of the leaves look fine. That's the first thing I checked. The plant is only 8 days from seed so far I haven't added any nutes. The water ph is 7.3. Haven't measured the run off. I'm growing 9 autos in a 4x4 grow tent with 2 1000 watt led. The lights are probably 30 inches from the top of the plant.
Strange thing is the remaining 8 are doing fine under the same conditions.

Dispatch87

It's was a little on the higher side until yesterday. Around 85f. Now I'm maintaining at 78-80f. Do you think it's some nutrient deficiency ?

DONAJTHEIII

Looks genetic to me my Chiesel does this. I don't think you have anything to worry about. I have four other strains running in flower with my chiesel and they all look perfect. The chiesel still throws out random discolored leaves I think it's similar to variegation. It also yields fat and is super potent.

Happy growing 🙂

DONAJTHEIII

That would be cool if it was variegated. I've never seen that in herb before.

I got six chiesels In flower all showing the same thing as they always have. End product is not effected at all. I'll try to post some photos tonight when lights turn on. End product is superb sitting at top shelf like all of my flowers. Threw me off at first too glad I didn't throw it out like others have said to do on forums. Thought I was doing something wrong until everything was getting fed from the same res and same results. after a year realized it was genetics.

She's a keeper in my stable to this day

Cheers :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts